What's new

A 'clearing out my fridge' grow

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
amazing bro!!
cheers , i like your garden mate, sure you make me inspiration for future grow when i change house and i have more space for do that, great great work!!!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Sup Stuppa, yer those frickin thrips bane of my growing life for the past 2 runs, I am getting the stuff ITryToGrow is suggesting - spinosad to wipe them out for good hopefully. Its reported to do the job with n takes no prisoners. The cheese are bulking up slowly but surely, would have expected them to be a lil bigger by now tbh, maybe the medium (compost) is restricting yield a lil plus I haven't got em dialed in but they are looking nice all the same. That AK your talking about is a nice specimen, has had hardly any light but couldn't give a rats ass- it has just continued to put on weight and get frosty by the day, smell at this stage is nothing to write home about but all other attributes are spot on.

Hey ITTG, I haven't ordered it yet, but will right now, need them thrips eliminated asap. Can it be used this far into bloom (toxicity wise)?

Hey killer missed you while I was posting mate :)

Thanks for the props bro, I hope you get some space to play with yourself. I grew in a cupboard for a while before moving into my new house. Thre are far better grows on here to be inspired by tbh though, mine is real ghetto :D but I get by. Maybe after summer I will have saved a few pennies from work to get some upgrades on the go.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i'm glad to see all is going well, also suffering from the heat in my veg cab, it's not really finished so not enough fresh air gets in and as it's over 30 the air that is getting in there isn't doing much, have had max temps of 35 in there recently lol so i feel ya on turning them off now and then, might do the same, or switch to my cfl 200.

anyway your test is coming along well too eh, it's interesting that the bc and mp plants are ripening faster. will be fun to see what the end results are, weight, taste and hit wise.

it's fun seeing STUPPA and now heath robinson back on ic.

keep on keeping on man, all the best......:wave:

Tokesome

Hey Shhh, shame to hear about your Thrip problem, I`ve never had them, tho I`ve not escaped gnats and spider mites in the past. I use something called Plant vitality (plantvitality.com), one time application, its systemic so if one of those mites bites my babies the sucker is dead. I`m sure this stuff is supposed to be very effective with thrips too, so may be worth checking out.

Hope those girls work as hard for you as you are for them, 80 plants, hand watering, that`s some serious input dude.

Toke. :)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Sup GM, the M&P and BC plants sure seem to be coming along slightly quicker, but as you say the weigh up n smoke will tell the real tale. Yeah I noticed heath was back on ic, those tree's of his never fail to amaze.. his grows in general are definitely something to aspire to :)

Hi Toke, Thrips are nasty lil fookers... go about there demolishing of the plant on the sly. Fortunately they do not multiply and reek havoc as quick as spider mites can but they are nasty all the same. Don't get me started about fungus gnats, they were just part of my grow for a long time lol, couldn't seem to get rid of the bastards! They love coco. You would be surprised how quickly it is to water all 80 man, either a watering can or telescopic hose attachment and I whizz through. Trick with compost is to not let it dry out too much or water is not absorbed immediately causing it to just run out of bottoms of pots.

Hi ITTG, Well that might be an issue as I don't think it will arrive until next Monday/ Tue and the plants will be chopped 2 weeks from Saturday. Think I will give them 1 last dose of the oil based stuff as it knocks the numbers back significantly, that and the BTi fungus in the feed will keep their damage minimal I am hoping.

Just got back from a mates, he has been curing some Lemon Skunk & 'Amnesia' (not Amnesia Haze) for a couple weeks now and gave me a few buds to toke. Check them out...

Lemon Skunk left Amnesia right

Lemon Skunk

Amnesia

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yum yum, wish i was there grats on the harvested plants, they look nice and chunky. have you smoked any yet? need to get a move on and start a batch of my sdxcj one of these days, so i have moms for clones by the time my flowering box is built.

i see you have a link for the trail you did, will have to check it out as i'm still curious what your take will be at the end.

enjoy the fruits man :wave:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
W'sup GM, my mate grows fully organic and has got the hang of it now... This stuff is very tasty man I gotta say. More gems are surely in those seeds of yours mate, I got some Rez stuff I wanna get but need a veg tent myself to grow em up in.

Talking of the trial I got some more pics of the trial plants today, I've also added 1 more plant from each group to show what they're like.

I'll start off with the standard control/BC/M&P pic of the same plants pictured throughout. Then I have pulled out 1 additional plant from the groups. These are the better looking, larger ones from their group.

L >R Cntl/BC/M&P

2 from the M&P

2 from the BC's

2 from the control

The 2 from the control are two of the best looking plants out of them all. BC group still looks like it will be the first across the line, but I will start to check the trichs in about 8 days when they reach 8 weeks.

Got a few of the keeper seed plants too, start of with the...

AK47

This thing would be a good yielder under the correct circumstances, it has caught up in size to some of the cheese buds that are in full light, this plant is still in the aisle of the grow at least 1.5' lower than the cheese canopy and getting shade from the cheese fan leaves. Doesn't bother this wee lass, she's a soldier! I just hope the smoke is also good.

Here are the 2 London Memories I'm fond of. I can't really remember exactly how long the seedplants have been in bloom roughly 10 days behind the cheese which would be day 37 for them IIRC. The smell from the skinnier frosty one is pure Sensi Star lemon with a lil mango or papaya thrown in, but the larger one is rotten papaya with a hint of roadkill thrown into the mix... Yup it's rank, but in a good way. Itching to toke this one!

LM's

That's about it for today, battery died before I could get onto the tent or OG Kush X's... Hope yas enjoy!

Peace

~S

Scrogerman

Veteran
Fair Play Buddy! Looks Great mate!
So the control's are kickin it man. these were cuts from the same mum were they? anyway Enjoy your harvest bro, im sure they'll all taste fantastic!
I was Thinking of giving the Bud Candy a go, i definately aint sticking Mollasses or Panela in my DWC Res, but id like to try one of the Carbo products. may revert back to the CannaBoost Accelerator, aint made my mind up which way to go yet.

Good Luck!

Peace.....Scrogs!! ;)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
dude it's starting to look like the control plants will end up with the most trichomes, or am i getting it wrong again? lol.

how much longer till you give them the chop?

it's great having mates who share their goodies with you, enjoy...

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
W'sup Scrogger, The control plants you see in the pics are a couple of the best looking ones from about 54. As the BC & M&P groups are smaller I would kinda expect that numerically the chances of the control having a couple bigger plants would be high. For this reason the weight/size of the control group's plants are not a real consideration for me. I can see a few plants in the BC & M&P groups that are of similar size/ structure to. The test was more about which one of the groups produced the best looking and tasting pot.

I will definitely check to see weight differences between the BC & M&P groups as they're under the same light in adjacent trays 9 plants per tray each group so the variables are easier to compute. I will also check the weight of a tray that is under the opposite light which would have had very similar conditions bar the addition of the sugars. For a rough comparison against the BC & M&P groups.

The cuttings were from a couple of moms from what I understand all the same pheno though, and of similar heights and root structure when they were babies. I make you right on not trying molasses/ panela in hydro mate it leaves a right mess and stinks a bunch too! Well not sure about the panela but I tried sticking molasses in my rez last run and that's what I got... If I am happy with the results of the BC or M&P I will get the most concentrated rez friendly carb product I can find as I am pretty much convinced at this stage that trich coverage is comparable between the BC & M&P groups with only the prospect of a slightly quicker harvest with the BC group (although I will still chop all plants at the same time- 9 weeks)

My prob with a lot of these additives is not many peeps do these trials, it's very hard IMO to gauge the effectiveness of any product unless tested to some extent. The claims of the co's and wants of us gardeners for the ultimate additive have many stating they are seeing results when really the see nothing!

Hey GM howz u :) Yer having a mate that also grows has become priceless while I wait for mine to finish up.

Re- the control looking trich'd out... It may look that way from my less than adequate pics, lol. I think the M&P and BC groups have comparable amount of trichs with the control group coming in very closely. I don't see any flabbergasting results thus far to be frank, but maybe I will be surprised come harvest time... I intend to take down the cola's first and leave the popcorn for a few days to get some light.

SHould have some pics latter, will try harder to get evenly lit shots from all test subjects. As the lights are already on before I finish work getting shots without HPS glow means having to take the plants out of the tent.

G

guest101

Hey man!!! :wave:
Wow that garden sure bulked up! So many beautyfull buds forming!! yummy!
Any special lady by far?
Wish you the best! :D

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
OK, so I tried to get back early enough to beat the lights coming on but didn'y quite work out that way... Never does! :D

Got some shots of the cheese and a few of the OG Kush cross that I didn't show last update.

