What's new

Aliens, yay or nay?

Aliens, yay or nay?

• Absolutely no

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • Maybe, i'm not sure

Votes: 43 11.5%
  • Of course, there are aliens out there!

Votes: 312 83.6%

• Total voters

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
wow was it a full moon or something? that was some heated multi posting yesterday, lol. i can't even delete the double triple and quadruple posts due to a glitch.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I don't know everything. I am fine with not knowing things.

Like when I see a video of lights in the sky... I say, "Hmm. Wonder what that was? I DON'T KNOW!"

What I *DON'T* do is see a video of lights in the sky and say, "ALIENS! What else COULD it be?!?!?!?!"

Anti, we have been over this already...

and no one here is claiming to know the truth beyond the shadow of a doubt...

but, lets face it, owing to the vastness of space and the likelihood of there being intelligent life out there over there not being any; and seeing lights in the sky that we cannot explain, it is very reasonable to consider the possibility of such being of alien origin, specially when they conduct in an orderly intelligent manner.

not only that, but claims of people that say they have communicated one way or another with alien life forms, gives more weight to such possibility.

whether the claims are true or not, we cannot either prove nor disprove; all we can do is consider them when we are trying to speculate on which possibility is the truest one.

81731d1337341427-what-really-sank-kursk-nuclear-im-not-saying-aliens.jpg

:biglaugh:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I bring up mythical beings like Santa Claus, unicorns, leprechauns, etc. because I am using them to illustrate the flaws in your logic using a DIFFERENT example so that you can see how absurd your logic is.

sorry Anti, but what you are doing is actually an insult to logic.

again, owing to the vastness of space, the mathematical possibility of there being a planet full of unicorns, or leprechauns, or one inhabited by santa claus and his elves, makes imagining such possibilities very easy.

what about McKenna's inter-dimensional leprechauns with whom communication can be accessed through the use of dmt rich substances?

what about all the mythological entities that indeed inhabit dimensions that we can access through the use of entheogens?

is all of these just bollocks, improbable non-empirical fantasies of the dumb ones?

Hubbleman

Veteran
What about other dimensions ??
We all talking about aliens, this and that, but there other planes of existence out there, where said aliens can dwell.
I hate to break it to you all, but the physical universe we see is only the tip of the iceberg.
While weed, shrooms and pills are not strong enough to show these things to you, DMT or Salvia are enough to get glimpses of other worlds :)

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Hubble, many have already proposed such in the thread...

technically speaking, if a visitor from another dimension were to come here, he could still be called an 'alien'... there are more exact terms like 'extra-dimensional' etc...

but still alien applies... as in 'not native'.

Cannavore

Veteran
People who are convinced alien life is visiting this planet is no different than the poor schmucks who think Jesus Christ is trying to contact them on a piece of bread or the stain of wood on the door of their shitter.

What's so special about this ball of rock? Does it happen to coincide with you being alive on it at the time? Besides abundant water sources, extra terrestrial life really has no purpose of coming to an underdeveloped planet.

What's more likely? Military testing of secret propulsion technology decades ahead of public technology, or aliens coming by our small, insignificant ball of rock just to say whats up and mutilate some cows?

Dr Michael Persigner pretty much concludes heavenly visits and UFO sightings involve electromagnetism and the role it plays on the human brain. The god helmet, look it up, it'll disprove just about any "evidence" of extra terrestrial activity.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
People who are convinced alien life is visiting this planet is no different than the poor schmucks who think Jesus Christ is trying to contact them on a piece of bread or the stain of wood on the door of their shitter.

What's so special about this ball of rock? Does it happen to coincide with you being alive on it at the time? Besides abundant water sources, extra terrestrial life really has no purpose of coming to an underdeveloped planet.

What's more likely? Military testing of secret propulsion technology decades ahead of public technology, or aliens coming by our small, insignificant ball of rock just to say whats up and mutilate some cows?

Dr Michael Persigner pretty much concludes heavenly visits and UFO sightings involve electromagnetism and the role it plays on the human brain. The god helmet, look it up, it'll disprove just about any "evidence" of extra terrestrial activity.

Michael Persigner, a knight of Scientism, not Science, so fail.

easily debunked by the fact that because we can see how the brain is affected by electromagnetism, it does not answer Why it can be affected in such a way, and Why is there such reaction.

nor does it it solve the mystery of the origin or source of such phenomena.

if you want real pure science, first thing is to stay away from the peeps thinking science can be used to explore philosophy and religion.

we use science to understand how things work, not why. big difference, the same that sets science from scientism apart.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I find it very interesting that this subject clearly divides and conquers the way it does. I've been wondering if this thread would die off, but now it's obvious that it won't.

