What's new

a wicked pulse

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
based on your price they owe me $9 from 3 years ago and $11 from the other day so that's $20. hell no, i'm not fergettin'.

Woh! Woh! Woh! Before you get to bent out of shape and beat up by some red necks at the farm supply store, think of all the old hippie dope smokers here that need you to finish this thread. Throw some leaf in your bags and get the $20 dollars.

Or better yet get some of the bud on the bottom of your shoe that always seems to collect when you trim. That's the best stuff to smoke anyway.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
why is it so difficult to collect forensic evidence at a redneck murder scene?

because they all have the same dna and there are no dental records.

zeke99

Tell your mom we want pics! I dream of the day I am able to run a greenhouse full of ppk's. Would love to see somebody grow a monster outdoors in a ppk! If I make it back to oregon I am going to make it happen myself.

All the best to you Zeke, that index you made surely has helped many, many people!

I will post a picture, I"m going over there tomorrow. The plant is not monstrous, it's a determinate variety. Mom was not going to be staking a wild thing. Other than having to top dress nutrients once during the Summer and handwatering daily there has been zero maintenance. We installed a cage during the transplant and it filled up nicely.

Coco 3 parts, perlite 1 part, gypsum for Ca and Tomato-tone (organic fertilizer).

organizing that index together was a pleasure, because going over it all many times was probably the only way I was ever going to understand the concepts and be able to duplicate the build. I'm not good at building shit, so I need explicit instructions and how-to's and always make stupid mistakes regardless of all that.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I knew you were holding out on me... bastard.

I'm not holding out on you my man. I got some nice Jamaican we can light up the next time we meet up. It is some serious shit dude.

My buddy says it is the best Jamaican fan leaves he has ever smoked. He said the trick is the amount of stems he gets ground up with the leaves.:rasta:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Delta9,

Given that indoor light doesn't penetrate, why the reflectix on the walls?

well, that's a deep question, and, on the other hand, i have five fingers.

there may come a time when i might rip everything out and go back to trees. if i do, the reflectix will help there.

but in the meantime, when building this new room from nothing, i needed a wall and ceiling covering material that was airtight, bug proof, flir proof, waterproof, had good insulating properties, and then maybe reflect a little light.

so this stuff is the shit.

zeke99

well, that's a deep question, and, on the other hand, i have five fingers.

but in the meantime, when building this new room from nothing, i needed a wall and ceiling covering material that was airtight, bug proof, flir proof, waterproof, had good insulating properties, and then maybe reflect a little light.

so this stuff is the shit.

Good to know, I have no experience with this stuff. back in the day it was always mylar and later white poly plastic. But I stopped worrying about that stuff after I read the papers by McKree and others. Was that a mistake?

there may come a time when i might rip everything out and go back to trees. if i do, the reflectix will help there.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Good to know, I have no experience with this stuff. back in the day it was always mylar and later white poly plastic. But I stopped worrying about that stuff after I read the papers by McKree and others. Was that a mistake?

yep, flat white titanium oxide paint is as good as anything else in practical application for reflectance.

was what a mistake? if you mean the current experiment it might be, i don't know yet. but i feel good about it. i think it will produce a lot of bud.

but when i built the room i thought about possible changes a little bit. i did not want to build something that would limit me later if i went back to trees.

i have never had the opportunity to grow a 3-d plant vertically lit on all sides.

with this room i could run 12 very large plants.

zeke99

was what a mistake? if you mean the current experiment it might be, i don't know yet. but i feel good about it. i think it will produce a lot of bud.

sorry that wasn't clear, I was talking about no longer worrying about reflection in my grow. My veg area looks a lot like yours used too, it's not surrounded by walls. There is one wall I could put reflectix on. In the bloom area, it's a more of the same, I have the bulbs in the middle of a basement room (not near walls) and am using the room as a lung.

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
IC's mom, "This tomato is fucking sick. Where'd you get the tech for this shit?"

IC to Mom, "D9 is the PPK'r. He's a Royal Bastard."

zeke99

IC's mom, "This tomato is fucking sick. Where'd you get the tech for this shit?"

IC to Mom, "D9 is the PPK'r. He's a Royal Bastard."

I didn't paint the buckets black and there some algae growing in the bottom, but the plant still kicked ass.

