What's new

A World On A String

T

THE PABLOS

may I suggest you try not spinning/turning one or two just for comparison? Competent folks say it makes the plant use energy re-aligning itself towards the light. Better to prune out the back apparently. Dunno,just makes sense to me...

Sure....easy enough. I don't know about that theory though. In my current set up...they are getting blasted with light...so I'm not sure we'll see much difference. I have to move them around a bit...just to access them for their keep

I've never done it,I just noticed it being mentioned in a bunch of vert threads. Might not make a big difference to you. Some of the vert dudes are pretty anal about their way of doing things....which I guess you gotta be when every gram counts. My plants need to have a front and back 'cause of the tent,so I train them that way. Just thought I'd throw it out there...

T

THE PABLOS

Something Different

Something Different

Some time back...I was gifted beans of Red Kali Mist. The beans were made by Mr Alkaline and have been selected into the F5 generation. I enjoy the spirit/knowledge that Mr A brings to the forums...and because of this and his dedication to a line(s)...I wanted to grow his work. Simple as that

These are the sprouts that have made it through the 1st round of selection. I had more than one sprout in some of the squares..and killed on 1st glance instinct. Those that you see here...make it to beer cup transplant

I'll be running these amongst the Prune Juice IX1 population.

Will there be any outcrossing done between Red Kali Mist and Prune Juice?

"I have no knowledge of a plan...this is a winging it session. The idea of selected red sativa hybrids blended into purple/blue indica/sativa hybrids does have a certain attraction though"

* Prune Juice IX1 sprouts had a major storm of death blow through...many were culled..those that made it were transplanted into beer cups.

** All sprouts are under 2 X 400MH

T

THE PABLOS

Mr A is one of those dudes...that when...I read his posts I end up using google search engines...to figure out where his concepts are coming from. I've learned more than a few things (not always canna related) from the stuff he jots down. Might have pissed him off a few times as well...but it's mostly a checks and balances sort of thing..when that has happened.

Anyway...yeah...he has always spoken highly of RKM...and that's one of the things I look for...when sourcing genetic lines: some dedicated dude working his favorite expressions. Selections are quite personal on that level...the artistic flare for perfections in expression.

Great theory behind the selection process is a big bonus....adds to the adventure

He's an inspired guy,for sure. I've read all of his threads,every page...some of it makes sense to me,some of it either goes over my head or flies in the face of my own knowledge But there is a lesson to be learned from my skepticism,I bet...
What cannot be doubted is his dedication,conviction and ability to set/invent criteria to select by. He worked that line of his for many gens.Made Kali his own. Crossed it to Flo and got something that really looks mexican-ish to me. The strong resemblance between the GB and Vitality isn't all coincidence,IMO. Is it the HOG revival he wanted? We'll never know,so who cares. He went with his gut and didn't waver.I can't do anything but respect the hell out of that....

Be cool to see how they develop in vert. Never seen any pics of them other than the few Mr.A has posted.

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i knew u said your mind 2 help me to see

i knew u said your mind 2 help me to see

"...Might have pissed him off a few times as well...but it's mostly a checks and balances sort of thing..when that has happened"

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The 'meat' of my time on this site will be published as an article in IC4 next month!

The 'meat' of my time on this site will be published as an article in IC4 next month!

"Great theory behind the selection process is a big bonus....adds to the adventure "

I think my piece in next month's magazine will be the best place to see what I'm all about, rather than scanning all my threads here. So, if the article doesn't do anything for ya, I wouldn't waste the time on my threads! Bottom line. I'm a strange animal with my own beliefs about what weed is, and where from.

Thx for giving them a shot The Pablos, best wishes, and I hope u find one to your likingm

T

THE PABLOS

^ If your mind is open...for sure...read what the dude has to say. I've followed Mr A ever since I started lurking on this site. It ain't always about X's and O's...there are other contributing factors to finding the garden

* It was on a total whim that I decided to drop those RKM beans. Mr A told me not to refrigerate them...so I'd had them in a drawer with clothing apparel for the last 6 months or so...and the other day I got a notion (started thinking about them) to break them out. Just wanted to have a look at them...but then next thing I know...they were swimming in a shot glass...and I was scrambling in my thought process...to figure out how I was going to fit them into the studio (as I'm not running as many plants)

I speak of gut instincts...I speak of going with those instincts. The little nudges you get from the 6th sense (or whatever) that some are more open to.

