What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A 'clearing out my fridge' grow

G

guest101

Hey mate, dont know why i didnt notice your grow link lol
Whats the size of your tent? whats gonna be the light for flwering?
Thats a great start, and is seems 12/12 is near.
Arent you shaking those babes with some fan?
This should be a beautifull grow, its allreaddy starting so nicely!
Good luck mate and dont fry yourself on the ml this ml that lol,
you can end up doing the typical noob mistake of excessive attention!! :D
See ya! :bump:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
dont fry yourself on the ml this ml that lol,
you can end up doing the typical noob mistake of excessive attention!! :D

I hear ya frank... I am taking it easy on em now, lol. I was applying coco growing logic there for a minute, haven't used compost for years!! Was feeding nutes each watering, will ease off until they ask for some which shouldn't be for a while, as they have been transplanted into 6.5L pots of fresh batmix. I'll feed just root excelurator, a lil seaweed for now until 2nd week of bloom probably??

The tent they in the pics is a 2.4M x 1.2M Budbox. I also have a 2.4 x 2.4m Budbox now, which all the plants will go into when they are done vegging. The other one is getting old and unsteady!

For lighting I have 3 x 600w lamps, hoping to get some of those very nice Sun System 2 air cooled reflectors to help battle the summer heat.... if funds permit. They throw down a perfect 1m x 1.2m light spread and are extremely well built (no air smelly air sucked in through cracks then exhausted outside!)

I am not shaking the seedlings with a fan, but I know that it would have helped to make the stems stronger... I have them in a small cupboard and need one of the small clip on fans for in there really... just been a lazy b'stard :D and not had a good search through shops for fan... Will buy one asap though ;)

On a side note just sent in my money for some strawberry cheesel (strawberry diesel x uk cheese clone- exodus cut) and some hazeolope (chocolope - cup winning pheno x G13/Haze). Should find some real nice ladies to choose from in that lot!

shhh- looking good, those are some very interesting genetics you're growing, I'm definately along for the ride.

GM- I use the H&G line with recirc coco system, and I can't speak highly enough about the root excelerator, it is worth it's weight in gold to me, another thing that's important is drip clean to help with the salt buildup. I really like th H&G line, I feed relatively lightly and supplement with organic molasses and silica, but if I have an emergency and need to harvest early, my bud quality stays high, it doesn't need a long hard flush when you feed relatively lightly.

I love popping seeds and finding out what I end up with.

G

guest101

Hey man!! :D
I use nutes every watering too, just a bit of math in the middle.
I prefer it more steady than roller coaster.
2.4*2.4, will you use just 3/4 of the tent like 3 squares or
try to Y the 3 lamps to fill the square?
4 600 with the square filled would be solid lol
Anyway, test your equipement and see what kind of temps
you're getting. With a tent with all that volume around maybe
you could avoid those super expensive cooltubed reflectors.
Most reflection gain in typical setups comes from an 15$ reflector.
Are you exausting out to the open air?
Hope you get luky with your new promising seeds.
Good vibes!! :wave:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Well after a couple bumps this thread is back (thanks to Mod Benji :))

Hey phillthy good of you to stop by mate, seed poppin always fun ay!

Hi Double Kindness, I am going to use a little molasses as well. As they're in compost I figure it will help the micro heard stay strong. Thanks for the vote of confidence for root excelurator, seems to be doing a fine job so far.

What's good frankie baby :D I might get the extra lamp but will test with 3 x 600 first to see what kind of temps I get as it's getting pretty warm around these parts now. I hear you about the batwing style regular reflector... I have pulled near 1gpw using those before. I do know the aircooled ones are extremely well designed and I hope they will save me having to stick my air con in there as it runs same amount as another 1000w light.

Few pics from yesterday of seeds and clones... Seedlings 17 days into veg... clones 18... 3-4 more days and they'll go into bloom.

Close ups of seedlings are AK47 first then a LM aka motivation. The LM's have the quickest growth followed by the AK's lastly the OG Kush S1.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
In their new home now where the seedlings will join them tomorrow, hope they don't mind the extra watts :D it will be like 50x more watts on em' but I am sure they'll feel right at home.