Most of the fruit has already been picked and eaten.

St3ve

I didn't paint the buckets black and there some algae growing in the bottom, but the plant still kicked ass.

Just FYI, the algae doesn't hurt anything.. in the tomato or cannabis or anything else really. Just looks a little bad and makes clean up take a little longer.

oldone

Hey guys,

Hey guys,

I step out for a few months and look what happens. The mothership reborn! And what a rebirth.

One thing has not changed: You started this post 2 months ago today and already have 27 fucking pages...its a lot to catch up on.

I can only echo what others have said. Superb build quality, planning and execution.

I find it fascinating to watch the progression of a guy that started a few years ago with "...I stuck a plant in dirt over water...lets see what happens..." to this. Truly a master at work.

OO

OldOne's 4th run coming real soon...

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I step out for a few months and look what happens. The mothership reborn! And what a rebirth.

One thing has not changed: You started this post 2 months ago today and already have 27 fucking pages...its a lot to catch up on.

I can only echo what others have said. Superb build quality, planning and execution.

I find it fascinating to watch the progression of a guy that started a few years ago with "...I stuck a plant in dirt over water...lets see what happens..." to this. Truly a master at work.

OO

OldOne's 4th run coming real soon...

howdy, and thank you!

let me know when you start up this time.

you are still the most patient grower in the world!

Hey D9, I realize you're at a sort of non-flashy point in the process, but how about an update that shows how your backstop is filling up, your pruning technique etc.

Also, as I feel you know a lot more about using the Jack's Professional, could you comment on how one could reduce total nitrogen, while maintaining good balance of the formula after the stretch? I don't know squat about how to manipulate NPK in a synthetic 2 part nutrient package. The one negative thing (I feel) about this feed regimen is that it doesn't take into account the widely accepted premise that high nitrogen input in mid to late flowering prolongs maturation time (time to harvest), affects fruit (flower) mass negatively and has other detrimental effects on fruiting in general and flowering specifically with cannabis. Could just changing the ratio of the 2 components maintain the PK, while cutting the N? Would lockouts be more of a concern if you did? Thanks.

And here's hoping your big experiment is the homerun I think it's gonna be. We'll know more in November, I reckon.

stagehand

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
well, none of it is all that flashy but i'll try to get some more pics later.

i have removed 3 plants from the screen so i'm down to 21 total. the c-99, the only one i had, wasn't doing anything. all the plants around it were growing ferociously and it was just sitting there, taking up space. if i had let it go to harvest i'm sure i would not have gotten more than a couple of zips from it. i don't know what happened, maybe just a weak plant.

then 2 of the dope plants were showing male last night so i chopped them.

remember earlier i had one showing balls. it was that one again and one more from a pack of 12 feminized seeds.

this is why i don't like seedlings. too many surprises.

all my clone donor choices were good. big strong flowering plants. clones look great. in two weeks i'll take a round of cuts from the tops of the clones.

Because jack's is so well balanced I don't mess with the ratio. Instead I run it the way most big greenhouse hydro operations do and that is off of total nitrogen.

In my other situation I was running perpetual with plants in every stage. No co2. So I found 600ppm to be a good input.

But here I have a group of plants, different strains but all pretty much going through the same changes at the same time. Increased carbon input demands increased nitrogen so I run at around 1050 ppm jack's/calcinit. I'll continue this input until stretch is done and then cut it back to 750-900 for a while and probably finish with 600 ppm.

One time I did use calcium chloride instead of calcium nitrate thinking that the nitrate in the base formula was enough in late flower. It wasn't, the plants turned a hot lime color overnight.

If you are really worried about flushing you are better off using a weak solution than messing with the ratios.

Go to cannastats and look at the old recommendations for nitrogen going up to 350 ppm while jacks is 150 mixed at .666. (I just can't resist that). It is really quite moderate as it is.

the only thing i want to add to this is you do have some room to play around with the ratios without causing any reactions, it's not that critical. but i would keep the changes small. in ro water the calcinit is your only source of calcium.

thanks for your confidence. i myself am not so sure but i think it's going to produce well.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
just general purpose shots. i use 4 clamp lights when the big lights are off and 2 are incandescent and 2 are flo's.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts