What's new

Ace Malawi and Cycloptics Greenbeams: caught in the Under Current!

timmur

Looking good mate but thats not stacking yet, thats only just the beginning if you look back in 12 to 14 weeks time you will see those are only the pre flowers. Your going to get some serious poundage from those ladies he he.
Tangwena

Ha ha, yeah not really stacking yet, but I was happy to hit this stage. I'm getting nervous about how these are going to really stack in the last few weeks! And when I say nervous, I mean super happy, lol! :biggrin:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I forget n didnt want to dig thru the thread, these are the 3100 or 4200 lights? That node space looks dumbass nice for some malawis!

edit: nevermind, I it was on the first page. lol! 4200s. Thats wuts up.

ro13ert422

Wow man just finished reading through your whole thread I can't wait to see those monsters once they start to really stack, what was your estimated goal of poundage wise after adding the extra Gb's

timmur

Wow man just finished reading through your whole thread I can't wait to see those monsters once they start to really stack, what was your estimated goal of poundage wise after adding the extra Gb's

You've got stamina, lol! I was hoping for about 3/4 lb per plant originally. I really have no idea if that is a reasonable goal for a noob on a maiden run like this. I'm guessing not, but it's good to aim high! :biggrin: If I do hit high yield numbers it will probably include a bunch of larf and small bud as I haven't kept them pruned back well enough. All part of the learning curve.

I may not hit those kind of numbers this time, but I'm selecting the "killer frost" of the bunch and am going to run it again and fix my mistakes from this run.

Thanks for stopping by!

timmur

I forget n didnt want to dig thru the thread, these are the 3100 or 4200 lights? That node space looks dumbass nice for some malawis!

edit: nevermind, I it was on the first page. lol! 4200s. Thats wuts up.

Yep 4200s. And the blue LEDs that I start 1/2 hour before the GBs and leave on all day. I still believe they are the better of the two spectrums, but I doubt anyone else sees it that way. They look like they come closer to natural sunlight. I prolly get the 3100s and run them in flower some time to see how they do compared to 4200s.

I'm pretty sure that the overall PPFD delivered keeps the nodes tighter as well.

rykus

I would second the recommendations of a light cal/mg foliar, looks like a light tip burn so your nutrient strength is on point, but the leaves look like they're expressing a slight micro deficiency... Might be an imbalance of potassium or phosphorus causing a binding, but easiest fastest cure would be build it up in the leaves before heaven flower set.

Not as many indoor growers use it but many outdoor guys swear that foliaring micronized calcium and micros will raise the EC or brix of the plant preventing moulds from being able to grow....

Looks great though! Stoked to see those flower out!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Golden, thanks for keeping an eye out! I like the idea of using a weight or anchoring. I'm thinking that the stretch is about over so I may not do much more to even up the canopy. I should've evened things up a long time ago, but with all of the nute issues I just didn't want to mess with them. As long as they don't go into the lights, I'm not going to worry about it too much now. Here's some closer shots of how they look today. They are starting to show decent flower development.

For anyone who has grown malawi, how long does it typically take to see this kind of development after the flip? It's been 16 days since the flip.

Excellent timmur :)

I'm glad to know you fixed the nutrient problems ;)
The Malawis look very healthy now in early flowering, they are already defining budsites so hopefully the stretching won't last
too much and is still under control.

Yes, there a bit of tip burn, try to lower down the N a bit and feed them with a good micronutrient fertilizer until the problem is no longer showing up, be careful also with heat peaks close the lamps.

Wishing you a fruitful flowering without any further problem.

timmur

Excellent timmur :)

I'm glad to know you fixed the nutrient problems ;)
The Malawis look very healthy now in early flowering, they are already defining budsites so hopefully the stretching won't last
too much and is still under control.

Yes, there a bit of tip burn, try to lower down the N a bit and feed them with a good micronutrient fertilizer until the problem is no longer showing up, be careful also with heat peaks close the lamps.

Wishing you a fruitful flowering without any further problem.

Hey dubi thanks for stopping by! :) Things are moving along fairly well. The girls are getting heavy and I didn't get the cages in during late veg like I should have so supporting them is an issue. I guess that is a good problem to have!

Good looking plants!
Im growing Malawi right now too, 3 weeks into flowering.
Ive heard lots of people letting their malawi flower for like 20+ weeks?? Why if its ready in 12?
Good luck!

