What's new

A 'clearing out my fridge' grow

S

Stinktoe

man oh man..nothing but lush green healthy plants growing over your way :joint: you are straight up killing it :rasta:

reps

Scrogerman

Veteran
Kicking ass, loving the Show man, Great Thread! How the Fk i missed this ill never know man!
Peace......Scrogs

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Ey up lads....

Nice of you all to be leaving such cool comments and all, but I have a lil bad news.... Bloody thrips!!!! Fuckers, again I might add.... Never have I encountered these stubborn lil buggers until my last grow and I thought I nuked em around week 4 bloom, but seems a few must have stuck it out somewhere only to re-emerge at the same bloody stage as last run- week 4 bloom! I need to pick some thrip inhalator tomorrow for the final showdown between the lil fuckers and me! I stopped using nilnat (bti fungas) when I didn't see anymore fungas gnats this stuff also kills the thrips larvae and may have been keeping them at bay up till now as I stopped using it a while back... I have had to spray the plants with some stuff called SB plant invigorator it will kill em upon contact but will not keep them at bay. I absolutely hate spraying plants when they have buds on em, had to keep reminding myself that it rains outside and those plants are still frosty, lol...

They haven't done too much damage thus far, just a few plants with a lil stripping of the chlorophyl from the leaves. But knowing they are there just makes me itch! Even now I just wanna nuke em! I intend to do so tomorrow!

Anyway, the show must go on, I ain't letting thrips spoil it!

So, the apart from the Bud Candy & molasses/ panela trial plants the rest are getting:

Canna Terra @ 4ml per L
H&G Root excelurator @ 0.3ml per L (last feed with this)
Bcuzz bloom stimulator @ 1ml per L
Plagron Green Sensation (aka top activator) @ 0.5ml per L

EC 1.7 (water base EC 0.6)
pH6.2

I have had a few lower leaves lose colour and drop it's slowly spreading upward which I think indicates that I am leaving it too long in between feeds... I was feeding 1.5L every 3 days which I will now feed every 2 days. Hopefully that will keep em healthy for until the flush. Apart from that and the thrips heat has been a lil high @ canopy 32+C:eek:, I have stuck one light on for 6 hours which got it back down to 30.5C @ canopy. The weather is said to be cooling by next thu or so, then I'll stick that light back on for 12 hours, hope yield isn't dented to badly by this.

Anyway enough chatter onto some pics, ay??

Cheddar~

Gotta say man the smell is absolutely lush when moving around to water em. Hope my carbon filters are up to the task, it'll be a test for them 4sure :joint: The scents are sweet, sickly and down right STANKY DANK

As u can see the cheese have pretty much taken up all the space in there on the trays, which leads me onto the seed plants.... As I said they have suffered because of the lack of space, so the are stretchy and yield will be pants from most, but I still think anything worthy of giving another chance will make it self known, then I'll try a reveg on her or get some more beans of the strain ;)

They are all about day 20...

first up,

AK47's

London Memories next,
which are coping pretty well with the lack of direct light and are growing rather well, couple interesting indica pheno's here...

Swiftly onto the OG Kush,
please don't laugh :pointlaug lol...

One has reacted rather aggressively in it's search for light... The other is a squat lil fooker no matter how far from the light she is, not been happy with the germ rate, nor growth or health of these OG Kush S1's compared to the OG kush crosses they are really weak and finicky. Ah well maybe I should give another 5 pack a go to make sure I ain't missing out as they have had poor light and bad treatment in general.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
The OG Kush S1 crosses are looking nice on the other hand, buds are small but all things considered they are doing ok.

Wee update on the bc vs molasses/ panela or m&p as I will refer to the mix as from now. I have used the frotiest, big cola'd control plant to see just how 1 average looking plant from the bc and m&p groups look against it.

I'll let the pics do all the talking apart from saying that the BC treated plants still smell the most and seem to be most advanced.

You be the judge...

Group shot

Average looking M&P treated plant

Average looking BC treated plant

One of the best looking untreated plants

Hope yas like.....

Peace

~S

Scrogerman

Veteran
So, so far buddy, you rate the BC over the M& P then? Im thinking of getting the BC next run with some Bud Ignitor,(Bud Blood In Liquid Form-i think!), suppose im interested in a few AN products!
Bloody Thrips, |OHH Noooo buddy! typical in it mate! I hope you go to war on these little fuckers and get you medieval on their asses man! Good Luck, the Cheese look Bangin!

STUPPA

Hey man how u doing? the grow is looking good it does'nt look like the heat has affected them badly from the pics, looks very lush green in fact . I'm looking forward to seeing how your Ak's turn out :) , i only grew out 5 seeds of Ak myself and was very happy with what i ended up with .

You have got quite a selection of strains going there, i think you are gonna be spoilt for choice when your finished but hey if you need a hand testing them drop me a line LOL :joint: .

Wish you all the best karma for this one mate (and also some cooler weather !)

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin' good, Shhh! :good:

Spray w/ anything that has Spinosad (Monterey Garden Insect Spray most common) will kill thrips dead! Don't waste time w/ anything else, this'll do the job!

