What's new

Advanced Nutrients

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
This product will make your plants ooze with resin and your resin glands will shine so
much that it will look like it's daytime at night. And that's only one thing it does. It will fatten up and add 90 % weight to your final harvest. It will also triple your density in your
fruits and other flowers that will be mistaken for softballs attached to a baseball bat. Then there's a picture of some person holding up a huuuuge colorfull bud on there back and they are wearing a helmet to show how you big, heavy, and dangerous it can make your buds :). Not that's an AD. Wouldn't you buy it if you like that sort of stuff

I'm such an idiot I know sorry. But it's true it's a lot to do with marketing techniques. But they do spend A ton of money on advertisment and graphics for there stuff to appeal to retail market and for people who are attracted to that. To each is own. Watever works for you. There is never gonna be a magical product that can turn a shitty grow into an amazing grow. If it's a crappy grow it's gonna be crappy regardless of what you put in. It's always going to be about complete perfect conditions to have a perfect crop. If u have everything dialed in you can great results using just guanos. Teas. Casting etc. Anyway. I guess that's
my
2 cents. Hope no one takes it the wrong way

mexicanweed

hi i was reading that iguana juice change his formula that was 15ml/L to 3.5ml/L
they did long time ago? all the bottles of ifuana now are this new formula??

sorry bad eng..

cateros

My only problem with AN is all the additives they make you think you need, just look at their recommended feeding schedule. The basic formula is supplemented with dozens of bizzare additives, many with little benefit to the grow if any all made to suck as much money possible out of sick patients trying to grow. Yeah I know that is how business works but I still don't like it, it's deceptive and preying on the uninformed.

Actually all those additive although they dont do a whole lot if you are say averaging .76g /watt when using the main nutes the additives are what makes it a little easier to reach the 1g/watt mark which can be achieved without them of course it just makes it a tad easier to do and frees up time from labour .Even if your costs end up at $40 per ounce to grow your own its still 4-5x cheaper then buying bud from a dispensary.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This product will make your plants ooze with resin and your resin glands will shine so
much that it will look like it's daytime at night. And that's only one thing it does. It will fatten up and add 90 % weight to your final harvest. It will also triple your density in your
fruits and other flowers that will be mistaken for softballs attached to a baseball bat. Then there's a picture of some person holding up a huuuuge colorfull bud on there back and they are wearing a helmet to show how you big, heavy, and dangerous it can make your buds :). Not that's an AD. Wouldn't you buy it if you like that sort of stuff

I'm such an idiot I know sorry. But it's true it's a lot to do with marketing techniques. But they do spend A ton of money on advertisment and graphics for there stuff to appeal to retail market and for people who are attracted to that. To each is own. Watever works for you. There is never gonna be a magical product that can turn a shitty grow into an amazing grow. If it's a crappy grow it's gonna be crappy regardless of what you put in. It's always going to be about complete perfect conditions to have a perfect crop. If u have everything dialed in you can great results using just guanos. Teas. Casting etc. Anyway. I guess that's
my
2 cents. Hope no one takes it the wrong way

I been thinking the same thing. Now the question is where to find a seagull/bat guano mix with an NPK ratio close to 8-5-10.

As my Botanicare PBP is low in P, I add guano 0-7-0 for early bloom. With 3-4 weeks left, I started using FF Big Bloom (a mix of sea & bat guano, among other tasty treats)

corky1968

Veteran
Last year, I bought some Voodoo Juice, Piranha and Tarantula.
Tarantula and piranha are powders that mix well with water. I
think voodoo juice is just both tarantula and piranha together
in liquid form. I prefer the powders, you can store them longer
I think. I used them outdoors and even used them at the 4th
week of flowering as a foliar spray. The stuff in them actually
protect your plants from botrytis, etc. Just spray it on a
cloudy or rainy day. It helps to keep the plants and soil
wet during an outdoor application so that it's absorb
into the soil. Dry conditions would lessen the effect.
So if you get rain for a few days, by all means use
it.

The nice thing about using it outdoors in a soil setting
is that if the soil if well taken care of those microbes, etc.
will be there waiting to help you with your next crop as well.
You should try to go organic when doing this.

Good Luck

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How is AN's NPK more valuable than any other companies NPK?

If ANs products are chelated and the others are not, then go for the chelated.

Same thing if you take supplements. Chelated is the most bio-available.

