What's new

A World On A String

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
brush around here comes in three flavors,jingus,heinous,dangerous..thats not to mention the 100 foot patches of cactus...

Barbanegra

Thank you for the word for Sunday P.
Vessel - Beast - Core - Land.
Land looks beautiful. I trust you on the energy.
Must be a great place to run. Cheers!

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
interesting to hear about your current nutrition strategy TP and how do you pace your running in them beautiful and breathtaking hills? Have you ever had any run-ins with any semi-dangerous folks there? considering how close you are to the border and all? I lived in Phoenix for two years, and travelled to Mexico many times with friends. Got so blasted on weed and tequila - that many times I didn't remember what happened there or how I got back. Was really young and crazy in those days, smoked base, dropped acid, and the only thing that kept me off heroin was the fear of needles.

T

THE PABLOS

Morning

Morning

All that I say in here (in this thread) comes only from my perspective...my own observations...and is meant to document...tell the story...of how I've reached the pathways I follow (as they perpetually develop). I have no motives of pushing any of it on anyone...not saying that the things I do...are for everyone.

*I've converted over to an almost complete vegan diet. I eat some fish. I believe all farmed animal proteins to be unhealthy...on more than one level

*Every year I attempt to get our household off "Trough Consumerism"....as it is a frightful process......on every level I can see. If you look at the current system we've built...the horror is not far from the surface.

*growing your own herb and food is a rebellion against the consumer system. I support homegrown as it is the essence of health...variety...and a true ghost in the machine. As a society...we no longer have a positive relationship with our food. In fact...there is almost no relationship. It's extremely ugly..the one...we do have

*getting off processed foods...and (sorry) farmed meat proteins: It changes outlooks. It takes time...but as your body purges process....things take shape differently. You are what you eat. That is so very very true. Can't say it better than that. Eating/food is about energy....part of the circle of life...it should be a high priority and it should be respected.

*Almost all illnesses come from poor diet....it is the root to health...or no health. I've looked at it and experimented on myself..and it can not be argued. By health I mean: spiritual/mental/physical.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In going w/ that flow and Mr. Alkaline's recent posts, check you're own PH.
Processed foods make us acidic. Swing to the alkaline and kiss cancer goodbye. ;)

Last edited:

southflorida

Veteran
yeah...for me the goal is to cut that animal protein from my diet, slowly, but surely and move toward vegan. Not because I love animals, but because I hate vegetables :)

But, on a serious note, I really think the treatment those animals have to put up with is a crime.

T

THE PABLOS

Bacon...I used to really miss it. Not now though. The body goes through a transformation..and eventually I've found...that I've become less attracted to meat. To be truthful...it becomes repulsive

I look at it...as a dead thing...that was probably killed while in a state of fear. Before that...it was most likely fed antibiotics and hormone solutions....crammed into a pen. If corn fed...most likely on Monsanto's patented corn...and pesticides.

Meat protein is a huge cause of heart disease and cancer. I don't want that relationship...not because I'm trying to live forever...but because while I live in it...I'll pay respect to the temple and to the palace.

It's gross the way foods are farmed now. It's not sustainable....it's not healthy for us, the animals, the plants, or the land. It's gone global now....procession is marching all over. Food and water are being monopolized. Industry....consumerism...is farming us. It is in their best interest to keep us ill.

Fuck doom and gloom though. I'm not there. If my own private revolution doesn't throw a wrench in the system...that's totally expected. I'm all about feeling good...being happy...and doing my own thing. I have nothing to be down about...and totally recognize it.

Hell Hounds IX1 starting to go into blasting mode. Pretty insane aromas...wonderful plant expressions. No complaints...awesomeness.

* While out on the trails....I run into all kinds of sketchy shit. Out there on the trails...the human is not at the top of the food chain.

Illicit human traffic/drug running: That's a fact of life down here. It can be a very nasty business. I have never had any problems with migrants..ever. I'm no minute man...it's none of my business...and I've seen first hand...what these people go through to make a better life. I have no problems with Border Patrol either...and enjoy when they kind of chase me around (helicopters sometimes).

Never have come across any "Cartel" grow ops...or any narcotic mules. I've come across naked witches...people fucking...and tweaker prospectors though. Situation awareness is required at all times. The terrain/environment will hurt you as fast as anything else...but I'm always cautious when I come across peeps. I keep the eye that says: "not me brother...I'll fuck you up"

** I have run..on a small dose of peyote....and it was wonderful. Don't know if I can say that on here. Anyway..I didn't eat a bunch so didn't get all Don Juan...but it was a lot of fun.