This new tent gives a good bit of space to get around the plants... they are still vegging, seems like they been vegging forever, lol... Growth in the compost (House & Garden Batmix) is slower than in coco, by quite a bit.

They've been vegging for 19 days now, and I would expect to see similar growth if vegged 12-14 days in coco or hydro in general. Although the plus side is no mixing of base nutes or many additives ...... just H&G root excelurator as the Batmix has food for at least another 3 weeks after the fresh transplant they've just had.

I think Saturday at the latest then bloom time baby! This gives the seedlings a few days to accommodate themselves.

Took a few pics of the bushy lil Cheese clones, I'll be cleaning these up over the stretch period... Can also see bigger tent space :woohoo: Temps are also alot better in larger tent have bigger exhaust fan and I might be getting those aircooled shades after all, if temps require it... but they were 25.5C when I left em.

Lovely roots on the plants after using the H&G root excelurator! Have a looksy below ;)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
looking good bro, glad to hear and see the thread is still on track. it's nice to see the plants so happy in your tent. i'm sure the seedlings will love it in there too.

tell me how are you posting up those small pics from your album? i always get links if i try and drag a pic into the post. unless i use img code, but then i have to post all of them full size which is a waste, people can always click to see full size.

btw the end result of the 5 sdxcj girls was 196g. now if only the whole table had been covered with those, that would have been one hell of a yield :)

G

guest101

Glad your thread is out of the shadow again. They're looking great man!
Cant wait to see the jungle!! Have you allready changed the fuse? Good luck! :D

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hi guys :wave:

Just took a few snaps of the Cheese clones, and mixed seedlings... They're all growing along fine with no hiccups thus far... Have switched the clones over to 12/12 today, so 9 weeks from now it should be Cheese sarnies for me :joint:

The seedlings haven't been put into the tent yet as they hadn't all shown roots at the bottom of the small pots the other day.... I wanna x-plant into bigger pots and stick them into 12/12 at the same time which I will probably do later today. They are all still pretty small with no/ minimal branching because of the weak ass floro's the been under, but the main aim is to get a couple clones from each one, and see what's STELLAR :abduct: from what ain't! Yield is a secondary consideration fro the seedlings this run, if they do well yield-wise that will be a bonus! ;)

I have 4 x 600w in the tent now running some temp tests earlier and the canopy temp was 30.5C which is a lil high... Ambient temp in tent was 28C which is not too bad at all... I think with some extra ventilation it might be possible, but if I had aircooled hoods it would be a breeze, pun intended :D

Hey GM, the pics are first uploaded to my forum album, then I just click insert and click on the pics I wanna use in my post. The numbers from those few plants are very good man,would have been a serious harvest if the tray was full of SD x CJ, looking forward to seeing that man, really am!

Hey what's good noreason, lets see if we have a matching pheno hey? :)

Lol Franky, how are ya mate... I am also glad to be out of the black hole :D Which fuse are you talking about bro? :joint: I am stoned at the moment, lol......

Pics~

BB Cheese clones Day 0-1 bloom

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Here are the seedlings, a couple got too close to the floro's and leafs were burnt hopefully that doesn't effect them too much... None of the S1 (fems) got burned so that was good as I don't want them stressed and getting all trans-gender on me :D lmao!

AK47

London Memories

OG Kush S1

OG Kush S1 Cross

Next generation ;)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
test:

hm, i think i understand now, i was always opening the album with the button on top. thanks for the clarification.

i must say you seem to be caring for those plants really well, they all look the picture of health.

i must say i'm quite fascinated by this tent you are using, 4x600 seems rather large for a tent. sounds like you have better type of tent. did you already post about the tent?

can't wait to see those darlings flowering :joint:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
I see u have the hang of it (pics) now :)

No, I didn't give much detail about the tent at all bro, but here's a lil blurb,

It's 2m(L) x 2m(W) x 2m (H)
It's called a budbox titan1
They have it in a 3.6m (L) x 2m(W) x 2m (H) as well, it's a bloody monster that 1!
It has quite a few outlets & intakes and these little stash like pockets for electrical extensions etc.
Its fairly sturdy, I hung a load of stuff inside it just to test what it would hold prior to sticking plants in.

All in all it's a tidy tent. Mine was ex-display, lol! I'm a cheapskate :D
Got it for a good price because of small staining inside and a few stitches around the zipper were loose making it not light proof anymore (although they have small light leaks anyway!)

I did think that the secret jardin tent was alot better in terms of being totally lightproof (wheres my budbox has small leaks here and there) better reflective material inside (a mylar type of lining like those car windscreen things that keep light out, as apposed to my heavy duty white plastic) and slightly more sturdy.... This all comes at a price though and what I paid for the bubox titan1 was a lil less than 1/2 of the price for the corresponding secret jardin tent.

I have a question for anybody reading the thread....

I have to upgrade ventilation or bring in Aircooled hoods to get canopy temps to an acceptable range, and stop any loose buds from being produced.

Would you guys upgrade hoods to aircooled or just get another/larger exhaust and intake fans... Both would do the job, as we are talking just a few C's here (down from 30.5 to 28 max canopy temp)

I feel it might be a waste of resources to get the hoods considering the amount of heat I need to reduce by, but then will the aircooled hoods allow for more bud to be produced because of their ability to be alot closer to canopy considering inverse sqaure law?

btw thanks for the compliment on their health, I believe firmly that this is down to the plants eating when they want to and good temps thus far (humidity is a lil low though @ 39%).

I think I will stop typing now as it seems the NYCD I am currently smoking has me fingers going at 100mph, lol :joint:

G

guest101

Hey man!! Me too ahah Who isnt around here? 1% of the users... :D
I was talking about the light fuse, seems you've allready done it! Nice!!
Maybe "fuse" isnt a propper translation lol Do you think about those small glass
pieces with the thin wire that prevent discharges from burning other peaces? lol
I like your Wattage concentration... in my Homebox L with the 600, in the corners
its not like i would like. Seems the 600 really kicks in the 80*80-90*90cm range.
I know my reflector acentuates that perception.
There using open hoods and with the intercrossed light im sure im must be great
allmost everywhere.
Its up to you about those reflectors. You will be able to place the lights closer to the
plants (but that glass will cut some lumens balancing performance) and the horizontal
area will get dimmer... Smoke one more nycd joint and balace those thinks up, plus,
remember that when the grow is over if you need to transport stuff it will be more
four bulky pieces to transport! :D Just imagine that volume lol
Have u got fans activelly moving the air from the red zone (between light and plants)?
If not, that solution with added extraction will make it a breeze to get just those º down
where it matters, in the plants zone.
Even if you have to add some hoods in the future doesnt seems its lost equipment.
Good luck!! :D

wow things have come along way fella..Ive grown in the titan and found that big intake and outake is the key for 4x600, air cool means more ducting and more noise ime, so in this case i would opt for 10-12 inch rvk and acoustic duct a must..also when i grew in this tent i used 2 x intake and used ducting all over the floors with holes punch in to it get a even flow of fresh air into the canopy which help imensly. air cool would be a bonus but you need more filters and more ducting as mentioned above and still need extraction and scrub for ambeint temps. Im using air cools now and do notice the inverse law but with these new xxl shades from progrow are really the nuts! 8inch intake/outtake and are just under 1mtr sq and sealed which really is the way forward imowith you being able to get em in closer and covering more area...but horse for course fella and as yours are sitting nicely now and as we know the summer is on its way and we had a good week of 20c plus but as your in coco I think you'll be fine with bigger extraction ..I hope that helps, plants are looking spot on and im sure your in for a bumper harvest!! watching closely m8

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
What's up Frankie & John :)

Maybe "fuse" isnt a propper translation lol Do you think about those small glass
pieces with the thin wire that prevent discharges from burning other peaces? lol

Yeah bro, I was thinking the things you find in plugs etc :D

@ Frankie~ Those are some good points you make their mate. I know the cooltubes have smaller reflectors that make the footprint slightly smaller than the average 600w reflector, has worked well in your space though as the dimensions are pretty much spot on as you highlight. These sun system2 reflectors have a slight hot-spot but nothing to lose sleep over, they also are very efficiently designed to remove heat from the bulb area and reflect light into 1 sq/m area. The lumens lost from glass was measured as being 5% by someone who done tests on this forum... Didn't get them this time though, lol... I have repositioned the oscillating fans and temps have reduced slightly to 29.3C canopy, and 28.5C room.

@ John thanks for your insight, great to hear from someone else who has used this tent. I done a little tinkering with another bargain I got from grow shop (used 6" 420m3/hr fan). This and a few adjustments to the oscillating fan had canopy temps at 24C for a while but once the tent was zipped up and left for a while temps were back to 29C at canopy/ 28C room. I think what you suggest about intake with holes in it sounds like the cure. I got a 1300m3/hr fan extracting on temp controller, with 1 x 6" L1 RVK and 1 x 6" A1 RVK as intakes, this should be enough to cool temps right? So it must be down to getting set up right... I have regular duct but ordered in some acoustic ducting... they also have another RVK 6"L1 2nd hand and silencer in the grow shop on sale for less than half price (display model) that may be an idea. Have you tried one of those? Does it reduce air noise at exit point?

I seen those xxl's man they look the bomb, read they are great for 1k's but the SS2's are supposedly better for 600's. I think your right about the PITA & extra £$£ it costs to go air cooled although the benefits are great though. As long as I can get canopy temps to circa 27/28C then I think the current set up will be fine... The most needed to get this done would probably be an extra 6" RVK L1, but I think the holes in intake idea should be enough with some tinkering of oscillating fans. You ever try the air sock for tents? Is supposed to spread air as I imagine the holes in duct would.

damn I cant sleep tonight :( had a little nap in the day and fooked my cycle lol...any how 2 x 6inch should be fine imo also with those 2 you'll have nice negative pressure in the tent ...were u bringing in the air from? 1300cfm extraction is fine for those 4x600 imo were have you the carbon situated in the tent?and how is it venting out? any obstructions? ..the air sock is exactly what I did with the ducting and worked a treat! with well distributed air to theplants and room itself.. to be honest keep the lamps high and as your in coco its great for heat issues and ive gone upto 30c without any issues one of the benefits of using coco imo...so im sure you will be fine man...alternativly use 3 x600 until 3-4 week in flower and just hammer em with lumens and they will be able to cope ...use your oscilated fans to push around like a vortex bro...I think you'll be ok not sure your need the extra 6inch but maybe have it standby

so

were are u pulling air in from?
extraction> any obstructions and were u got the carbon situtated?

maybe run the fans constant rather than on the controller (if its not already on constant)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hi John, appreciate the help man... Trying to get my messed up sleep pattern back on track myself ;)

I forgot to note, this run I am using compost~ H&G's batmix to be precise...

Air is being bought in directly from outside, but humidity is manageable @ 50%, have a couple dehumidifiers if gets any higher.

The filter is hung as close to the middle of tent as possible, 2 x 6" intakes come in from the front end of tent (at sides) and exhaust goes out the main large hole on side of tent, The exhaust vent does have a couple of bends in it, I'll need to swing the filter round 180 degrees to eliminate those as it currently runs down the tent, I'd need it to run across it.

The fans do run at full power when lights are on, then they run @ idle when they go off on the controller.

I have a fan set up in each corner to try and create a vortex like u say, but these also need tweaking a bit to produce the best results. The obstructions in the duct run and placement of intake ducts (with holes in). I am picking up the extra rvk later (for 30 sheets :D lol) and a filter in case it does gets hotter in there... Will put that on a thermostat to kick in if the canopy reaches over 28C.

I'd be real a happy with a room temp of 26/27C and canopy temps of 28/29C, with the amount of air exchange going on I think they would appreciate the slightly warmer temps as the co2 levels would be replenished so often, any thoughts on that?

Will start tinkering when lights come on...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Latest posts