What's new

Advantages of a SEALED room...

Andyo

Veteran
Seems like everybody says high seventies and into the eighties when using co2. I'm used to low seventies in my fresh air room . Don't know if co2 will be affective at those temps. Gonna try a run in low seventies and then high seventies while keeping humidity ideal for those temps in order to keep vpd good. Does anyone run low seventies in sealed co2 room with increased yields?

My first co2 test was pretty cold ,i was allready running 9 kw in 3 rooms.
I decided to build a cab to test ebb/flow and co2 only free space was on the upstairs landing.
I was not able to heat it ,the ebb/flow res temp was 68 c
Id say the 3 ft x 4ft x 6ft high cab ran about 72 lights on 68 lights off
I was slightly ventilated small scroll fan high up in corner sucking via 4" duct from ceramic lamp holder 400 w osram hps 100w sylvania 7.500 k MH .
inlet was holes in floor of cab.
i was supprised at Co2 effect even vented and low temps very dark green super short internodes ,yeild 530 g cuttings vegged 2 weeks 63 day flower,i know i went through brewers tanks every 7 days but it was worth it .A

Andyo

Veteran
co2 effect being drawn down into hydroton on the ebb cycle

co2 effect being drawn down into hydroton on the ebb cycle

My first co2 test was pretty cold ,i was allready running 9 kw in 3 rooms.
I decided to build a cab to test ebb/flow and co2 only free space was on the upstairs landing.
I was not able to heat it ,the ebb/flow res temp was 68 c
Id say the 3 ft x 4ft x 6ft high cab ran about 72 lights on 68 lights off
I was slightly ventilated small scroll fan high up in corner sucking via 4" duct from ceramic lamp holder 400 w osram hps 100w sylvania 7.500 k MH .
inlet was holes in floor of cab.
i was supprised at Co2 effect even vented and low temps very dark green super short internodes ,yeild 530 g cuttings vegged 2 weeks 63 day flower,i know i went through brewers tanks every 7 days but it was worth it .A

Running ebb/flow prior to C02 supplementation i allways had ph climb in hydroton. rez raw water was 0.0 ppm .No rise in rez ph noticed using Co2,in fact it dropped slightly once on flower cycle and using bloom nutes ,6.2 to 5.8 over 4 days

This was definatley Co2 acidifying effect.
Ive noticed this often since,A
It seemed to me looking at roots that c02 supplemented plants evolved more oxygen in lights on period.A

moses wellfleet

Veteran
It becomes the next limiting factor in photosynthesis as I recall. spurr has a huge CO2 ppm/temperature thread around here somewhere.

Bacon.

If you are shooting for increased yield, but my point was, peeps who believe higher temps affect quality can still enjoy the other advantages of the sealed environment. You could run lower temps and recreate atmospheric co2 to 450ppm.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Billy I use a 'greenhouse wet wall', which works on the same principle as an 'evaporative cooler'!

A Google search of those terms should give you the info you require to set one up!

Billy104

Thanks. Looking at the hydrofogger right now. I will check those out. The one grainger make looks good too. I will check out the wet wall

Z

zooty

I'm interested in sealed rooms. not very common in the UK though!

I have a few questions for the knowledgeable guys on here

How many watts will a 21,000btu air conditioner draw?.. I thought it was around 6000w but my growshop said they done tests and it apparently draws much less

Also in the event of not having somewhere to place the outdoor unit what can be done instead?

Z

zooty

On the air conditioner I want this is the claim that they make

''The 12,000 BTU has a maximum draw of 1000W, but once the room has reached the target temperature it then starts using less of the compressors capacity and reduces power consumption by up to 75% (drawing as little as 250W). The maximum current drawn seen so far from the 21000 BTU Bergdorf Optima at GroWell Wembely is 690W, with the average sitting between 390W and 495W.''

That's pretty impressive.. 690w from a 21000 btu

Billy104

Yes that is nice sounds like you are looking at a good one. I have a Mitsubishi mr. Slim 18000 btu. It acts the same way. The compressor has inverter technology and fan has ambient speed control. Very quite. It only runs as hard as it needs too. Mitsubishi is the best you can buy.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Running ebb/flow prior to C02 supplementation i allways had ph climb in hydroton. rez raw water was 0.0 ppm .No rise in rez ph noticed using Co2,in fact it dropped slightly once on flower cycle and using bloom nutes ,6.2 to 5.8 over 4 days

This was definatley Co2 acidifying effect.
Ive noticed this often since,A
It seemed to me looking at roots that c02 supplemented plants evolved more oxygen in lights on period.A

Well it makes sense if the plant is using more CO2 then it must give off more Oxygen , I guess?

Did you find the right a/c in the end?

Andyo

Veteran
yes

yes

Ive a mate here has LG 21,000 btu inverter AC cost 27,000 baht compressor is precharged allowing for 4 mtrs of pipe,i have gauge set and vac pump and pipe flare set
been playing with it .
I know itll run about half speed with 2 1000w and a 400w light.
Though ill have to manually set light of temps if i want them lower.
Not found a decent dehumidfier out here yet.A

Last edited:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Another point to consider for people who are worried about the power consumption of the a/c is that you can allow temps to rise as high as 29C, plants in an enriched environment need the higher temps to boost growth.

Andyo

Veteran
true but...

true but...

I ran cool 23 c to 25 c with higher c02 result was still high yeild but very close internodes and dark dark green

Also the mothers giving cuttings that rooted so easy 5 n 6 days

not arguing just think at that it suited me ,my observations