What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace gear and all

gorilla ganja

Removing leaves can help to control height if done properly. Especially in early growth stages. But your plant's look great so keep doing what your doing.

Peace GG

deepwaterdude

Whew, sir orfeas, she's a thai beaut! I didn't look at the strain and I could easily scroll up, but it looks like you got one on the extreme edge of the spectrum, very nice! Looks very much like my purple thai GT, maybe even thinner leaves than mine in veg. What a babe!

AS for waters, similar here; mountain snowmelt running into the Rio Grande, ball-shriveling cold, whereas 95 air temps;) I've been often to the heel of Italy, and on the Greek side those waters will clean your silverware they're so full of minerals. Can't hardly even dive with the salt content. Lucky dude you are!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Tah, mate!

P.S. dubi, what have you to say about the pheno?

It's a VERY Hmong/Meao Thai influenced pheno ;) It will be a late flowering plant, not very high yielding, feed her softly/moderately, she should provide an all in the head super electric effect.

Have a great start of summer! :tiphat:

orfeas

Veteran
Removing leaves can help to control height if done properly. Especially in early growth stages. But your plant's look great so keep doing what your doing.

Peace GG

Thank you GG! I always remove lower fan leaves and small branches since they willl never get enough sunlight...

Whew, sir orfeas, she's a thai beaut! I didn't look at the strain and I could easily scroll up, but it looks like you got one on the extreme edge of the spectrum, very nice! Looks very much like my purple thai GT, maybe even thinner leaves than mine in veg. What a babe!

AS for waters, similar here; mountain snowmelt running into the Rio Grande, ball-shriveling cold, whereas 95 air temps;) I've been often to the heel of Italy, and on the Greek side those waters will clean your silverware they're so full of minerals. Can't hardly even dive with the salt content. Lucky dude you are!

She's my fav among the litter, simply outstanding...not a usual pheno to encounter...yet finishing properly entails so much doubt since late fall can be catastrophal...

You're damn right about them waters, I realise it whenever I dive with open eyes and they get fire red as if I smoked a huge spliff :biggrin: As for them temps, I once got such an intense revitalising feeling when I sat in a mountain river pond, ball-shriveling cold :biggrin:
Aye, I do feel blessed to have been born and live in this part of the world...this particular niche has been perpetually inhabited since Iron Age...

It's a VERY Hmong/Meao Thai influenced pheno ;) It will be a late flowering plant, not very high yielding, feed her softly/moderately, she should provide an all in the head super electric effect.

Have a great start of summer!

Thank you for the input! Funny thing is I sprouted the bean out of sheer curiosity to see what them S1 seeds can produce and was planning to cull the seedling once I saw the outcome ... Now, how could anyone discard this beauty...not me, although I know she's big trouble alright...

:tiphat:Orfeas

orfeas

Veteran
FIM!

FIM!

Well, the title usually refers to clipping off tops but alas not in my case :wallbash:
I'd mixed me own soil the way I've always done before I repotted JDL x KC. As I was filling the 35lt pot I got the impression that the perlite was somewhat too much and I decided to amend the mix...
I had this brilliantly imbecile idea to add a balanced granular 15-15-15 fertiliser having forgotten adding a couple of handfuls when initially mixing the batch...moroon me!
Now I am too embarassed to upload the pics I've taken...not that they would blemish my otherwise meagre growing reputation...it's just hurting to see the lovely lady in that kind of state...

To lighten the situation a bit, here are two veggie pics, the first depicting the infamous cucumbers I've been growing for our beloved north European creditors and the second one my favourite Cherokee Purple for me folks and friends...I don't owe them :biggrin:

Off now for a dive... :)

Attachments

• P1090876.jpg
    P1090876.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 8
  • P1090877.jpg
    P1090877.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 16
  • P1090874.jpg
    P1090874.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 7

baduy

Ouch! sorry to hear that, happens to me all the time, those are joys the ones who use readymade mixes will never have the luck to experience. I assume you repotted her with a lighter mix and she will be ok again in a week.
Earlier on you talked about how you planned to fight against mold and mentioned Rosemary, nettle and horsegrass teas. This leaves me puzzled, could you please explain? Are you sure about rosemary, I never heard about that? And by horsegrass did you mean horsetail? I do use horsetail as prevention against mold but I don't even know what horsegrass is. Nettle I use for growth and stop using it late August never thought it was of some use against mold.