T

THE PABLOS

In going w/ that flow and Mr. Alkaline's recent posts, check you're own PH.
Processed foods make us acidic. Swing to the alkaline and kiss cancer goodbye. ;)

Absolutely....body PH. We are 80% water.

Also think that running is actually flying...as your feet spend more time off the ground..than on it.

** When you train on into exhaustion...you see what really weakens 1st. The body or the mind. The body is mostly water...the mind is mostly bullshit. Desire (heart) comes from core. Core is presence. Override mind and body with desire...find your core

Word. I just started doing martial arts again after almost ten years off. Still getting humbled on a regular basis,but that only makes me work harder. Got back into running to be able to take more then a round or two at a time....Re-doing the temple,culling the fat old lazy priesthood and replacing them with skinny zealots with shaven heads.

Nose bone hits cranium,retaliating instead of recoiling. Feeling my limbs burn as I approach an incline,knowing I'm gonna hit it even harder then I'm currently going.
Discovering that the seat of fragility is up on the bridge,not in the engine room.Stop obeying captain's orders. The power IS there. Let Scotty do his thing. Pain sets in way before any actual damage is done.

Unleashing the beast.

Hell Hounds are looking tight. Good solid structures. Might have to cheat off you and cross a stretch indica,I'm thinking MF or the Fuk It I dropped yesterday to casey or satechism so they vine up instead of bushing out.

T

THE PABLOS

I run freestyle. Sometimes I'll blast as hard as I can for a section...as if being chased by the hounds of hell (that's even where I lifted the name...as I'm always chasing or being chased by that shadow)...rarely run in straight lines. I bounce all over the terrain looking for pockets of energy...staying in form with body and terrain.

My runs...lately...are usually between 14 and 17 miles. I can back to back...day after day...run those distances in form. I don't really time the runs or care about distances...it's about working on form and breathing into presence. Riding endorphins...the "runner high" is no joke. I literally get high for hours...especially after the run...they come in waves.

Organic Locomotion...back to the basics of human form. It can be such a fine design if we'd stop putting ourselves above it all. Running in the mountains...like gardening....has made me..more of.. a steward of the land. The progressions in both disciplines are running parallel....as in balance...one feeds the other

EDIT: the greatest thing: at age 46...I'm in the best shape of my life (I've always been in decent shape...had jobs that required that sort of thing...so always kept up on push ups/dips/pull ups...active in water sports..always a runner). The plateaus between gains are lasting a shorter amount of time. My abilities are rapidly improving.

Running in correct form is key. It's not an age sport at all. It's an injury sport. If you don't get injured....you can run all your life. Learning...strengthening into form is Job #1. Balance in the core. In form...you will fall less...in form you will less likely get injured. There are forms and patterns to existence...I accept that...they must be acknowledged

Running turned me into a vegetarian. It also lead me to see the effects of alcohol in a more honest light. I view running as a vehicle for flushing toxins. I didn't asked to be shown that....but I won't deny the pathway. If you chase rabbits like I do...you have to be willing to follow...or you're just wasting fucking time

Last edited:

southflorida

Veteran
Well, after all this talk about running, today's the first day I started walking again. Before the problem with a nerve in my back/leg, I walked 1.5 hours every day of the week, and did weight training 3 times per week at home. Now that I'm feeling much better, I'll start walking every day again and start exercising with weights next week. Plus, I'm definitely going to modify my diet, and move away from animal protein...completely.

Interesting to hear how you structure your meals TP, as in what exactly do you eat, what size portions, and how many you eat per day, with how many hours between meals.

If this topic is not for this thread, maybe you can write in my Structure thread in the Den, when you have the time.

T

THE PABLOS

Any Given Day

Any Given Day

Well, after all this talk about running, today's the first day I started walking again. Before the problem with a nerve in my back/leg, I walked 1.5 hours every day of the week, and did weight training 3 times per week at home. Now that I'm feeling much better, I'll start walking every day again and start exercising with weights next week. Plus, I'm definitely going to modify my diet, and move away from animal protein...completely.

Interesting to hear how you structure your meals TP, as in what exactly do you eat, what size portions, and how many you eat per day, with how many hours between meals.

If this topic is not for this thread, maybe you can write in my Structure thread in the Den, when you have the time.

I am a very simple motherfucker. Crock pot of pinto beans going at all times. cayenne pepper/sea salt as seasoning. Whole Wheat Tortillas...avocado, tomato, hot sauce...eat as many as I want. Great running food.

