What's new

Ahmar F1 : 60s Panama Red x Chefchaouen 'Sativa' Hashplant

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and for the record here is what the Hash Farmer's son said about what his dad crossed the Panama Red to, in his words.

so he crossed it with another sativa male plant from the rif regions chefchaouen, people smoke it as bud but is also still classed as a “sativa” hash plant as that is its main purpose but dad preferred it better in bud, it is different to the blond hash that we use that is from ketama and most indica hash plants come from that region of the rif but the sativa plant dad used has a very nice effect
it’s kind of herbal tea, woody, earthy, coffee spicy, smelling on its own,

Redrum92

There’ll be a rush as soon as it gets crossed to the latest hype strand 😂

Truth. Especially crazy considering it basically already looks like a modern elite.

You're a lucky man. Make sure to keep the pics coming on the F2, really curious what will come out there

P.s., weird question, won't be offended if you ignore, but: you're not from Appalachia (USA) are you? I have family from there, and they also say "strand" instead of "strain". Dialects/Languages are strange

Last edited:

island_organics

Truth. Especially crazy considering it basically already looks like a modern elite.

You're a lucky man. Make sure to keep the pics coming on the F2, really curious what will come out there

P.s., weird question, won't be offended if you ignore, but: you're not from Appalachia (USA) are you? I have family from there, and they also say "strand" instead of "strain". Dialects/Languages are strange
There's always going to be somebody who thinks they can 'improve' a line by out crossing it to an average polyhybrid lol.

I'll update regularly, and i'm also really curious to see how these develop.

Definetly not from Appalachia, and only used the term 'strand' as it seems to be favoured by growers who cross hype with more hype and anything else that could become the next hype lol.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks folks, the only cross i've made is with the pre98 Bubba clone... which to me is a no-brainer - given that there are a lot of similarities and great vigor in the Ahmar... plus the terp profile of the male used in the original F1 (herbal tea, woody, earthy, coffee spicy, smelling) sounds bang on. Obviously if the male was related to the bubba in any way then it would be as an ancestor.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so 3 girls from the second five F1 plants. these were taken 2 days ago at just over a week into flower.
Boys first. the shortest plant as a boy! and one of the taller ones.
ahmmales.jpg

short one. i think i will use it. i initially thought it might be runty but the root growth doesn't look slow or weak. i'll do one of @GMT node counts perhaps to decide but its quite nice looking. the two pics below that are of the taller one
maleshort.jpg

Attachments

• tallmalenug.jpg
    tallmalenug.jpg
    980.1 KB · Views: 20
  • maletall.jpg
    maletall.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its simply count the node pairs on the plants and it gives a comparison of two plants that may be of different size. Obviously on a female each node will end up making a bud so it gives an idea of potential yield if those traits pass to the next generation.
So looking at the two males above... they actually have about the same number of nodes even though one is much bigger. (i cut a long branch off the tall male a couple weeks ago to make space so i had to estimate a little that also probably contributed to the rest of it getting taller) !
VG

Reactions: zif

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok here are the original 2 girls at just over 8 weeks and looking like they need the trics checking to see how ripe they are. We've had a heatwave in the UK last couple weeks and they are maybe a bit heat stressed but they seem to have largely taken it in their stride..
Red 5 .
ahm5nrlypl.jpg
ahm5nerlnugs.jpg
ahm5nrlynug.jpg

this smaller bud has been further from the light and seems to have more 'red' pigment
ahm5lilnug.jpg

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Purp 4 looks nice.

(Greater nodal count on a shorter plant equals greater auxin production, greater nodal count on a taller plant equals greater vigour (not the same thing)). Horses for courses.

island_organics

Ahmar f2’s twenty four hours after transplant, looking happy and ready to rage. There’s a couple of phenotypes by the look of it, one which is more squat with wider leaves and shorter internodes, and one a bit taller with longer internodes and a narrower leaf. They should show sex pretty soon, at which point i can get the females into their final pots and start training them.

0AA09958-0D23-430A-85F3-81AB43137951.jpeg
7F6C8C8F-14F5-4C86-91B4-D39C6C20A665.jpeg
6D443D8D-473C-4434-B916-A18614A26DA3.jpeg
76C8CD69-90A2-4AEA-BBCE-698D6E061C0C.jpeg