orfeas

Veteran
Ouch! sorry to hear that, happens to me all the time, those are joys the ones who use readymade mixes will never have the luck to experience. I assume you repotted her with a lighter mix and she will be ok again in a week.
Earlier on you talked about how you planned to fight against mold and mentioned Rosemary, nettle and horsegrass teas. This leaves me puzzled, could you please explain? Are you sure about rosemary, I never heard about that? And by horsegrass did you mean horsetail? I do use horsetail as prevention against mold but I don't even know what horsegrass is. Nettle I use for growth and stop using it late August never thought it was of some use against mold.

Good day, baduy!

thank you for taking the time to read my older posts and thus giving me the chance to be more explicit about them aforementioned herbs...horsegrass was a slip of mind or typing fingers :biggrin: and that's the only one fighting mould. Rosemary is used as a pest repellent and since Salicylic acid is present in the tea then together with nettle that provides various nutrients they boost the overall health of plant making it more resistent to diseases and why not mould...

As for ZDL x KC, I dug it out of the pot, left her in a bucket full of plain water for 10 mins or so in an attempt to rinse the rootball and put her in the previous 5lt pot without any new soil...most of her foliage has been burnt with only a few new small shoots still remaining green...she doesn't look as if she's going to get over it...yet what the heck, she's one too many for my restricted "licence" :biggrin: every cloud has a silver lining, haven't they? :)

baduy

Ok now I see, thanks for clarifying:tiphat:
I never used rosemary as a repellant yet, I should try that so, any idea if it's of any use against metcalfa pruinosa? I'm trying everything against those ones, currently trying foliar of hot chili tea.
May the Aegean winds be dry and warm for you :biggrin:

G

any idea if it's of any use against metcalfa pruinosa? I'm trying everything against those ones, currently trying foliar of hot chili tea.
:

Try foliar spray with zeolite(specific kind of rock dust);)

Buddler

Veteran
Good day, baduy!

thank you for taking the time to read my older posts and thus giving me the chance to be more explicit about them aforementioned herbs...horsegrass was a slip of mind or typing fingers :biggrin: and that's the only one fighting mould. Rosemary is used as a pest repellent and since Salicylic acid is present in the tea then together with nettle that provides various nutrients they boost the overall health of plant making it more resistent to diseases and why not mould...

As for ZDL x KC, I dug it out of the pot, left her in a bucket full of plain water for 10 mins or so in an attempt to rinse the rootball and put her in the previous 5lt pot without any new soil...most of her foliage has been burnt with only a few new small shoots still remaining green...she doesn't look as if she's going to get over it...yet what the heck, she's one too many for my restricted "licence" :biggrin: every cloud has a silver lining, haven't they? :)

Nice coastline there ORF , what about taking a few slips off your baby trying to root them I ve screwed up more plants than I care to remember ..Good luck to you..:)

orfeas

Veteran
Nice coastline there ORF , what about taking a few slips off your baby trying to root them I ve screwed up more plants than I care to remember ..Good luck to you..:)

Thanks, Buddler!
Unfortunately your advice isn't applicable for there's no tip left unburnt...might as well pop another bean, see what becomes of it...

Now no more whining about the loss...mercury's been hitting 105 for the last 3-4 days, but the thriving Panamala doesn't give a dime...she's got the brightest sunlight, she's got shade in early morning and late afternoon, as much well water as she fancies and she's rolling sweet...

Two more scorching days to go...but like I said before, cool waters undo the heat alright...

Attachments

• P1090884.jpg
    P1090884.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 9
  • P1090886.jpg
    P1090886.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 8

herbgreen

Veteran
Yeap! It does the job alright!