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

Quick observations

Quick observations

Concerning vertical flowering:

1. Yes...I now think true. Having a front and a back (not spinning pots) on the plants is probably the way to go...even if you have the room to spin them. It's easier to train for a side..and I think the plants do prefer to just stay in one stance

2. I believe I'd like to start plants vert style in veg. Flower and veg stages...the whole thing...should be vert.

3. Stop topping plants. I'll start not topping...but my problem will be that my veg room is horizontal. I need to not top..and get that vertical growth style all the way...but for now I'll have to deal with untopped plants in a horizontal veg. Anyway...some plants will still be grown topped...all depends on the situation. I need to experiment

4. Back to my defoliation methods. As soon as stretch is over in flower...they get the majority of their leaves snipped. Let the light to the flowers...key

I've defoliated the whole way through all the stages plenty of times (as documented in this thread) but believe...I can away with just the after flower stretch defoliation. It's a good stall tactic in veg though...

Defoliation is perfect for vertical style growing

5. Changed my mind...there may be a vertical scrog in future runs

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
circles....i think vert scrogs need to be circular rather than the boxes most people make....actually to extend that thought,they really need to be spherical or maybe like a buckydome...

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
subscribed!

subscribed!

..so I'd had them in a drawer with clothing apparel

sock drawer seed bank ?!?! the old buffalo bills tube socks hold all my precious commodities
picture.php

picture.php

1. Yes...I now think true. Having a front and a back (not spinning pots) on the plants is probably the way to go...

2. I believe I'd like to start plants vert style in veg. Flower and veg stages...the whole thing...should be vert.

consider the back of the plant to be the new bottom...stripped
picture.php

vegg em how u like em homie!! in peace
picture.php

picture.php

T

THE PABLOS

circles....i think vert scrogs need to be circular rather than the boxes most people make....actually to extend that thought,they really need to be spherical or maybe like a buckydome...

Well...hung my bulbs in the middle of the room...put a decent quality fan blowing up (on medium speed) between and under the 1000 and 600 bulbs...and then surrounded the bulbs 360 with plants...a circle of canopy. I couldn't scrog the whole way round...because I need access front and back....but could easily do it on the two walls

Seems bulletproof...I'm able to get plants close to the bulbs...even with the 1000....

Taken to laying on the floor...shading out the lights with my arm...and looking up into the canopy...pretty much indicates what is going on. It's the angle that needs to be used to really see

Last edited:

1. Yes...I now think true. Having a front and a back (not spinning pots) on the plants is probably the way to go...even if you have the room to spin them. It's easier to train for a side..and I think the plants do prefer to just stay in one stance

3. Stop topping plants. I'll start not topping...but my problem will be that my veg room is horizontal. I need to not top..and get that vertical growth style all the way...but for now I'll have to deal with untopped plants in a horizontal veg. Anyway...some plants will still be grown topped...all depends on the situation. I need to experiment

4. Back to my defoliation methods. As soon as stretch is over in flower...they get the majority of their leaves snipped. Let the light to the flowers...key

I've defoliated the whole way through all the stages plenty of times (as documented in this thread) but believe...I can away with just the after flower stretch defoliation. It's a good stall tactic in veg though...

Defoliation is perfect for vertical style growing

5. Changed my mind...there may be a vertical scrog in future runs

Vert had a huuuuge learning curve for me. On my third run,and I'm still seeing areas I can improve on.Got two well vegged plants that I flipped monday that have been defoliated ''too much''. That being more then I'm comfortable with. I even plucked them the day before flip...I might regret that in a few weeks,we shall see.

Not topping is the conclusion I recently came to myself. I'm drowning in laterals that require ungodly amounts of wire to keep'em out of each others way.
But it's just so ingrained in my practices. I've had to sit on my hands to not cut the heads of the guererro floluxes that were also flipped at the start of the week. I may regret it ,but with six feet plus of headroom and keeping them in half gals until sexing it should work out. And it's never too late to snap some necks I guess.

T

THE PABLOS

Yup...it's a mind set change. I don't need to keep everything so short anymore...and don't need to mushroom out the tops into a flat canopy either.

The only reason my current run was topped....is because of the fact...I'm still dealing with horizontal veg lights. I run out of head space pretty quick...and then would have to start bending/supercropping to keep them from hitting bulbs. That's why I'll have to switch to a vert veg room if I'm going to run untopped in sincerity. Plant growth is different on vert plants...again the mind set.

I'm handling the lower training pretty easy...but that has a lot to do with strain selection...growth habits.

* I'm thinking the Prune Juice plants will be well suited for vertical flowering....more so...than these Hell Hounds I'm flowering now

Latest posts

Latest posts