Good luck!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
oh yeah here we go, them ladies are looking really good. great bud development.

wow look who the cat dragged in? is that really STUPPA, from back in the day? wish i could join you guys for the testing sess when the time comes :joint:

keep on keeping on ~Shhh~ mate, those plants certainly seem happy with what you are doing.

:wave:

STUPPA

Hi gaius :wave: how you doin man? it's been a while since OG hey ? i see your a mod now ! damn i better behave myself then hehe :biglaugh:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hi gaius :wave: how you doin man? it's been a while since OG hey ? i see your a mod now ! damn i better behave myself then hehe :biglaugh:

:laughing:

yep, became the coco section mod. :dance013:

so you better be a good boy right, lol. :laughing:

it's great to see you made a handle, i asked about you a few times when ever i say some of the old handles. was chatting with Hashishin Reidiah, not too long ago too.

are you still growing the same way? planning any threads?

all the best :tiphat:

STUPPA

LOL you always were coco loco gaius ,good to see your doing your bit anyway mate.

I have'nt been growing for a while (long and boring story) but i'm just about to start something now ,hopefully AK-47 and G and i don't bother with the DWC hydro anymore but instead just stick some coco in big pots and handwater ,it seems like less hassle to me and it works great. Hopefully i'll have a thread up soon , not sure where to put it tho this site is too big! a guy could get lost on here .

I see hashy quite a bit and he's always telling me how to say your name properly :biglaugh: funny guy.

What have you got going then dude? ,drop me a link if you got a thread running.

I better get off before i hijack Sssh's thread , he'll have my guts for garters :snap out of it: LOL i love the smilies on here.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hey scroggerman, it's hard to say at this stage definitively but the BC buds seem a tiny bit more advanced and the smell is for sure a little more rank than the sweeter smells from the M&P and control plants. That bud ignitor says it also has Kelp in it to which helps to stimulate bloom, also has p sources and k sources (u probably know all this :)) I dunno about PK stim that early in bloom, I often wanna try PK products then myself, but read that it's not needed... so haven't ever bothered... Saying that if there was a good argument for pk stims in the first 2 weeks I'm all ears. Them thrips man! fookin b'stards! Couldn't spray the plants again after the SB stuff until Tuesday, so I got some more gnat off which kills the fuckers in the soil. Come Tuesday it's thrip Armageddon, no prisoners will be taken!

Yo what's good STUPPA, nice to hear from ya bro. I've had a little pinch of a few AK trichs and they are smelling reminiscent of the AK I smoke in Dam which is a good result. 3 girls from 5 seeds was also nice :) Did the AK u used to grow come from those 5 beans? Man that was a beauty! The cheese have been quite resistant to the heat, I hope they stay that way! The selection is nothing like herbalizors though! Lol, did u see how many sativa's alone that dude had going :joint: daaammnnn! Thanks for the k+, I definitely need that cooler weather mang!

Sup Highlighter, I been reading about that spinosad through green eyes of envy! It's not available where I am... This is the stuff I picked up...

BugClear%20Fruit+Veg%20HR.jpg

It's rapeseed oil based and says u can spray and eat on the same day, although I only intend to hit them twice with it though. Cheers for the heads up bro.

Hey gm good to see STUPPA init :) Many of the ol mob seem to be about still, just keepin head down, would love to see a STUPPA grow myself man, he used to rock that UK-G!

Thanks for stopping by all, hopefully I'll have good new on the thrip killing by Wednesday.

peace!

~S

STUPPA

Nice to see your giving those critters a hard time mate , i'm sure they'll be flaking it soon with that bombardment :whiteflag:

Yeah that Ak came from 5 seeds , i think i actually got 4 ladies but only had space for 3 so had to kill one. The 2 of them were very similar in every way ,aroma ,taste and appearance, they were almost like twins .
Those 2 had tight buds and would prob have been the best yielders but i did'nt really like the taste of them.

The one i kept was alot more airy and also v.leafy but was much better smoke IMO. Did'nt like been grown in hydro tho and i got much better results growing it in hand watered coco .

Yeah herb has a few strains LOL don't know how he keeps up with em all . I have been lucky enough to try a few :kos:,Afghan haze was very nice and sonic boom . Oriental express was good, well at least i think it was i can't really remember much about it LOL like someone clubbed me over the head or something :bat:. I like the SSH crosses best , that ssh flavour is hard to beat .

looking forward to next update dude :headbange rock on

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
sounds like an interesting pest treatment. i'm interested to hear how effective it is fr you. i must say, i think there is some thing to be said for finding these harmless alternatives to using poisons. you know, even though i never dunked all the seedlings, the mites have gone right away as far as i can tell from just leaving the jug of that mixture im testing in there. it seems there really is some thing to the story about mites hating eucalyptus oil.

man i wish i could be with ya when you get to testing all this goodness you're cultivating :joint:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Sup lads...

