What's new

Ahmar F1 : 60s Panama Red x Chefchaouen 'Sativa' Hashplant

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, firstly, i sent a few packs of the F2s to Seed Boutique/Real gorilla and they should have arrived today and hopefully be listed soon. These are the original batch of F2s from the Red5 and Purp4 girls that i made with the 3 males i got in the first round... 12 seeds in a pack, 6 from each plant, the largest 6 will be from Red5 and the smallest 6 will be purp 4.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
also today i harvested the second run of Those two girls at 9.5 weeks, with a few more seeds in some of the buds.
Took a load of pics.
Red5: Smells like a sweet bubba with some woody, musk and Rose. Finished a little ugly but still looks nice i think.
Ahmarpl5done.jpg
Ahmpl5done.jpg
Ahmpl5nugdone.jpg
redvelvdoneleaf.jpg
red5donetop.jpg

Redrum92

My seed budget (and closet space) for the year is all spoken for... hope you work this line for a while so I can get a chance at it in the future! I bet it will be a lot of fun to breed with, maybe do an IBL/a lot of BXing? Or any plans to hybridize with your famous Bubba or anything?

island_organics

Gorgeous colours @VerdantGreen, and the aromas sound delicious too.
Mine are just over four weeks old with one confirmed female so far. I have a feeling that the three taller plants will be males by the primordial pre flowers which i’m happy about as 3 males and 2 females is nice for a small open pollination. I’m hoping to have the female plants sexed and in their final pots by the middle of next week.
First pics are the 3 possible males, and the last two show the confirmed female and the smallest plant which germinated a week later than the rest so is a bit behind the others but i have a feeling will also be a girl.
6E36CCD8-523B-48C1-9A51-D2D2DBEADADC.jpeg
EEB55A2F-2E75-4D94-B3EF-29ED422BC4B8.jpeg
47D9D4B0-3D29-44B6-9111-E0F3FEC68E80.jpeg
3BE753D5-08AF-4F47-8365-0004A017F3BD.jpeg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My seed budget (and closet space) for the year is all spoken for... hope you work this line for a while so I can get a chance at it in the future! I bet it will be a lot of fun to breed with, maybe do an IBL/a lot of BXing? Or any plans to hybridize with your famous Bubba or anything?
I've enjoyed your enthusiasm for the plants, so thanks for that, and yes i will be playing with this for a while... this is really just the first act, and if the remaining 3 girls are anywhere near the quality of the first two that i've smoked then even more so !
The smoke is great for someone like me. Its the kind of taste i love and i'm starting to properly understand why the farmer liked it so much. I'm in my fifties and a gardener by trade, i have plenty of aches and pains (carpel tunnel syndrome/tennes elbow/rsi ) so some bodystone/muscle relaxing is good for me, but i also need to my keep self motivation and keep moving - and the Red pheno has a great contented, active head high along with the bodystone. You can carry on getting stuff done - you have to get the dosage right though because it's quite potent and too much too soon will knock you out.
The purple one's high is quite a bit more lively, euphoric and soaring, with a touch of 'edge' but also a little body... and really just as good as the red in its own way.
And if you look at the post above yours again, you'll see the cross with the bubba is done and dusted, which means my frozen pollen from the first 3 males is viable, so i can, with luck, get the maximum amount of combinations making the F2's with the new plants and i don't have to flower the original 3 males again.
ime, as a 'hobby' breeder/hack or whatever you want to call it.. even if a released variety deserves attention (which at the end of the day is for others to decide), it takes years to gain widespread recognition... that was the case with my C4DD and BlueDigiBerry lines, everyone suddenly starts wanting them after 5-10 years, just as you've started running out of stock lol.
I really couldn't have hoped for a better cross to preserve and do some work on.. i feel quite blessed.
VG :tiphat:

island_organics

I've enjoyed your enthusiasm for the plants, so thanks for that, and yes i will be playing with this for a while... this is really just the first act, and if the remaining 3 girls are anywhere near the quality of the first two that i've smoked then even more so !
The smoke is great for someone like me. Its the kind of taste i love and i'm starting to properly understand why the farmer liked it so much. I'm in my fifties and a gardener by trade, i have plenty of aches and pains (carpel tunnel syndrome/tennes elbow/rsi ) so some bodystone/muscle relaxing is good for me, but i also need to my keep self motivation and keep moving - and the Red pheno has a great contented, active head high along with the bodystone. You can carry on getting stuff done - you have to get the dosage right though because it's quite potent and too much too soon will knock you out.
The purple one's high is quite a bit more lively, euphoric and soaring, with a touch of 'edge' but also a little body... and really just as good as the red in its own way.
And if you look at the post above yours again, you'll see the cross with the bubba is done and dusted, which means my frozen pollen from the first 3 males is viable, so i can, with luck, get the maximum amount of combinations making the F2's with the new plants and i don't have to flower the original 3 males again.
ime, as a 'hobby' breeder/hack or whatever you want to call it.. even if a released variety deserves attention (which at the end of the day is for others to decide), it takes years to gain widespread recognition... that was the case with my C4DD and BlueDigiBerry lines, everyone suddenly starts wanting them after 5-10 years, just as you've started running out of stock lol.
I really couldn't have hoped for a better cross to preserve and do some work on.. i feel quite blessed.
I love the sound of the effects. I’m also in my fifties and work in the building trade so appreciate a variety that helps to relax the muscles without deadening the mind.