Old Toker

SH....my Malawi is also just over 3 weeks into flowering and I'm growing outdoors. Avg frost date here is Nov 20 something. In my case the weather will probably determine the harvest date. Hoping for a later frost date because I doubt my Malawi will be ready in 12 weeks. Good luck with your grow!

timmur

Tiiiiiiiiiimmmuuuuuuur
wasup?
hope all is well with you
i'm on the edge of my seat

Well bro I've had several problems that forced me to harvest a bit early. I failed to prune the roots and so the return lines and manifold clogged with roots. I ran the system that way as long as I could. I also had an issue with branches collapsing and plants tipping because I let them veg so long and didn't get the cages up. Bottom line is I fucked shit up!

With that said, I've trimming all weekend and I think I found a keeper. Malawi #5 was stickiest and the most fuel smell ever. That plant probably had one cola that will probably weigh in at over 4-5 ounces dry. I don't have time to post up pics, but I'll try to post up ASAP. I'm so sick that I had to harvest early. They should've gone another week or two with some of them. Malawi #5 was about the only one really ready. I'm planning on reloading with #5 for a nice mono crop run. I really screwed this run up, but I've learned a ton and am confident the next run will be killer. I can't venture a guess on yield, but if they were all like #5 the yield would be sick!

picture.php

View image in gallery

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hope u kept a clone of the #5; glad everything went well, all things considered

sounds kinda like the main downfall was over-vegging and lack of proper support; i can relate, just (over)vegged (10 weeks total) and bloom is kinda flopsy because i didn't add a THIRD layer of trellis net....

best of luck with the next round (hope there is a next, should be good with winter coming up); great thread.

timmur

hope u kept a clone of the #5; glad everything went well, all things considered

sounds kinda like the main downfall was over-vegging and lack of proper support; i can relate, just (over)vegged (10 weeks total) and bloom is kinda flopsy because i didn't add a THIRD layer of trellis net....

best of luck with the next round (hope there is a next, should be good with winter coming up); great thread.

Yep kept a clone! Thanks! :tiphat:

Hogni

Hi Timmur,

first of all thx for your great thread!
A lot of worthful theoretical researches you are sharing with us all over the forum and so its very interesting to see your room with equipment of choice running.

For the next year I'm thinking about a new, more professionell room for myself especially cause of heat problems in summer and winter. Closed, climated with all important measurements with the opticlimate and Dimlux expert 630w Dual Full Spectrum on LightRails with Maxi controller. Alternatively there could be the Dimlux Expert 1000W DE EL UHF. Would like to prefer the 630s but up to now there are to less grow reports regarding to the 315/630s on ICM so I'm a little bit on the fence. Hope to read more the next weeks.

Waiting for your Malawi smoke report!

Next run dont be so overcauscious! ;-)

I believe "Main-Lining" could be a good way for your little Malawi#5 Ladies with their structure and your room architecture?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
timmur, i asked earlier in the thread about your supplemental lighting (LED's and the deep blue UV).... mind expanding on those a lil bit, what they are and how you use them?

thanks! great thread

timmur

timmur, i asked earlier in the thread about your supplemental lighting (LED's and the deep blue UV).... mind expanding on those a lil bit, what they are and how you use them?

thanks! great thread

Hey Avinash sorry if I missed your question earlier! The blue LEDs are from Grow Light Source. They are 440-450 nm and keep the internode spacing tighter and they can be used about 1/2 hour before lights on to force the stomata to open in preparation for gas exchange. By the time the main lights are on and the CO2 is bumping, photosynthesis should be in full swing. I figured with stretchy sativas that keeping the nodes tighter made sense and quicker gas exchange also sounded like a great deal too. I turned the blue lights on 1/2 hour before main lights and kept them on the entire photoperiod.

The mega rays were not used due to excess heat. I was hoping for more THC production from them, but they are incredibly hot so I didn't run them. I'm planning on using them on the next run.

I used a far-red LED for 15 minutes at lights out during flower to shorten the flower cycle. I believe it it really works. The girls went into pre-flower right away and the plants seemed to develop faster than the stated times listed by Ace. The far-red light is also from Grow Light Source. Covers a 16 x 16 area and consumes 20 watts. I will never grow without it.