For conversation sake, lets say chelated is 30% more bio-available than non-chelated. Well, your plants should respond equally, meaning the upfront cost comes back in yield and quality.

Seems I am talking myself into AN, but other than Dutch Master, who has a line of nutes specifically for mj and hydro?

I will compare the cost of both (AN vs DM), but aero uses so little nutes (<2 second feed of 400-800ppm nutes every 9-10 minutes) that whatever additional cost is negligable- assuming you can afford the upfront cost.

Currently using FF Grow Big/Big Bloom, or Botanicare PBP B, toss in FulPower fulvic acid, and Him Sea Salt for trace minerals, and some Cal-Mg+. This is about 60% the cost of either AN or DM, and I am getting really good results. How much better are they? Hope to find out soon. It's part of the fun, right?

B

Bud Bug

Seems I am talking myself into AN, but other than Dutch Master, who has a line of nutes specifically for mj and hydro?

Just about every hydroponic food manufacturer out there. If people think that some extra chelated chemicals (at a hefty cost for the base food) will magically put you over the 2lb mark per light not accounting for system/veg/flower/lighting/strain thenyou got other issues to worry about.

Now if AN is SO cannabis specific how come their website doesn't contain any cannabis growing tips/charts/photos. Wow a company riding the "medical cannabis" gravy train yet they only reflect that when the general public won't see it.

KyndBud

What most people fail to realize is that the ratios on the "general" hydroponic fertilizer are completely backwards for growing the dankest cannabis. AN takes leaf tissue samples during all stages of growth to figure out which micro and macro nutrients are being used. They've found that you actually need double the potassium than phosphorus and nitrogen uptake actually INCREASES during flowering. For example, their iguana juice grow is a 3-1-3 and thier iguana bloom is 4-3-6. You'll see that the potassium is double the phosphorous and there is an increase in nitrogen. The ratios of all other ferts out there are shitty IMHO. I highly doubt any other nutrient companies are doing the extensive research that these guys are doing on cannabis. They have a huge greenhouse and indoor laboratory in Bulgaria where they can freely grow and test cannabis.

And yes, there is a huge difference in the NPK in the other ferts compared to AN. AN has a diverse list of different ingredients in which their NPK is derived. Sure I could use just mono potassium phosphate (your 0-50-30 bloom booster) and get some p and k out of it, but having 4 different ingredients that contribute to the NPK will give the plant a few more options of p and k to uptake.

I'd suggest an education in soil and nutrient science before saying that all nutrients are the same as long as the NPK is there. WRONG

Whatever though. I honestly hope that you NEVER use advanced nutrients, haters, because your much less of a competition to me using your "general" hydroponic nutrients for growing cucumbers and lettuce. Have a nice day :D

Peace
KB :joint:

B

Bud Bug

What most people fail to realize is that the ratios on the "general" hydroponic fertilizer are completely backwards for growing the dankest cannabis.

Really strange how almost everyone I know thats grown with GH/Canna did better or exactly the same with those then when they tried Sensi. Hmmm I wonder why?

I highly doubt any other nutrient companies are doing the extensive research that these guys are doing on cannabis. They have a huge greenhouse and indoor laboratory in Bulgaria where they can freely grow and test cannabis.

Yes Canna and Dutch master have never used weed to design their plant food. :rolleyes:

Oh and where on their web site does AN state they are for cannabis growing or any of the test they have done. Here's a direct link to their poroducts page http://www.advancednutrients.com/products.php I don't see any cannabis specific studies or statements or products that say they are for cannabis.

Whatever though. I honestly hope that you NEVER use advanced nutrients, haters, because your much less of a competition to me using your "general" hydroponic nutrients for growing cucumbers and lettuce. Have a nice day :D

I've grown with Conni, made 0 difference compared to GH/PBP/Hydro Fuel

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Only thing that I didn't like is. My carbo load powder straight crystalized completly into one big frickin clearish cryptonite n shit

has that ever happened to any of u. So if any of u use dry just make sure.

B

Bud Bug

LOL I got that stuff for free for several people ,everyone said it did shit like in ZERO difference then the regular feed schedule they follow. How strange because "everyone" would have the same strain of "kush" LOL. Where is it is listed again? http://www.advancednutrients.com/bloom_enhancers.php

Oh and its Kush not Cannabis Kush or Kush Cannabis. So much supporting cannabis only when its convenient just like their AN Medical site. That didn't last too long which is strange as aren't AN "cannabis" specific foods? Why woul they shut down their own "medical cannabis" website?

