What's new

A World On A String

Yeah,the Acc's that share a father(?) with the hounds are way too shrubby for my tastes. They close up too much,as you can probably see from my pics....

I have a final clone of that pheno in the other tent which has been defoliated,pruned and trimmed way more then these two. But that was a rescue operation/experiment. I'm done with this pheno.It requires more maintenance then I'm prepared to put in. The next time I pop some Accidental it's getting run untopped,no question.

T

THE PABLOS

Yeah actually...accidentals probably do share a father with the Hounds. There was more than one male I think...but only one male opened early and hit those plants

I see those shrub types...the closely branched expressions...not being favorable for any sort of indoor cultivation (maybe a top scrog?). There are a couple Blueberry expressions that I just can not tolerate because of tight branching...and as I recall...those "Blueberry Kush" expressions in Cleveland Sage were those sorts (pretty sure those were the ones that got the accidental pollen)

....anyways...those in your pix look like the expressions that I stay clear of...for the exact reasons you mention.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bravo for dunking the RKM's! :D Three cheers for Mr. Alkaline! :friends:

I feel guilty; it's rare I visit the DJ forum anymore, just don't put in the time on ICM that I used to...and that's where I feasted on Mr. A @ his loftiest.

I will certainly be looking forward to IC4 next month.

It certainly is strain-specific, but I have had good results w/ topping and having two colas going in vertical.

Untopped worked great for me too, but a plant as above is good for rounding the corners in a vertical room.

T

THE PABLOS

^ You got that girl to get pretty fat...nice one HL.

All I know for sure...is that changing up and going with the vert bulbs has made it interesting again. My old set up was...well...old...and I really didn't like how it made me feel. Got me through all those rounds where I needed more plants than I actually had room for...but beyond that...it was a weak set up.

I'm experimenting and new to vert...but I'll keep documenting my thoughts as they come up. I like the bare simplicity

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I wanna see some pics Pablos. Nw that I think about it, you never showed your hand before so im not sure why I'm asking. How's the runs going? Starting to get cold. What do you think of your cold weather runs? Do you run barefoot?

T

THE PABLOS

I wanna see some pics Pablos. Nw that I think about it, you never showed your hand before so im not sure why I'm asking. How's the runs going? Starting to get cold. What do you think of your cold weather runs? Do you run barefoot?

I'm currently running in Inov8 245 trail shoes (but rotate with other trail shoes sometimes)...a slightly padded shoe. Been trying out different/new shoes ever few months.

I prefer running in heat...but the winters here are pretty mellow...only freezing at night. Haven't gotten any snow yet. Run in shorts year round...gloves/beanies/flannel button up when it's cold and windy. I'm faster in colder weather. Running well...diet is good..

Pictures of plants or trails?

I'll post up some pix of flowering plants...but I can't move them out of the studio any longer...and that HPS yellow makes for poor pix..can't seem to white it out...and I don't photoshop

Kind of waiting for the plants to be worth looking at

T

THE PABLOS

Babbling Chimpanzees...is that the end of the road?

Babbling Chimpanzees...is that the end of the road?

Weather has changed me plans. Seems all that I do is dependent on environmental factors....moon pulls...clouds drop down to cover the land in rain and mists...ah the humidity

I do not know causes as well as I do effects...and I can not resist the slipstream. Whatever pulls and pushes my body over the hills...I can not further nor desire concept.

Pictures of yellow (I really don't like HPS color spectrum...it's not even close to OD yellows/oranges)

Says....Hell Hound IX1 defoliated after stretch...not long ago....so they are somewhere in their 30s (not dating or labeling plants).

* One of these wenches is mean with her intersex...she bitches about anything. Takes some effort with the tweezers...but to me..it's just a part of cultivating mean expressions. These expressions reek like sour fruity bubblegum....awesome...well worth the maintenance.

You folks know my feelings for working with intersex prone plants. Some of you feel as I do. I don't kick them out of bed for eating crackers

Out of the very 1st batch of plants to be rotated into the new vert studio

Somewhere in her 50's. She is soooooo squat...around 2.5' from her coco surface. I elevate her with a milk crate so she can compete for light. Fatty though

* She is part of a feeding experiment. Has been flushed for the last week with nothing but my witch's brew (molasses and worm castings)....very low ppm...I'd say 300-400

** Her very last few waterings will be clean RO. Up until then I'm staying with the tea. I'm interested in manipulating flavor...with the use of organics.

*** I'll flush 3 plants this way. I don't think anything negative can occur. I did a similar flush on my OD pit plants last summer.

Hell Hound IX1 (from the Odessa mom side....not the Kush mom side) : so far they are a promising ride...but then that point...I never bothered to consider...as I know the mix...can't go off into junk expression very easily.