To preserve the line as best i can i’ll separate the males and flower them indoors and mix the pollen so i can pollinate the females with the mix on the same day to preserve as much genetic diversity as possible in the f3 generation.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds good @island_organics, i was just about to comment on your F2s, which are looking great.. and fairly uniform so far from the pics. fingers crossed for the late starter being a girl !
All yours are the bigger seeds from the Red 5 seed mother i think you told me?

i have 3 seedlings from Purp 4 that i'll post some pics of soon
it will be hard to compare them, given the different environments, but interesting all the same to see if they are throwing different looking populations..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Right, at the risk of this thread getting confusing with so many plants on the go...
Here are the three F1 girls, plants, 7, 8 and 9, from the second germination of the original F1 seeds:
All being flowered for the first time, Pics taken 2 days ago at 3 weeks.
F1 Plant 9 the tallest. i had to tie the two longer branches down after this pic.
Ahmar9@3-4pl.jpg
Ahm9@3-4nug.jpg

F1 Plant 8
ahm8@3-4pl.jpg
Ahm8@3-4nug.jpg

F1 plant 7
ahm7@3-4.jpg
ahm7@3-4nug.jpg

will do some pollination of these with the males from this batch as well as some frozen pollen from the previous males. I am also running the original 2 girls AGAIN to pollinate with the new pollen... .
VG

Last edited:

Lugo

Veteran
I remember that I heard many years ago that colombian seeds were taken to Morocco in the 70s in orden to improve the potency of moroccan cultivars.
Clarke says in his book Hashish! that afghan seeds and afghan farmers to tend them were taken to Los Llanos region of Colombia in the 70s.
Sorry if I am going off topic :)
Well thats the first I ever here of that. Although I am definetely aware that there is a definite undercurrent of Arab and Middle Eastern immigration as old as the conquista in Colombia.

Any chance I could bother you for a more precise reference from Clarkes book?

TIA!

Lugo

Veteran
You're right, it could pass for a modern hybrid but so could all the other heavily worked landrace varieties out there. Also i think there's a misconception that all landrace plants have a wild, untamed look about them which simply isn't true. I've grown enough P1 landrace stock to know that some plants could easily pass for a modern variety with ample resin and a high calyx to leaf ratio. Sometimes looks can be

I grew the greengrocer panamas

Apparently two different panamas together

There was a pistilate and a calyx dominant pheno

Both tall and long flower though

Pistilate was the longest

Calyx was not as narrow leaf and earlier and more sedation

Pistilate was skinnier later more zingy

Both has too much sedation for me

I did enjoy growing all of them

At my age i need zing and more zing

Maha

Lots of what you said i agree with
And i am not trying to be smart ass
I only care about getting a particular
No sedative high
and would gladly smoke wld
If i found one like that

But i have a hard enough job finding sativas
With out too much sedation

including haze

I plan to pheno search
Don't forget Panama WAS part of Colombia and know that what *WAS known as Panama Red is actually Colombian Punto Rojo in a different, more coastal and rocky terroir.

*apparently and understandably, there are tons of folks seriously misinformed on Panama Red and others thanks to seed banks

Rgd

Veteran
Don't forget Panama WAS part of Colombia and know that what *WAS known as Panama Red is actually Colombian Punto Rojo in a different, more coastal and rocky terroir.
the GG Panama’s looked lot like colombian..the tall skinny colombian

years ago greengrocer sent me Colombia Red..which is a gorgeous tall skinny Colombian that makes good long solid sativa buds..its just too sedative for me..I wanted to love it

early flower
col Red.JPG

long

Ticketyboo

Sound straight up my street I’m also in my fifties with fibromyalgia put me down to test or buy bro 😎

Redrum92

I got too excited and skimmed right past the little Bubba pic lol. Can't wait to see what that brings out both aesthetically and effect-wise.

Love the fact that there are a wide variety of effects. Probably 75% of my smoking is the heavy stuff. My true love is some physical relief.. but I appreciate some zippy, electric bud in the morning, like anyone. Wild when you can get that all from one line.

The delay with popularity is weird. I think part of that may be the EU -> US delay/ cultural rift. Not many European people get noticed over here these days. You have to be very active on social media even as a local. The fact that your strains end up slowly gaining popularity just by reputation speaks to their quality more than anything

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran
I am in my 70’s

And to me Panama is a tall skinny scrawny sativa

I had friends who worked on the gypsum boats in the 60’s

They said one scrawny joint had them all tripping for hours

That fat wld looking Panama
looks like a nice plant

I never count anything out

Maybe some year i will smoke that
And find out