What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:smokeit: looks like i'm taking a rain day...guess i can get the ickyled into the 5x5 tent and move plants...should be up-potting tomorrow when it's time to water again and after i have a chance to go to the grow store...hooray! medium hauling!

i guess i will put the hazes in 7 gallon pots...need to remember rapid rooters tomorrow...got a crap load of cuttings to take...hope i can find some friggin bleach soon...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
alrighty...got the light moved and the plants in place,up-potting tomorrow...turned the icky led up to like 70% but have it hung really high up...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
A buddy dropped by and "gifted" me 4 fem seeds, provided I give him 20 clones of each. Pretty steep, seeing how I'm doing all the leg work. Whatever though, Wedding Cake, Critical Mass, Super Skunk, and Black Dominion (
Black Domina x Jack Herrer). Really, all it costs me is time. I hope he has a bunch of that too, I'm not sure if he knows how long it will take to get those numbers from seed.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Yeah, I have the capacity to bang it out in 6-10 days with the 120 site, but getting them to have 20+ growth tips is going to take months. Plus I usually charge like 4 bills for that many. $100/seed is pretty ridiculous, even for a friend. I might give him 80 total of what I have on hand and whatever I can from each seed. It sounds like more of a pain in the ass the more I think about it. Putting a lot of eggs into one basket, and pushing known elites aside for unknown results.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
alrighty...got the light moved and the plants in place,up-potting tomorrow...turned the icky led up to like 70% but have it hung really high up...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Is that a 4x4 tent? I know you you've mentioned about having a 4x4 tent, but I don't recall if you've mentioned any other sizes.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
A buddy dropped by and "gifted" me 4 fem seeds, provided I give him 20 clones of each.

20 clones from each seed?

Is he gonna take cuts, or do they have to be rooted clones?
I can't really see that being any less than 3 or 4 months...
A lot of your time and a lot of your space... plus electricity and your bulbs...

Sounds like a high price to pay for 4 seeds...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I know, that is nearly 10 times what I've paid for my most expensive seeds (AK-47 from Serious in '08 $122/12)! I admit I was pretty high, and initially figured he meant 20 total. But, a deal's a deal. I don't want to go back on my word and be a chooch. Those same guys get pretty close to 500 (@$250/36) every season from me, anyway. By the time I can get 20 from each seed, the season will be well under way ~ June, and they will have needed several more flats before then to get a jump on the frost in September and October.
My butt still hurts though, lol!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I know, that is nearly 10 times what I've paid for my most expensive seeds (AK-47 from Serious in '08 $122/12)! I admit I was pretty high, and initially figured he meant 20 total. But, a deal's a deal. I don't want to go back on my word and be a chooch. Those same guys get pretty close to 500 (@$250/36) every season from me, anyway. By the time I can get 20 from each seed, the season will be well under way ~ June, and they will have needed several more flats before then to get a jump on the frost in September and October.
My butt still hurts though, lol!

How was the AK47? I grew AK47 x Bubble Gum last year, and made seeds with it. My AK was super sweet, and had enormous buds, massive yields

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Amazing, I got a cherry/ gassy /menthol pheno that was the stand out of the bunch. I lost her the next year, but not before crossing her to a C99xDC male. I've been growing that cross ever since. It kept the menthol and gas from the AK, but the rotten fruit from the C99xDC outshines the cherry unless you know what you're looking for- so to speak. She's outstanding, I call her Russian Princess. Great yielder too, the AK has also been well known for that. Worth every penny, still paying my bills for over 10 years:)

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Well, Doc, since they turned out that good, who cares? :) A winner is a winner, no matter where it came from!
I always try to get as much breeders info on the lineage as possible, though. Mostly, if not just for my reference. Specific phenos used in a cross, their target selection, F2 population info, etc.
99% of the customers couldn't care less, which drives me insane, but that's another story. "As long as it's weed and gets me high", Ugh! :( I guess ignorance is bliss, given the paradox of choice nowadays. (So many ho-hum strain choices give you less satisfaction than the few elites of yesteryear.)
A lot of breeders can be pretty vague, but some go the extra mile. Speaking of which, I checked out some of your Rozay crosses from Relentless, Unc. Those had great strain descriptions. Hammer, you also do an excellent job with your descriptions. I appreciate the time and effort you put into the process. It may not matter to Joe Blow, but for me, the devil is in the details. 10 times out of 10, that's where my money goes.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

got some exciting hauling to do in a bit...should be extra fun since it's supposed to be both rainy and windy!!:woohoo:

gotta do it though...i could get a ride,just have to see how shitty it is when the dude drops the $$ off...not out of laziness,but out of safety concerns since a 30mph wind gust could cause me to overbalance and i can only imagine wrecking with a trailer and 70lbs of stuff would be very bad for me and the bike...hate to twist the frame over stupid pride...

hopefully the grow store stays open! scary to have to contemplate that...might be wise to pick up some sort of organic dry nute type of deal so i could at least make teas...i have some stuff,and some compost and earthworm castings...

anyway...yeah org,relentless does solid work...huge seeds runs to make selections from,if you follow his ig account there's family trees showing the lineage of his varieties...and he has a sweet looking rescue dog which always speaks well of someone...really how people treat their pets says a lot about them...

but yeah,pretty psyched to get the rozay stuff into flower...and the hazes althoug i dont expect them to finish much before june...

Latest posts

Latest posts