Of course...if you are a purest about no intersex showing expressions...require stable ladies...understandable...but these are not that. More like high performance drag cars...require some effort in the garage

I'm not a technical grower though. I mean my room is tight...but I'm not. I don't check PH...I eyeball measure a lot...I defoliate plants in flower(that have never been defoliated before)...I change up nutrient mixes almost daily etc...

I take care of my girls...but don't freak on detail

Last edited:

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
wow The Pablos...those photos of the plants in the grow room are just outrageous...so different from anything I have ever seen before...it is as if your plants are plant beings...I guess is the best way I can put it.

Obviously this is how it is in our physical reality when we are in direct contact with our plants, they are individuals, as we are, but you seem to have captured that on film somehow. Maybe I'm trippin...don't know, but it is something that I noticed as soon as I clicked and enlarged those two first images from post#2367.

T

THE PABLOS

wow The Pablos...those photos of the plants in the grow room are just outrageous...so different from anything I have ever seen before...it is as if your plants are plant beings...I guess is the best way I can put it.

Obviously this is how it is in our physical reality when we are in direct contact with our plants, they are individuals, as we are, but you seem to have captured that on film somehow. Maybe I'm trippin...don't know, but it is something that I noticed as soon as I clicked and enlarged those two first images from post#2367.

My process is all about manipulating expressions to fit my visions. Often my visions are unclear to me....and that's when I depend on the plants to show me the next rabbit hole. I'm very hands on...watchful..and in tune with my plants.

Making your own creations...moving them along...you start to see the arrows and the traffic lights...you see the life cycle and its continuous rebirth.

* to the point: I've grown/seen all these expressions before. It's a cycle...genetics are a cycle. The differences are almost entirely subtle..and that's where you must be in tune...as far as...selecting

When I enter my gardens...there is always some sort of greeting...and then...we get down to jamming

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
..I feel guilty; it's rare I visit the DJ forum anymore, just don't put in the time on ICM that I used to...and that's where I feasted on Mr. A @ his loftiest...
The first year or two I was gather data about dj and his stuff.
The second couple was spend gathering outside science etc, which I thought dj needed for his credibility and theories.
The last two to try to make something of decent quality that fit the whole narrative.
-if the buds suck, then I'm wasting people's life and time:) and the narrative sails no more. So I'm waiting now to see if any icebergs have torn open the hull via the test grows...

T

THE PABLOS

Seedling Comparison

Seedling Comparison

On the left is a Prune Juice IX1 seedling and on the right is a Red Kali Mist IX4 seedling

Note: the RKM were germinated a few days behind the PJs (the RKM were just transplanted today...kind of a bitch transplanting a coco medium out of the housing I'd started them in..now I remember why I don't use those little starter 6 pack containers for canna sprouting)

* all seedlings are now in their beer cup homes. They will be in beer cups until they show sex

** Been doing more slaughtering in the Prune Juice population...a vicious little game. Never bored killing for the lord

*** Unless something becomes dramatic or out of the ordinary...I won't be showing anymore of these plants until after sexing

Hehe,poor little PJs. Shaking and groveling before an unscrupulus and unsentimental creator...poignant,I like it:D

You started out with 50-something beans,right? How many do you think will be left standing?

T

THE PABLOS

Never did count them out....but 50 is ballpark. Down to 30some. I'll flower 12 or so...nothing set in stone though. Depends on what I'm dealt.

In my garden the angel of death is more three stooges then old testament. I've been screwing up left and right on the propagation part.Dampening off,broken spaceheater. Even managed to step on one a few weeks ago.
Flowering plants I can do....seedlings and clones have been more hit and miss,lately. Oh,well...enough always make it. And maybe a dumb-ass grower should be part of their selection criteria :p

T

THE PABLOS

The Palace

The Palace

Paying respect to the temple...the body...the vessel. One must keep it up..keep it sea worthy and prevent it from sinking low...into the mire.

* few weeks ago I come up to a rock section of trail...some mountain bikers were stopped along it...and as I was bouncing up the section..in full form..one of the dudes calls out "beast" as I was passing.

you raise an arm in acknowledgement...blow a load of snot out your nose...and you keep going. It is recognized. That's what it's about. Beasts know no ego

** When you train on into exhaustion...you see what really weakens 1st. The body or the mind. The body is mostly water...the mind is mostly bullshit. Desire (heart) comes from core. Core is presence. Override mind and body with desire...find your core

I will not lose touch with the land. This is what I'm a part of....this is where I be. Pockets of energy everywhere

Today's Palace

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you're up there arent you? no wonder the outdoor garden is such a challenge,mountain micro climates can be hell....and five minutes later be paradise..

T

THE PABLOS

They are old and worn hills...covered in some of the most brutal brush fields..one can imagine. Looking north and south...mountains as far as you can see. Timber up high...jungle drainage bottoms...fingering down into desert

This is close to Mex....the trails I ran today are used by migrants coming up to work. It's a beautiful place...still blows my mind