The cheese are @ day51 now and they're getting nice n juicy looking. The calyxes are becoming swollen and they look like they're on the last push for size. Bloody heck do they stink now! Soon as I take a few steps into the room the tent is in the cheese fragrances hit ya! Bearing in mind I have 2 x carbon filters in the tent! These kind of strains need a carbon filter in the grow and one recirculating outside the grow to keep all smell to a minimum me thinks ;)

~Cheese day51 bloom~

~OGK X's @ day41~

These OGKX's got a lil burned with nutes, but the potential of these girls is strating to show itself. Nice white buds, with a overlapping structure on 2 of them, these have minimal hairs. The other one is a lil more hairy but also pretty good looking. Smells range from hashy to lemon sherbet which is the one I have my eye on (2nd pic).

Only 12 days left for the cheese which are now on pure water for those days as they got a burnt a bit with the PK, a lot of the plants already have yellow leaves near to the top of the plant, not quite sure if this is because I started feeding them a bit late into bloom and the strength of food (without water's EC) has never exceeded 1.2. Not quite sure what their issue is, but I got my eye on em.

The water for the BC & M&P groups will still get their carbs for another 5 days before then it will be pure pH adjusted water. I'm not feeding them enough water for run off to occur as I want them to use up any left nutes in the medium, before cannibalizing themselves, as they started the early loss of nitrogen.

peace

~S

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hey Frankie missed ya post bro, guess you been smoking your way through that skunk you grew ay :joint:

Yeah, about special girls the London Memories have 2 very nice pheno's that I will be trying to reveg, they have some really nice exotic fruit smells mixed with the standard smell associated with good herb if you get what I mean... That skunky fragrance. One of the AK47 is also looking very nice but only smells hashy with slight fruity undertones right now, it looks great though... Then there' the OG Kush crosses I just threw some pics up of above... There is 1 standout girl looks and fragrance wise, while the other 3 are no slackers either in those departments.

Thanks for stopping by bro :)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
As the end of the grow closes I have been having a close look at the 2 groups receiving extra carbs. It hard to say 100% but it looks like the M&P tray has more weight than the BC tray... Strange as the BC tray is benefitting from the cross lighting coming off the next light across. The M&P tray is in the corner... The BC plants without a doubt smell the sweetest! The BC buds themselves still look as if they have been flowering an extra couple days or so ahead of everything else, not in size or girth but appearance/ development.

Strangely enough the M&P group also smell a bit different to the bud candy group, the smell more rank now than the BC which was the other way round like 3 weeks back... That bud candy has a few fruit juice extracts in it that maybe giving the buds the extra sweet fruity fragrance, or maybe the M&P lot will start with this fragrance in a few days too?? I think the smell is down to the juice extracts as it's the only real difference apart from ratio's between the BC & M&P mixtures... but don't quote me on that, :D lol...

So I got pics of the cheese test plants as of yesterday (wed) @ week 7.5 bloom. I can't wait to sample some of this stuff it smells and looks fooking lurrrvly and looks alot more like the clone than a lot of the other BB cheese pics I have seen.

Control/ BC/ M&P left > right

M&P group reps

BC group reps

Control group reps

As you can see or maybe not from my pics! They are all pretty frosty and it's hard to pic a clear winner in that department.

Onto these seedplants, the OGKX's are looking rather hot now, one in particular has the look of those kush pics I drool over regularly and has a hashy lemonish scent to it... These will be a delight to smoke I'm sure!

OGKX @ 6 weeks

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
I got a few pics of the LM keepers which are smelling and looking better by the day. Dunno if any of you are familiar with Sensi Star? But one of these (one on left) has all the traits a clone of Sensi Star I had back a few years ago. It's almost a replica of that cutting. The other has this same smell of exotic fruit with the stinky skunk smell I keep banging on about. Another set I can't wait to try :joint:

Finally for today, the nice looking AK47 that hasn't displeased since it began blooming. Starting to look kinda nice ay?

G

guest101

Lovely frosty buds! A lot to happen in the next weeks.
Unless theres mold or nanners, this will be a great time!
Be prepared for the real smell if you're allreaddy admitting theres
a little fragance even with your recirculation system.
I allways remember the final weeks as the most smelly of all by far!

Glad to hear your having some nice exotic smells! Love them.
The only sensistar i grew was the most smelly plant i ever had,
it smelled more than the other 7 of the grow lol
It was strangely good in smell and taste, old, dirty, shity, but
with some "soul" to it, one of the best not sweet weed i had.
Draw back, it was potent, but for sleep inducing lol
Hope those warlocks bring some paranoia to the mix!
What? Where? Shit! Did i do it? Better check it again... ahah :D

All the best mate! :bump:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hey Dank Frank, what's good buddy :) I make you right about the smell increasing, my misses has actually got a lil paranoid about it. Fortunately the stench :D does leak out of the room into hallway, or I think she would have made me chop em down already, lol... She has already said that I can't manicure them in the house, lmao! I maybe relegated to the shed with a few cold brews, some Bob Marley and a filter recirculating to keep the pong to a minimum! Naaawww for real though I think I will get a new filter as the bigger one is kinda old, then when I harvest I will use this sat near me to take car of smell while the other fan/filter take care of smell in tent.

It was strangely good in smell and taste, old, dirty, shity, but
with some "soul" to it

Hey man, you describe the one I have nearly to a 'T'... It's has this weird mix of smells that I can't really put my finger on and behind it all is a skunk kick, very very interesting smells indeed. I am probably more eager to taste it than most of of the other stuff as the smell is so different and kinda dark, lol. If it turns out to be gold and will reveg I will name the clone 'abyss' :D

Hey speedmon, nice of you to join the thread, good timing as you didn't have to sit through the 5+ weeks of not much happening :D teehee....

Stick around bro, only just over a week before the chop.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Getting close to harvest now, and the excitement of getting to try some of this stuff is getting the better of me :joint:

One of the plants suffered quite badly when I stupidly missed watering it, by next day it was shriveled up to the point of no return! So I chopped it down yesterday for an early cheese sample it was also in a crowded position prior to the drought, so it's probably the smallest plant out of them all, sure it suffered a drought before as well :hide: watering 70+ plants by hand is never easy :D lol...

Anyway, the rest of them are doing fine, starting to spit out some foxtails now, not heat related just a trait that i see the OG exodus cheese clone exhibiting. The traits that this plant exhibits are so close to that of the clone only exodus cheese cut that if it is indeed big buddah's version then I gotta commend him on locking down the visual appearance of the clone, I never knowingly smoked the exodus cutting but pics look almost identical to what I have IMO . I grew some blue cheese from seed before that turned out to be total crap, maybe just a bad batch of seeds, but this is the other end of the spectrum in all departments from that grow.

So lemme throw a few pics up of the cheese @ day 58 bloom. I reckon these plants could have been harvested @ 56 days/8 weeks as there is already 15% amber trichs. Got a few pics that u should be able to see the trichs in too.

I spent quite a while tying up 2ndary branching of the plants to support the buds which is usually a good sign, I can see that this cheese cut would do wonderful things if topped a couple times prior to flipping to bloom, one's that have 'auto topped' themselves have multiple colas of the same size, not that much smaller than the plants that are un-topped. I am really liking the potential of this cutting .

~Cheese day 58 bloom~

So this trial has been taking little twists and turns since the beginning with none of the test groups really exhibiting their dominance in the early- mid stages of the grow. Now the end is nigh for the plants :D The differences become more apparent, I was stating from quite early on that the BC group was showing signs of faster maturation, something that I have since read as a part of AN's sales pitch on their Bud Candy web page. This seems to have been correct, after looking @ the trichs closely I can see that there are more amber trichs on the BC plants than any other groups. I can also say that the BC group smell ever so slightly sweeter than the the other 2 groups. In terms of amount of trichs, seems the BC & M&P groups do have a little more trichs on the buds/ leaves than the control group. Not a stupid amount more but definitely more IMO. The M&P & BC groups have what looks like a double layering of trichs (sorry for my shitty description) hopefully the pics will show what I mean.

The M&P group did look like it had all the juiciest fattest buds in it just 5 days ago, but now the BC group may have something to say about this... It's a race between these 2 groups across the finish line for weight and frostyness, there is definitely benefits to be had from using extra carbs, that i the primary finding thus far. Smell, taste and weight will be the next set of interesting stats.

Control group is no slouch either, the plants are looking nice across the board, and upon getting a few put to access others to water them I noticed a lot of branches had dropped out of sight under the weight... Maybe a decent - good yield to come out of here guys stayed tuned for that :joint:

M&P couple

BC couple
(excuse big line across 1st pic)

Control couple

Latest posts

Latest posts