What's new

Ace Malawi and Cycloptics Greenbeams: caught in the Under Current!

timmur

Good stuff. I think your approach to feeding these plants are paying off. When it comes to fertilizer, more is not better, and from what I read, Malawi is not a heavy feeder to begin with. You acclimated them like a pro, paying attention to the deficiencies early on, and making quick adjustments. Bravo! Only question now is can you be like Tarzan and tame that jungle? Oh, and can you get a shoot of the back row? Just curious what they look like.

Thanks iBogart. Getting the nutes dialed in with Veg & Bloom just wasn't working and I'm not sure why. The Current Solutions line seems to be working very well. I didn't get a chance to take a shot of the back before lights out, but here's the shot from the front. I've supercropped them and pruned, but you can't really even tell. I think the jungle is kicking my ass! :biggrin:

picture.php

View image in gallery

bwoyrude

Veteran
keep it green bro, good looking malawis
but im afraid that cmh lamps will not break through the entire height of these ladies , very weak light stream in comparison to HPS.
Working height of 400w light stream ~ 40-50 cm.
Are you doing measurements ppfd ?

2scoot

but im afraid that cmh lamps will not break through the entire height of these ladies , very weak light stream in comparison to HPS.

I'm gonna throw the flag on that one. I just finished a 10' indoor Malawi that went for 18 weeks. It was flowered the entire time under a 315w CMH - I can assure you penetration is not an issue with the GB's.
And it yielded well over 10 zips :biggrin:

timmur

Gonna have to do some serious pruning! PPFD is about 1,000 at the top and about 350 at the height of the buckets.

timmur

I'm gonna throw the flag on that one. I just finished a 10' indoor Malawi that went for 18 weeks. It was flowered the entire time under a 315w CMH - I can assure you penetration is not an issue with the GB's.
And it yielded well over 10 zips :biggrin:

Nice! Did you post up a log?

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks iBogart. Getting the nutes dialed in with Veg & Bloom just wasn't working and I'm not sure why. The Current Solutions line seems to be working very well. I didn't get a chance to take a shot of the back before lights out, but here's the shot from the front. I've supercropped them and pruned, but you can't really even tell. I think the jungle is kicking my ass! :biggrin:

Some nice phenos in that front row I love the natural looking light its like they are outside. Thats going to be a canna factory in no time.
Tangwena

timmur

Some nice phenos in that front row I love the natural looking light its like they are outside. Thats going to be a canna factory in no time.
Tangwena

I've got one in the back that is exactly like that pheno in the front center. I'm hoping the yield is good cause I want to put some up cob style! :biggrin:

You're using CMH as well aren't you? I love those Greenbeams. Nice uniform light everywhere.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey, timmur
i notice in that last pic the blue round light looking thing.... what is that? some kind of LED or UV or something? sorry if you already explained it... but i gotta know :D

plants are looking great; can't wait to see the whole room blow up with nugs
:good:

2scoot

Nice! Did you post up a log?

timmur - no log, sorry. Some day when I retire I hope to have the time to do such a thing. Time is something I'm in short supply of.
What I can say is that I had 4-6 plants under one 315 CMH and both quantity and quality was not and issue..... Here is a pic of my 18 weeker after the harvest - this is just the top 4 foot.

timmur

hey, timmur
i notice in that last pic the blue round light looking thing.... what is that? some kind of LED or UV or something? sorry if you already explained it... but i gotta know :D

plants are looking great; can't wait to see the whole room blow up with nugs
:good:

That's a blue led (440 nm) that I'm using 1/2 hour before regular lights on to open the stomata and prepare the plants for gas exchange. Also I wanted extra blue spectrum to minimize stretch. :)

Tangwena

Veteran
That's a blue led (440 nm) that I'm using 1/2 hour before regular lights on to open the stomata and prepare the plants for gas exchange. Also I wanted extra blue spectrum to minimize stretch. :)
Hi man great grow there, I couldn't help noticing the plants in the photo in the middle row under the blue leds seem to be bigger. Is this true or is it just that plant.
Tangwena

timmur

Hi man great grow there, I couldn't help noticing the plants in the photo in the middle row under the blue leds seem to be bigger. Is this true or is it just that plant.
Tangwena

Hey Tang! I think it's just a coincidence. That one in the front middle has been a beast forever. One of the most vigorous and seemed to ignore most of the nutrient deficiencies I threw at them! The one in the back on the left is the same way. Super growth, longer internodes, and very resilient.

Thanks for the kind words! My grow has felt like a failure for most of it until now, lol. Your grows are an inspiration to me. I always love checking out yours and holeshot's grow logs! :tiphat:

Tangwena

Veteran
Ha Ha Kinda getting out of control you will have a nice hedge when you open the door soon. But the colas will be monsters, are you ready for this beast your going to unleash, your going to be so happy with all that bud to play with.
Cut your hours fast bro.
Awesome I love it, high as a kite on some cousins of your Malawi, Golden tiger I love this stuff man.
Tangwena

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
..and JUST a week ago..he was complaining about some nutrient issue lol.....TRIM THAT JUNGLE LMAO

Tangwena

Veteran
Well thats what happens when you get it right, and they have only just found their legs.
Scares the hell out of me just looking at it ha ha. Your going to need balls of steel my friend.
Tangwena

Latest posts

Latest posts