One thing is the people who don't believe in aliens are obviously threatened by the people who do... and not the other way around. It always devolves into name calling from that side of the fence. I find that interesting, sociologically speaking.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Hemp! You're talking ABOUT ME. Of course I'm making it about me. I'm not making EVERYTHING about me. But when you're discussing YOUR OPINION OF ME I'm entitled to assume it's about me, right?

That's reasonable to do, isn't it?

Oh so how you've had to endure the same arguements from the same people for over 60 pages is about my opinion of you? That you've decided to attack peoples belief simply because you personally have decided they're unsubstantiated and/or absurd is all about my opinion of you? I think you've just proven yourself unfit to judge anyone else, your view is too skewed in your favor. You apparently think everything is about you.

I suppose someone elected you to make this distinction, eh?

No, it's right there in the title, "Aliens Yah or Nay" no need for elections, just the ability to read and comprehend english is all that's required, no elections necessary.

Well then maybe you should just come in here.... VOTE... and then maybe leave an explanation for why you voted. Instead of participating in the discussion for 70 pages and THEN trying to tell me that I shouldn't be.

First of all I'm not telling you that you shouldn't be here. I'm asking you to be more respectful of peoples views. I can see though in your current "it's all about me" mode, where you would see it as me telling you you shouldn't be here. I did come in and vote and leave an explaination and then I didn't say anything for several pages while I watched people like you and Bill diligently attack everyone with demands for proof and suggestions of how poorly you thought of whatever reasoning brought them to form their beliefs. I've spent much of the 70 pages fighting against that because if you'll look around what was once a fun and active thread with people openly sharing their beliefs and experiences has been steadily dying off. Likely because most people don't want to be judged by someone like you and have their beliefs picked apart and put on display. It rallied briefly when you went silent for a little bit because you were acting persecuted and wondering why everyone was hating on you. So I tried to encourage a lighter mood by posting some pics claiming them to be proof even though clearly they were not. Unfortunately you got over your belief that everyone hated you and started attacking again.

I'm not here trying to teach anybody anything and I'm certainly not calling anyone a fool. What I am doing is trying to have a conversation on the internet about aliens.

I say you're too personally involved to objectively judge what you're doing in this thread. Lets ask Bombadil.360, LegalizeDK, Hubbleman and everyone else's opinion you've attacked if they feel you're just trying to have a conversation and haven't called anyone a fool. Some how I just don't believe they'll come to the same rosey conclusion you have.

You seem to be having a conversation about how you've got me all figured out and how I'm not as smart as I think I am and how you are definitely smarter than I think you are.

Well.. have fun with that.

I'm not here to try to stop you from doing whatever you want.

I will argue if I disagree, though.

Where have I said that I have you all figured out or asserted that I'm definately smarter then you think I am? I have no conclusive statement from you as to exactly what you think my level of smartness is. I would have to have such a conclusive statement to be able to definitively state I am smarter then you think I am. I probably am because of dismissive comments you've made of my views such as suggesting I am telling people to be so open minded their brains spill on the floor, suggust you don't think much of what my level of smartness is.

Speculating about who was elected to run this thread while attempting to run this thread *IS* talking down to me, though.

I wasn't speculating who was elected to run this thread. The topic of who was elected to run this thread has never come up. You positioned yourself as having the right to challenge any opinion you decide is unsubstantiated and/or absurd. To which I questioned who elected you to do that. I then merely suggested you could be a little more respectful of people's opinions, If I was trying to run the thread I wouldn't be making suggestions. I'd be doing like you and saying I have the self appointed right to demand you behave more respectfully just like you have appointed yourself judge of peoples beliefs and demand they prove things to your satisfaction.

It could've stopped BEFORE you decided to start judging me int he first place. it could've stopped AFTER I told you that i *COULD* see what you were saying.

Oh so what, are you the only person allowed to judge people then? It's fine for you to judge everyone else but how dare anyone judge you? :rolleyes: Get over yourself. I would have stopped had you left it at you could see what I was saying. You didn't though, you went on to try and justify it by suggesting you were driven to this point of being disrespectful after 60 pages of argueing with the same people about the same things. Which unfortunately turned out to be bullshit, since your very first post on page 3 in this thread had you being disrespectful of people's opinions.

