What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advanced Nutrients, Love it or Hate it, State your claim!

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Lets just say things aren't always as they seem lol.. If I was trying to sell myself or a product I might throw a bunch of shit out there that just wasn't TRUE!!! LOL LOL You think that happens in the market place ?? You bet your best bud it does..The average man can't prove of most of the things he speaks of.. lol peace out Headband707

toohighmf

Veteran
KB I'm sure. It's not Ed the grower though, it's the famous book writer, and famous collumnist. For all we know AN pulled out because they had to get fat mike off the hook for his ridiculous stunts. I remember every time they needed some fast cash they had a fire sale 20% off!!!

LOL LOL LOL NO NO NO

I won't get into it but your WAY off here lol lol... things are not always as they seem boys and the ppl with the big names are also not always as they seem either lol.. Don't get sucked in by big names etc. Just stick with the facts What works and foget all the other shit it's all just a BUNCH OF BULLSHIT!! just play with your plant and all should be well.. peace out Headband707:tiphat:

Why not get into it, you haven't offered much else in this thread, just a bunch of bs. Your one of those know it all types huh?

Damn that video was good, the best part, Fuck.....advanced nutrients

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Why not get into it, you haven't offered much else in this thread, just a bunch of bs. Your one of those know it all types huh?

Damn that video was good, the best part, Fuck.....advanced nutrients

Owch I think I will take my bunny slippers and smoke one lol lol.. :comfort:

BudZad7

ADvanced Nutes!!

ADvanced Nutes!!

:tiphat: Hi All!!! Very good opinions from all!! The supplements work very well ie: Carboload powder, Voodoo Juice, Sensizym, Final Phase, &
Big Bud powder, Overdrive, and Bud Blood...these all are Super!!:jump:

Thumbs down for AN. Overpriced, overhyped. They are good at marketing to suckers, though. I'll give 'em that. Love how they are able to successfully push their extensive product line of silly supplements. One could do more with less. K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple, stupid) Read up on plant bio instead of outrageous marketing claims.

But, original Big Bud was good, I admit.

pokergod

Thumbs down for AN. Overpriced, overhyped. They are good at marketing to suckers, though. I'll give 'em that. Love how they are able to successfully push their extensive product line of silly supplements. One could do more with less. K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple, stupid) Read up on plant bio instead of outrageous marketing claims.

But, original Big Bud was good, I admit.

I agree with you about the KISS, they sure do rope in the novices with the 2+ claim, I doubt anyone novice could dial in that many additives, that said they do have some real nice ones. I don't mind their marketing, however if they start saying things that they can't back up, then its going to backfire on them and hurt their market share. You do need marketing if you want to sell your products, look at some of the seed companies, always creating more strains trying to capture more market share, same with advanced, more new supplements, trying to capture the hobbyist's dollars. Every week there are several threads on advice on the best nutes from novices, in the end they should be focusing on learning to meet the plant's needs, through reading and identifying deficiencies, I guess this only comes with experience. A master grower with miracle grow will probably out produce a novice with all of ANs line, and I'm not bashing AN, I'm just saying that you can't beat experience.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Well they are just going to have to give me some free Budfactor X and I will do a double blind and we will see for ourselves lol peace out Headband707

AN & ED

AN & ED

KB I'm sure. It's not Ed the grower though, it's the famous book writer, and famous collumnist. For all we know AN pulled out because they had to get fat mike off the hook for his ridiculous stunts. I remember every time they needed some fast cash they had a fire sale 20% off!!!

My money says it was Ed that pulled out... probably because AN wasn't going to share a large enough cut of the action. But Ed's not any better than AN, IMO. At last year's SF show he was hawking endorsements in his new book... for a price. Exhibitor after exhibitor were approached by Ed and told that for a "fee" of $500 to $5000, he would endorse their product(s) in the book. Not money for an ad... money for a direct endorsement in the book by Ed... as if he really had used the product, when he knew full well he hadn't. In his early days, the rumors were that Ed never grew, he'd just visit and write about other peoples gardens...

toohighmf

Veteran
Oh yeah hence my first post about what may have happened. All I know is there was to be an ER signature line and poof.. Gone. HI I'm sure they weren't offering Ed enough. I really kinda joking about bailin out fatso, or that AN was changing it's position on Mj specific nutes. Though they did. Shut down the med forums one day and the next thing you know, the famous AN tradeshow parties turned to Tony Robbins Seminars. Going "straight" wasn't working out, legalization is on the brink, and that means being the first associated w cannabiz.. Whatever

pokergod

They are leaders in Research and Development, that is why their formulas are constantly changing, because they have improvements. With all their R&D, they force the other nutrient companies to invest in R&D, in the end, the hobbyist benefits, with all the advancements, doesn't matter which nute company you buy from. However, it costs big buck$, which is passed on to the consumer.

Y

YosemiteSam

I am curious how reducing the strength of nutes is an "improvement". Seems to me their scientists are marketing scientists period.

Krunch...it is not the Peters Pro Hydro but here is a site where you can buy Scotts Pro Hydro...http://jrpeterslab.com/

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
They are leaders in Research and Development, that is why their formulas are constantly changing, because they have improvements.
Says who? Them? They make a lot of claims, do you take all their claims as 100% truth?

They claim R&D, but If most plants take 3-4 months from clone to harvest (at the very least 3 crops a year), why would they need to reformulate twice in five years? How could they grow out the same crop for 2 years, developing a killer formula, send it to market, and then they needed to readjust again? What a joke.

Answer: Their R&D = using customers as guinea pigs. And their $ is spent on confusing consumers, flashy adverts, and TV exposure.

If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, i wouldnt expect a glass of milk and a steak for dinner.

-

Last edited:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Has anyone on this thread done a double blind with their new shit or is everyone on this thread just talking shit LOL ??PEACE out Headband707

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Has anyone on this thread done a double blind with their new shit or is everyone on this thread just talking shit LOL ??PEACE out Headband707

everyone is just talking shit.....

if you guys think that advanced is expensive, look at the new bloom yellow bottle line up. my calculations were coming close to $1500 for a full run plus you would still need to buy more bottles of certain aminos when you run out, cost could be as high as $1500-$1800 per run with a 100 gallon res..

S

Surfr

everyone is just talking shit.....

if you guys think that advanced is expensive, look at the new bloom yellow bottle line up. my calculations were coming close to $1500 for a full run plus you would still need to buy more bottles of certain aminos when you run out, cost could be as high as $1500-$1800 per run with a 100 gallon res..

Yup.. If you guys actually research some other brands prices, you would notice that it really does not coast all that much to run AN nutes..

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
ppl ppl ppl we all agree that light and the set up is the way to go .. from this there is no doubt ..but if I was rich and had endless money to spend would I try this shit?? probably.. lol.. Do I think they are full of shit ,,OH YEAH.. It's always the grower and what he knows and what he does..But a good fertilizer always helps when used at the right time we all know this aswell ,don't have to be a rocket scientist to know this crap.. I think it would be nice to line them all up (all popular nutes)with just one bud. and see Urban Gardener does this with surprising results.. Find out who really comes out ontop and if they really are worth the money they ask lol..peace out Headband707

Latest posts

Latest posts