What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aliens, yay or nay?

Aliens, yay or nay?

• Absolutely no

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • Maybe, i'm not sure

Votes: 43 11.5%
  • Of course, there are aliens out there!

Votes: 312 83.6%

• Total voters

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
the problem with all the supposed debunkers of the videos, is that none of them have any conclusive evidence of them being fakes. there's no proof whatsoever, and all is based on speculation such as: "there are rumors that say that all videos were posted by the same person" etc... etc... etc...

It's interesting that you require debunking to provide "conclusive evidence" but you do not have the same requirements of the initial claim. "Those lights were created by Intersteller spaceships piloted by Aliens" is a much bigger leap than "somebody faked that".

Why do you not complain that there's no conclusive evidence of them being aliens?

until someone can come up with real proof of how the videos were edited or faked, then I'll discard them as a hoax, but rumors aren't enough...

Until someone can come up with reasonable evidence of how these videos are genuine evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence I'll discard them as likely hoaxes. Videos of unexplained lights do not convince me that extraterrestrials are visiting Earth.

Space Toker

Veteran
I cannot provide a useful response now, but what wonderful interesting sentiments BOG!
I keep coming here when I am not in any shape to make a response but that is coming. peace

legalizeDK

Ok. So there are interesting lights in the sky. I see no reason to suppose they are alien space craft. Do you?

to me there is the possibility that it is alien. what your theory then?

and its not just lights in the sky. they said it traveled really fast and it was a solid object. again what is your theory?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
to me there is the possibility that it is alien. what your theory then?

I agree that there is a possibility that it could be alien.

The footage could be 100% real and STILL not be aliens.

The footage could be fake (i,.e. the lights were added in aftereffects).

I see no evidence of any actual object. No glints of metal. No markings. No windows. No definable shape. Just lights.

So... let's say that I assume that the lights were really there that day.

What do I know about the lights? Nothing.

Why should I speculate that it was ALIENS? Only ALIENS are capable of making lights?

COULD IT POSSIBLY BE ALIENS? Sure.

COULD IT POSSIBLY BE FLYING LEPRECHAUNS with Glowsticks? Sure.

COULD IT POSSIBLY BE VIDEO EDITING? Sure.

If you ask me, we should gather more evidence before we jump to any conclusions.

If you want me to speculate:

Anti's Speculation About What Could Be said:
Something happened in the sky that was interesting enough for the people on the ground to film it and pay attention.

It could've been anything. A child losing his balloon and then it burst.

Someone got ahold of the footage from 3 cameras of the balloon bursting and then EDITED the balloon out and added the weird lights in.

So all the reactions of people when the light shoots straight up in the sky coudl've been the reaction to the balloon bursting. Or the eagle grabbing the hawk. Or anything. But it was edited to make it look like the people were reacting to the lights, which didn't exist in the original footage.

Can you prove my speculation is wrong?

and its not just lights in the sky. they said it traveled really fast and it was a solid object. again what is your theory?
They say that Santa Claus flies in a magical sleigh pulled by flying reindeer and delivers presents to all the good little boys and girls.

What's your theory?

legalizeDK

The footage could be fake (added in aftereffects).

I see no evidence of any actual object. No glints of metal. No markings. No windows. No definable shape. Just lights.

Why should I speculate that it was ALIENS? Only ALIENS are capable of making lights?

If you ask me, we should gather more evidence before we jump to any conclusions.

They say that Santa Claus flies in a magical sleigh pulled by flying reindeer and delivers presents to all the good little boys and girls.

What's your theory?

did you watch the vid at all.
one dude explains that the spectrum of ligt it emitted was similar to a solid object or high density plasma. so we do know something about the lights.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
did you watch the vid at all.
one dude explains that the spectrum of ligt it emitted was similar to a solid object or high density plasma. so we do know something about the lights.

We know what "one dude" thinks about those lights.

Neither of us knows whether that "dude" is credible.

How do you get from "similar to a solid object or high density plasma" to "ALIENS?"

There's no reason to jump to aliens, but you keep doing so. Why?

legalizeDK

The footage could be fake (i,.e. the lights were added in aftereffects).

If you want me to speculate:

Can you prove my speculation is wrong?

What's your theory?

what??? there is a reason to belive in aliens in general because it possible but FLYING LEPRECHAUNS come on

MAGIC is not possible unless magic is an unexplained science

legalizeDK

because if it is not human, what is it then.

and please stop wasting time writing about mythical beings like unicorn ect. because that is not what we are discussing

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
if itsnot of human origin what is it

AGAIN with the argument from ignorance?

I say that the square root of 1230912830192341239487239487234987234982374012394304982304982340923840923842039820982340823409238492837549283475923485793485756756756757300202029484948923839203590489487223490409840984098409840984 is blueberries.

If you don't know the answer I'm right, right?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I have to agree, when I look at the videos I see a convincing accounting of unknown sources of light in the sky. I'll go as far as saying aliens could be one possible explaination but would stop short at saying they're the only possible explaination for what's in the video.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
and please stop wasting time writing about mythical beings like unicorn ect. because that is not what we are discussing

I bring up mythical beings like Santa Claus, unicorns, leprechauns, etc. because I am using them to illustrate the flaws in your logic using a DIFFERENT example so that you can see how absurd your logic is.

legalizeDK

AGAIN with the argument from ignorance?

I say that the square root of 1230912830192341239487239487234987234982374012394304982304982340923840923842039820982340823409238492837549283475923485793485756756756757300202029484948923839203590489487223490409840984098409840984 is blueberries.

If you don't know the answer I'm right, right?
this is bullshit and you know it

i asked you what is it then without reffering to mythical being

legalizeDK

I have to agree, when I look at the videos I see a convincing accounting of unknown sources of light in the sky. I'll go as far as saying aliens could be one possible explaination but would stop short at saying they're the only possible explaination for what's in the video.

i havnt said its the only explanation. but no one here offers another theory

only anti and his mythical friends

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I bring up mythical beings like Santa Claus, Unicorns, Leprechauns, etc. because I am using them to illustrate the flaws in your logic using a DIFFERENT example so that you can see how absurd your logic is.

Yeah but can't you also see where it comes off like your mocking the person you're doing it to? Can't you see where comparing it to things like Santa Claus or unicorns is like telling people what they think is childish nonsense?

legalizeDK

Yeah but can't you also see where it comes off like your mocking the person you're doing it to? Can't you see where comparing it to things like Santa Claus or unicorns is like telling people what they think is childish nonsense?

he cant he can only see from inside his litlle bubble thats called anti the allknowing ;)

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran

I can see how it can come off that way.

It's been 60 fucking pages and the SAME fucking argument from the SAME fucking people. How seriously do you expect me to treat the SAME fucking question I've already answered sixty fucking times?