That was some find then STUPPA! I remember that AK being shit hot in the pics... U got lucky enough to get some of herb's sat ay? Nice one mate... That oriental express is supposed to be absolutely BOMB bro :joint: I hear ya on the SSH crosses though man, I am a very fond of anything SSH orientated myself mate. Super Herbs, looking forward to Rez's revised SSSDH where he is gonna hot the Sour Diesel clone with SSSDH males in an effort to add some more SD to the mix. Super Lemon Haze from Green House is hot shit to mate from all pics and reports. I am quite fond of Amnesia Lemon from Barneys you had that yet? Very nice ;)

Hey GM that's a top result the mites fooking off at the mere presence of the eucalyptus sounds like something to definitely to look further into. Would be cool to have a good smoke out sometime man sample some of the sdxcj :)

The heat has caught me out a couple of times with how quickly it makes the plants go through water, found a couple of them not looking too clever when I went in today, all droppy with yellow leaves :( Gotta start watering every other day until it cools back down.

I gave those frikkin thrips a good bashing this evening, Savona - insecticidal soap and some of that Bug Clear (rapeseed oil) stuff mixed together. Fully drenched bottom & top of leaves with the mix, turned lights and extraction off for 20 mins while it soaked in throughly. Also feed the plants with some gnat off (bti fungas) to kill any of the bastards that though it might be clever to seek refuge in the compost, also doused the walls and floors of tent, will do all of the outside tomorrow as I was shattered after that.

Well as this is near exactly half way through the grow, I thought I put a few pics of them up.

No pics of the seed plants mind you, but damn! I think I found a star in the the London Memories plants, what a nice acrid mango-esque dank smell to it, also have my eye on an AK47 too that is looking and smelling good, the OG kush's are coming along slowly and not really stand out yet.

So here's those pics...

Cheese @ week 4.5

Few pics of the test subjects :D

Control then BC then M&P from left to right.

M&P plant

BC plant

Control plant

Look at the macro/close ups of the cola's (2nd pics from each test group) to see the slight differences in bud development, colour and trichs, please give some feedback on what you think :) I think some differences are becoming a lil more noticeable

EC 1.8 (background EC 0.6)
pH 6.1

Canna Terra @ 4ml per L
B'cuzz bloom stimulator @ 1ml per L
Gnat off (bloody rip off) @ 1ml per L but cost is outrageous! Going back to nilnat when I can find it.
Plagron Green Sensation (aka top activator) @ 0.5ml per L
This Green Sensation smells like bloody milkshake I kid u not! The ingredients list lactose lol! It's also got various P& K sources too. Girls seem to like it as they are plumping up nicely and haven't shown any adverse effects as of yet.

peace

~S

Scrogerman

Veteran
Looking Good There buddy! Whats the Background EC?, im trying to recall what that means but im coming up blank, Duuhhhaa! Fair play, i hope they end up like baseball bats for ya buddy!
Looks like the BC plant is still just edging it for me bro, looks like 15-20% more mass, especially from a distance, is that what your saying too mate? Looks a bit frostier too but i aint sure as the M&P plant looks sticky too, just a little less mass it seems!Cool Bro!

Peace......Scrogs!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hey scrogger thanks for that post man, need a lil feedback on the pics....

Ummmm... so yeah, I'm basically concluding the same as you did, but I wanted to see if it was just me wanting the BC plant to be in the lead lol... Seems the buds on the BC plant and molasses plant are just very slightly ahead in terms of development, but the control plant seems to be catching up in terms of seeable trichs. It's a bit hard to tell as the lighting in the room is not the greatest and the HPS doesn't help either!

BC plant pistils are stacking faster than the others, that's my main observation.

I also noticed that the smell of all plants is changing a bit, its still rank cheese dank but add acrid tropical flavour sherbet to that and you'd be smelling what I am now, it's fooking lush btw! :)

I am very glad the clones I took in week 2 & 3 bloom have rooted in about 8 days using peat pellets (which I think are the nuts, first time rooting clones with em) I REALLY like them peat pellets haven't had to water the clones, didn't mist the dome just stuck clones in peat pellet and into propagator, water with seaweed extract @ 1.5ml per L, 7 days later first roots show, 8 days most others are rooting GOOD TIMES! :woohoo: can't recommend them enough!

The background EC I quote is the EC my water has without adding any nutes or anything to it- it's starting EC if you like... It's very high but the plants are not complaining from my observations.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
awesome man, looks ready for the show, really congrats for your garden and should be a serious grow!!!
the question about bloombastic from atami is real good product, i grow master kush and aurora indica with this and really i get some nice bud with full trik's everywhere, my vote to this product is 8/10 !!

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Buddy!
Im using the Bubblecloner atm, & thats taking 8-10 days, i never tried the Pucks so i may give them a go, as some are going in soil anyway, makes sense to root straight into pucks or something akin to soil, rather than rooting in from the Bubblecloner. are they Jiffy7's your using there man? im gonna have to try the pucks out. Im quite enjoying the Soil Growing & im finding there's alot more to it than hydro, much more to consider & learn about, i may just do one full run indoor just for shitsngiggles, see how it goes, yeah you got my attention on the Pucks, what brand you using man?