Now my question is "To repot or not to repot?"
Were I sure the fan leaf yellowing is due to root restriction, I'd repot without a second thought. Yet, I've had the same yellowing before with Jamaldelica(same seed batch) and it had nothing to do with root restriction...thing is I'd like to keep her in that 5lt pot for as long as possible to keep her low...repotting her now will give me a heck of a space problem...speaking of space things have started getting tighter... :biggrin:

You may want to try a smart pot which is a cloth bag type pot or any bag style pot that breathes and they claim to "air prune" root systems....less root issues:ying:

orfeas

Veteran
You may want to try a smart pot which is a cloth bag type pot or any bag style pot that breathes and they claim to "air prune" root systems....less root issues:ying:

Thanks, herbgreen!
I've heard about them bags but never come to use it for I grow in pots quite sporadically...mother Earth is my favourite... :biggrin:
might as well give them a try though and make a comparison...

Now to the plants and this is what used to be a trough(literally) where old calves munched away at their fodder totally unaware of what was to come the following day...but then so was Pessoa when saying "I know not what tomorrow will bring."...poor buggers...
Well, that was then...Now you can see a Karoulia IBL, an allegedly local cultivar, on the left and dubi's OE on the right...they've been growing "silently" so far with no mishap whatsoever...so far :biggrin:

P.S. Forgive my blurry photographs! My camera sympathises with me apple pies! :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1090894.jpg
    P1090894.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 13
  • P1090895.jpg
    P1090895.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 11
  • P1090896.jpg
    P1090896.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 12

Samuel Caldwell

+1 on the fabric pots

I've used smartpots and geopots and IME they work quite well. Keep in mind that the fabric dries your soil faster than standard pots.

Airpots are a similar idea. I've never used then but you'll find good reviews around here if you search.

konopenko

Veteran
Hey Orfeas are you often spittin on those cucumbers for northern Europeans :)
I miss Greek salat and souvlaki..:laughing:

orfeas

Veteran
+1 on the fabric pots

I've used smartpots and geopots and IME they work quite well. Keep in mind that the fabric dries your soil faster than standard pots.

Airpots are a similar idea. I've never used then but you'll find good reviews around here if you search.

Thank you, Sam!

Hey Orfeas are you often spittin on those cucumbers for northern Europeans :)
I miss Greek salat and souvlaki..:laughing:

spitting depends on the intensity of schadenfreude I wanna get... :biggrin: been enjoying my tomato pepper cucumber rocket coreander portulaca showered by my own olive oil and feta cheese... :biggrin:

Now there seems to be something wrong with that plant, it's been there for couple of days now...it's this intense lime green colouration starting at the base of the blades and moving outwards...and there's also quite a lot of clawing with the lower leaves...the feeding I gave her last week might have been a tad too strong...just repotted it today into a ~30 lt pot...

Attachments

• P1090892.jpg
    P1090892.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 13
  • P1090889.jpg
    P1090889.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 15
  • P1090888.jpg
    P1090888.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 6

orfeas

Veteran
streching and spreading every which way, four foot six tall and wide she's side-branching hecticly throwing pistils all over...a vigorous dame all around...but alas there's more to it than meets the eye...stem rot is the name of the game...go figure... been welcome to mouldy depression...

:tiphat:orfeas

P.S. couldn't focus on the sore spot...quivering hand...

Attachments

• P1090900.jpg
    P1090900.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 7
  • P1090903.JPG
    P1090903.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 6
  • P1090906.jpg
    P1090906.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 7

orfeas

Veteran
had a good moan yesterday...today is another day, no more quivering hand but still failed to get the cam to focus on the spot...anyway you can still see the job of the scalpel...
gave her some aspirin to help up immunity and tomorrow I'll drench her with some fungicide ...

The zam in the 4th pic keeps me on the rebound... :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

Attachments

• P1090909.jpg
    P1090909.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 14
  • P1090910.jpg
    P1090910.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 7
  • P1090912.jpg
    P1090912.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 12
  • P1090914.jpg
    P1090914.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 8

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Have you tried peroxide Orfeas ? It works great cleaning out wounds in my dogs when they have been playing with the boars, use liberally, it burns all the bad stuff--- Good luck amigo

Buddler

Veteran
Nice plants Orf .Last summer I had stem rot in my Malawi s same thing rain did it to mine I just cut it all out and she recovered nicely.B:)

Latest posts

Latest posts