Unfortunately, you asked a question, which I then answered. You didn't like my answer, so you responded. And so on. Unfortunately, that's how conversations often work.

No I was fine with you answer that you could see where your way of responding was dismissive. What I didn't like was the bullshit rational you gave in an attempt to justify yourself. Conversations don't usually include rationals of why people think they have the right to disrespect other peoples positions. Nor could it be said that's how conversations work.

I agreed that I have been relatively dismissive of points that I think are unsubstantiated. You pointing it out to me is NOT forwarding the "Aliens, yay or nay" discussion one whit.

Yeah okay me pointing out your bullshit rational was in fact bullshit isn't advancing the "Aliens, yay or nay" discussion one whit but then again neither is you judging everyone's opinion as absurd to the point they give up on the thread. So yeah captain obvious, I had to go off topic to try to get you back on topic.

It's also not very humble. Maybe you were elected to point crap out that should be obvious?

What on earth makes you think I should be humble when calling you out on your bullshit? Why should I be humble to the guy openly agreeing that he is being dismissive of people's beliefs and then coming up with some weak ass lie, that's so easily disproven, to attempt to justify it?

I didn't say fuck you. Those are your words.

No shit Sherlock, that's why it says "translation". Captain Obvious strikes again.

Thanks, Hemp! You seem to be kind of a self-righteous prick.

Oh that's rich, self righteous prick, and coming from the person who has deemed himself judge over the absurdity of other people's beliefs. :rolleyes:

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Precisely

I agree with this, it's what I took objection to causing the big shitstorm above.

The 6% are technically correct. It can't be proven at this time. Yet 83% of respondents still believe in it. I can see how that would frustrate people.

Everything I said above could really have boiled down into one quote:

"But that's just like, your opinion, man." -- The Dude

<3 Tesla

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
What about other dimensions ??
We all talking about aliens, this and that, but there other planes of existence out there, where said aliens can dwell.
I hate to break it to you all, but the physical universe we see is only the tip of the iceberg.
While weed, shrooms and pills are not strong enough to show these things to you, DMT or Salvia are enough to get glimpses of other worlds :)

Hubble

Funny you mention that. In this short video, Adam Kokesh shows a little packet of DMT he purchased from the Silk Road. He kind of giggles about the drawing on the slip of paper that says "connect."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d63er9oUk8

The "connect" symbol is one of the "sacred circuits" shared by Bashar. The sacred circuits are said to be sentient beings who convey different neural pathways for those who wish to rewire to a higher vibration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3isOlCnLOw

Good shit man.

I've realized that DMT comes from mimosa trees. I happen to have a ton of them in my yard. Looking into harvesting same. :D

<3 Tesla

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I don't know if the arguing has stopped yet, but I'll try to post my thoughts in here now...

I see UFOs frequently, after seeing my first one 8 years ago. Anyone who has seen these before knows beyond any shadow of a doubt that no technology that we know of can do the things that we are seeing with our own eyes...

...But I hesitate to call them aliens because I really don't know what they are. In all probability, they could be secret government or illuminati craft... they could be advanced beings who are native to Earth (and hence, not aliens) who have been staying mostly out of sight, but existing here all along... they could be natural phenomena that relate to the fact that Earth is a biological organism at a level which is macrocosmic to us, with intelligence and everything...

Who knows what they are for sure? If this is a thread about specifically whether "aliens" are real, I cannot say. But if it's a thread about UFOs being real, then all I can tell you is, yes, and you will ALL be seeing them soon, because they are becoming more and more prevalent as time goes on. I film them with my little handy cam, and I have gotten dozens of hours of recorded footage of these moving stars, and intelligently controlled balls of light, which sometimes spit out other balls of light.

But what they are I still do not know for sure. Technically speaking.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Hush:

I once attended a Native American pipe ceremony, which was held in a windowless basement. They turned the lights off for most of it. While we were sitting there in the dark listening to the singing prayers, I saw balls of light like what you describe. I can't imagine any scientific explanation for it. They also moved around the room, multiplying and rejoining.

I felt the urge to put my hands out in front of me, palms up. I had no idea why, but it felt like the exact thing to do. The lights suddenly came on. The two women sitting next to me were in the exact same position with their palms up.

Many Native Americans also believe their ancestors were aliens. They also believe, as you said, that the earth is a living organism that is aware of us.

Not intended as a conclusive statement, just an observation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts