What's new

Advanced Nutrients, Love it or Hate it, State your claim!

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
HUH? Didn't really understand that.

Tohigh, I think you can buy some of their products in Oregon. You can choose to look at only the products available in Oregon, Illinois, and worldwide.

I was curious, so I did the math, what it would actually cost to run AN and the more common additives, in a 55 gallon res, changing the res once a week as they suggest, overkill if you ask me.

The prices are below retail, got them off a decent online grow shop, and the amounts are right off the old AN feed chart, on moderate light feeding.

Connoisseur, 2800ml of each A and B, B-52 3300ml, Big Bud 324grams, Overdrive 900ml, voodoo juice 1200ml

So lets call it 4 liters of coni, 4 liters B-52, liter of doodoo juice, liter of OD, and 500 grams of big bud. 170 for the coni, 115 for b-52, 100 for the doodoo, 90 for big bud, 35 for OD. Around 505 dollars for one run, ouch, and thats only 4 of their additives, they make around 13.

I spent 220 on 6 gallon jugs of gh, and a gallon of pure flowers for 70 dollars, still going after 6 runs, thats some easy math right there.

What I meant was they can't put too many more things in there trace minerals ,etc there is only so much you can put in to the nutes... lol.. then they start talking ancient rock beds lol lol . peace out Headband707

Clack, not sure what your getting at, pretty sure you already know this, but bud candy supposedly also has sugars, carbs, and amino acids in it. The sugar and fruit extracts, or fruit juice, whatever they use is supposed to make it a sweetener.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Clack, not sure what your getting at, pretty sure you already know this, but bud candy supposedly also has sugars, carbs, and amino acids in it. The sugar and fruit extracts, or fruit juice, whatever they use is supposed to make it a sweetener.
Metalhead419

Here's the label that was filed under Oregon Department of Agriculture by Advanced Nutrients, IOW this is their analysis as required in this state..

Since the initial filing with the WSDA, the formula is now 0.5% soluble magnesium derived from Magnesium Sulphate. No mention of sugars, amino acids, etc. on their label.

Interesting to say the least.

CC

old label

Attachments

• b candy 005.jpg
    b candy 005.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 18

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
I could be wrong, but No AN product is registered in OR due to imProper labling, and not mentioning certain non foods...
toohighmf

It could be that our inspectors are very strict. I caught up with a couple of them inspecting a grow store in Portland a few weeks back.

An interesting team to be sure. The "People's Republic of Oregon" and all.

CC

Sadhu1.JPG

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
toohighmf

It could be that our inspectors are very strict. I caught up with a couple of them inspecting a grow store in Portland a few weeks back.

An interesting team to be sure. The "People's Republic of Oregon" and all.

CC

yes, they have to do that for Oregon and California. AN uses products that are not allowed in these states, therefore they dont list the ingredients, its good for the grower......

many, many companies do this to get around whatever they cant sell here, you just have to know which products :chin:

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
KB

I happened to be in one of the larger stores in Portland a few weeks back and some inspectors from ODA were in there and by the time that they left the entire line of the GH organic line (whatever it's called) was yanked, Home & Garden's seaweed product (can't recall the name) and 5 or 6 products from Botanicare and a hit here and a hit there.

It brought a real tear to my eye I'll tell ya! I asked the clerk for a hankie actually.

CC

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
We know why you needed a hankie CC :D :D :D You get the high hard one off seeing hydro companies take it in the keister :D

The ODA really makes these discoveries at the hydro shop?

Smiley

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
The ODA really makes these discoveries at the hydro shop?

Smiley
GS

They sure do. And it's going to get worse for a couple of reasons. One is practical and the other is philosophical.

On the practical side is the fact that given the budget problems down in Salem, agencies are stepping up enforcement in a number of areas as a way to generate lost revenues from the general fund - most unrelated to agriculture/horticulture. As an example is the increased monitoring of speeders on the I-5 corridor between Portland and Salem.

They also have tasted blood with the delisting of some old standard products like SuperThrive. Most at ODA took a position of 'benign neglect' as it relates to this product - I mean the old man that invented it is in his 90's but a few people, myself included, petitioned the ODA to enforce the EPA's edict on NAA which is fine to include in your product you just have to declare it.

On the philosophical side of things is the position that I and others have taken is that the law should be applied equally. If I go to Concentrates and purchase organic products, I'm afforded the certification if I ask for it. Same on conventional/non-organic amendments.

Where I come down is that the law should cover the grow store operations, i.e. pony up to the bar and play on an even field.

Check out "Everybody's Garden Center" over on SE 12th to see what happens to companies that decide to play fast and loose with the regulatory agencies. Not a pretty story for one of the very first manufacturers of hydroponic equipment going back to 1983.

Same with American Agriculture over on SE Stark - look at their product selection vs. Rome's operation over in Milwaukie. American Agriculture (nee Halide of Oregon) was one of the first 3 grow stores in the USA - they're struggling.

CC

toohighmf

Veteran
IT'S getting worse because NGW & Hydrofarm whored out and gave almost everyone accounts who wanted to open a store. In one area of socal I pass 10 hydroshops in 15 minutes. Every store is smaller than 800sq' has less than $30k stocked and just take orders for a discount. There is 2 stores in the whole area you get almost everything off the shelf.
When I had an 800sq' storefront, I had a 4000' warehouse. My storefront had $100k of ferts and another 70k in lighting, 30k in systems, trays, pumps, fans, chillers, media, reflective etc. If I didn't have it in the store, I had it up the street.
Now as a rep, the big shops that stock everything are failing because of these micro shops out to turn a quick buck... Remember when it seemed like everyone was back oredered on everything 2 years ago? NGW couldn't hold enough stock for all their retailers!!!!

B

Bud Bug

Metalhead419

Here's the label that was filed under Oregon Department of Agriculture by Advanced Nutrients, IOW this is their analysis as required in this state..

Thats a 4L and 10L bottle label or an old one. The 1L bottles have the full ingredient listing.

B

Bud Bug

IT'S getting worse because NGW & Hydrofarm whored out and gave almost everyone accounts who wanted to open a store.

Strange seeing the same things done all over again but across the border. Could be worse, the wholesalers could be selling directly to the public or at full discount to anyone with a sort of business license. Some still do as I know a few big guys still buying Hortilux bulbs from one of the wholesalers.

In one area of socal I pass 10 hydroshops in 15 minutes. Every store is smaller than 800sq' has less than $30k stocked and just take orders for a discount. There is 2 stores in the whole area you get almost everything off the shelf.
When I had an 800sq' storefront, I had a 4000' warehouse. My storefront had $100k of ferts and another 70k in lighting, 30k in systems, trays, pumps, fans, chillers, media, reflective etc. If I didn't have it in the store, I had it up the street.

This was the same thing in Vancouver area. Tons of small Nammer stores selling shit at %10 over cost with no receipts. Hmm I wonder why? Supply for your own grows and laundering money.

Where are those stores now though? They will be around when the market is booming but if it stops like it did with the 48/24 hydro inspections they all went belly up. The small ones that survived where the more legitimate ones that still sold equipment cheap but enough profit to make money.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
IT'S getting worse because NGW & Hydrofarm whored out and gave almost everyone accounts who wanted to open a store. In one area of socal I pass 10 hydroshops in 15 minutes. Every store is smaller than 800sq' has less than $30k stocked and just take orders for a discount. There is 2 stores in the whole area you get almost everything off the shelf.
Now as a rep, the big shops that stock everything are failing because of these micro shops out to turn a quick buck... Remember when it seemed like everyone was back oredered on everything 2 years ago? NGW couldn't hold enough stock for all their retailers!!!!
toohighmf

There's a rumor floating around that the owner of Botanicare and the owner(s) of NGW have both a personal as well as a fiduciary one.

What I can say is that in the last year or so, the mega-stores supplied by NGW have vastly reduced their inventory of AN and now the shelves are flush with Botainicare's line of magical elixirs.

Weird.

CC

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Thats a 4L and 10L bottle label or an old one. The 1L bottles have the full ingredient listing.
Bud Bug

I can only speak about AN's products as stocked in Oregon. There is no listing of amino acids, enzymes or anything else other than what I posted which is a label from AN - not from ODA. If you take a look at the URL you'll note that it's a label for Oregon specifically and not for other states.

Do they have different mixes for states which have strict labeling laws? Hard to say given their smoke & mirrors on any subject/topic.

BTW - are they based in B.C. or Woodland, Washington or Brandenburg, Kentucky?

Weird operation to say the least.

CC

B

Bud Bug

Bud Bug

I can only speak about AN's products as stocked in Oregon. There is no listing of amino acids, enzymes or anything else other than what I posted which is a label from AN - not from ODA. If you take a look at the URL you'll note that it's a label for Oregon specifically and not for other states.

Do they have different mixes for states which have strict labeling laws? Hard to say given their smoke & mirrors on any subject/topic.

BTW - are they based in B.C. or Woodland, Washington or Brandenburg, Kentucky?

Weird operation to say the least.

CC

My buddy's 4L bottle has the label you linked to and his 1L bottle has the other one listing the full ingredients. The 1L is pretty new and the 4L bottle hes had since BC came out.

Originally they were from BC, Abbotsford I think and thats where the Canadian division is based but seem after Big Mikes run for the border the head operations where moved to the US but who knows.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
KB

I happened to be in one of the larger stores in Portland a few weeks back and some inspectors from ODA were in there and by the time that they left the entire line of the GH organic line (whatever it's called) was yanked, Home & Garden's seaweed product (can't recall the name) and 5 or 6 products from Botanicare and a hit here and a hit there.

It brought a real tear to my eye I'll tell ya! I asked the clerk for a hankie actually.

CC

i heard that gh had something in there organic line, they dont say what it is, but those inspectors knew im sure....

the seaweed has something in it that cant be sold here in cali, they just recently changed there label to take the ingredient off of it, the secret is still in there, love the stuff....

botanicare's owner is a crazy mofo! partied HARD with that kat....he dosent like to pay for the omri's, certificates and inspections of his product. if there is an ingredient that is in there that he cant sell anymore, he renames it and takes the ingredient off the label, aquashield.......