I eat out of our gardens year round now....expanding every year. We juice veggies and fruit

Almond milk...coconut milk ice cream

nuts...pastas...oat meal..custom sodas (more organic kinds)...lots of teas..lots of water...coffee...local honey....organic maple syrup...Flax oil (spoonful)....molasses (spoonful)...organic apple cider vinegar...peanut butter and jelly...any foods bought at a store are usually organic and higher end products. We don't do Wal Mart Cost Co...or really...any chain stores. We don't support the trough

smoke waaaay too much weed...and eat whenever I want. I'm down to Iggy Pop fat percentages....and feel fantastic. Sleep well..recover well. I'm good on 5-6 hrs sleep...but it's quality sleep

* Smoking so much weed is not the best thing...I know. In my head though....I run the toxins out as soon as they get in. I smoke about a 1/2 joint before every run. Ritual. I love me weeds...been a stoner since I was a young lad

** when i harvest fresh out of the garden...I'll eat veggies that still have dirt on them. It may be there is a transfer of B12 in this act. Not eating meat protein requires one to seek B12 other places. I eat carrots in the garden with a bit of soil still on them..just something I do.

*** I don't make a bunch of rules or schedules. My body tells me all i need to know...and I try to be open to that. I listen to cravings as conversations. It's funny though...when it comes to diet...my mind works with me. There is no fearful mind activity when it comes to diet.

Last edited:

southflorida

Veteran
That sounds really good. The food and the weed :biggrin:

I probably won't reach Iggy Pop bf%, but I'm sure I'll reach 10-11% by the end of spring. I have what they call an endomorph body type, and as soon as I slack off, I gain body fat, like a mofo.

...damn your really living the dream bro! Cali, good weather, medical state, own garden (weed and veggies), good health, helicopters chasing you once in a while...lol

T

THE PABLOS

California is still a great place to be. I know people bag on it...but I wake up every day and feel blessed. It's big and there is lots to do.

southflorida

Veteran
I visited La Jolla for a week. Loved it, especially the view of the coast, it's breath-taking. I grew up in SF, and lived in Phoenix, Arizona for two years. There, I did a lot of stupid shit, and got sent back to Florida, where I did a lot of other stupid shit, and to avoid a long jail sentence, decided to go back to the other side of the pond, where I was born. Well, at least I stopped doing stupid shit here...lol. Business and family put me on another path, but, I still miss America in many ways.

I'm sure California is one of the best places in the world to live. Has so much going for it, that the minuses can't outweigh the pluses.

Since I can't go back to USA, my plan is to move to Spain in the future. The government is quite chilled about weed, and it seems the majority of seed companies are operating there, since they don't get hassled or busted like in Holland, or UK, for example.

Madjag

Veteran
yep....

yep....

picture.php

=

picture.php

picture.php

T

THE PABLOS

Drizzle fogged in morning...

Drizzle fogged in morning...

Took some sample flowers from the squat Hell Hound IX1 (the one I posted up the other day) and one other sister of that same age. I'd put these flowers..right around day 60..give or take a few days

Just by looking at them...and wafting away on their aromas...I'd make the argument....that they are in a harvest window. The flushing with the molasses/worm casting brew has not been cut off yet...so the flower's flavors...I'd speculate...will most likely be manipulated by the flush vehicle.

Put the flowers in a brown paper lunch sack...rolled the bag up a bit..and placed it on the mantle above the fireplace. Hot dry air...and a day or so...and I'll be able to twist up samples. My guess is that the brew will have no ill effects

The remaining flowers on the living plants...will be started on plain RO water as of now. They've been flushing nothing but...the brew tea for more than a week.

* all the flowering plants are getting doses of the molasses/worm casting brew throughout flower. No schedule..though it is on a consistent bases. After they start showing max flowering...right about time pistils start browning...they are getting nothing but the brew.

Low ppm on the brew....nothing shocking...just a nice ease down off their plateaus of Phosphorous blasting. Stroking them into maximizing resin profiles with organic manipulations...that's more or less...the goal.

Intersex on the Hell Hounds IX1:

* As of this moment...I've found intersex (male pods) on a few expressions. They seem to only be occurring in the 3-4 week of flowering. They can be found low and high...in the crotch of the flower branch. Easy to see...tweeze off

** Most appear sterile but there are others that are not. One of the 1st batch girls looks to have made 15-20 seeds in her lesser lower flowers.

*** after the 4th week....I've not needed to tweeze anything. They appear to calm down when they get serious about flower making.

Last edited:

southflorida

Veteran
This is truly a unique thread TP - on icmag. Cannabis flowers, cannabis breeding, nutrition, physical activity, philosophy, psychology, California Scenery And Beauty, and even photos of Afghan Mujahideen. Cannabis smokers seem to be more open-minded imo, and this can be observed by how many posts are in my crazy (according to many) threads in the Den.

the program told me to spread reputation around, so couldn't give you rep, guess I'll just have to tell you those are some beautiful looking buds :)

Latest posts

Latest posts