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Hey KB I mean not for nothing dude but by u talking smack about other companies. Doesn't that make you a hater as well. I use some AN stuff I have no complaints. But I use other stuff as well that's just as good. I don't favor any one company. I feel it's just all preference bottom line. If it works for you that's all thts important IMHO. Anyway peace peeps. No fighting words from me just to make sure

Sensibowl

Ah, more AN haters. Really? While I might be an Advanced Nutrients support, I'm not spouting off about how the other guys suck.

In fact, I'm quite honest in saying that the other nutrient companies don't suck. They're just not what I want for my plants. So, it's cool if others like them, and I'm not going to hate on them, but I am going to tell others when I have good results.

I mean, that's what these boards are for, right? To share experiences.

When folks are talking crap about AN, A. they probably haven't used it, B. they probably don't grow seriously enough to need that nute power, and C. they probably are nervous that AN is the one they should be using.

LOL.

I have to admit I'm beginning to have fun watching those who are whining about AN. And still, I'm not going to call out their nutes. Everyone just chill, offer up the advice you can share and leave the other crap to yourself.

It just makes people listen to you even less.

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Here here!! I got a small batch of AN but I'm not at the scale for the need so next time around I'm gonna go back to botanicare,AN works awesome but not for the few plants I have going mixing 5-8 dif things by the gallon not hundreds.also I don't have the PH/TDS meters to keep on top of nute strength so burn happens really easy with AN.

cultiv8

I don't get all the AN haters. Advanced Nutrients seems to polarize people more than any other nutes which means they're either a lot better or a lot worse than all the others.

And I've used Advanced Nutes so I know they're not worse. Every single great grow I've had has been on AN.

corky: the Voodoo Juice is definitely not just Piranha and Tarantula in liquid form. Read the descriptions, I don't know how to explain it better than that.

PetFlora: have you seen the pH Manifesto thing Advanced put out recently? If you google "pH manifesto" you can't miss it, they got a LOT of cool info in that thing.

Supposedly it's possible to chelate nutrients so well that they stay available from like 2.5 to 9 pH or something like that. That sounds crazy to me, but even if they just doubled the size of the normal growing range you can be in without locking out your nutes that would be pretty awesome, eh?

WildFire.ca

U SpamWhore, I bet you guys wish you could have a presence on the net like you used to when you guys had your own fourm. Way to fuk your core clients AN. CLC4LIFE

B

Bud Bug

PetFlora: have you seen the pH Manifesto thing Advanced put out recently? If you google "pH manifesto" you can't miss it, they got a LOT of cool info in that thing.

Yes they have a lot of rehashed stuff thats been printed in cannabis books/online forever. They just stamped their label on it and called it a manifesto. Again another form of advertising.

I'm still waiting.... to be show where all the cannabis studies/claims are on the main AN website. Considering 95%+ of their nutrients are sold to weed growers and AN claims their nutrients are designed for "medical" cannabis I don't see any of this on their site. Hmm could it be that stating directly on their official company website they design cannabis specific products would land them in jail for conspiracy... hmmm i think so.

I wonder if Big Mike will ever come back to Canada. Poor guy having to escape our great country. Nothing shyster about that, eh?

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
TO ALL THE AN HATERS, :moon::moon::moon:.

Day 45 of Flowering....

This is what AN has done for my harvest the last 3+ years. Too many people don't understand how to use their products/ don't know how to grow herb. Just because you buy the best nutes doesn't mean your gonna end up with a great harvest, you still need to know how to grow mj, and know what your plants wants at what times. The haters are more ignornant than anything. With the exception of some store owners who stock their stuff and had more business issues with AN than problems with the actual products.

LONG LIVE AN!!!!!!!!:):):)

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
I hear ya on that Ottoman,I have a decent little line up of AN and I having problems gettin it down,used pbp before it was easyer but I had to take the leap and try AN, maybe you could help me out a little? I picked up gro/micro/bloom,nirvana,bud blood,B-52,big bud,overdrive,bud candy and final phase I'm gonna be using them in RDWC next with ppm/ph meters and RO water.what ya think?

Latest posts

Latest posts