What's new

a big fu to the spelling police.

avant gardener

Veteran
what i mean is:
grammar is sometimes the difference between knowing your shit , and knowing you're shit.

that comma is as superfluous as a hardhat on dreads.

i always forgo capitalization, but manage to puntuate and spell.
sometimes i need to read over misspellings to understand the context, but i'm more concerned with understanding than with a couple more minnits it takes to attain it.

right with you on the caps buddy.

anyways i'm not one to judge guy's on a few errers in their syntax and usage. no one likes a self-righteous shithead. that said, it can be tough to read shit written by grown-ass men who have less control of the language than the average sixth grader who writes in crayon and wears a helmet.

the ending of sentences in prepositions is something up with which i will not put.
—winston churchill

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
this thread is all wrong anyway, we are still many months far from Festivus (fu), so it is too premature to be wishing a happy Festivus to any spelling police just yet.

oh, and Lex, your new plan is also weak; how do you think building a crappy ship help you to defeat superman? as if he were not able to fly away in danger of drowning... Lexi please.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stoner4Life .. that joke you put in the joke thread is perfect for here ... ya shoulda posted it here dude :)

so good old Sven is making his way across the Harvard campus looking for the library, finally he decides to stop and ask another student "So where would the library be then?"

To which the snobbish student replied while looking down his nose at Sven, "At Harvard we do not end our sentences with prepositions!"

Sven though about it for a moment and said "Well, where would the library be then asshole......."

:biggrin::biggrin:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't get the joke; did Sven though for a moment or thought for a moment?

Come on man.... get real !!! i didn't even notice the mistake till ya brought it up .... its so freakin obvious what its supposed to be . but guys like you just have to be like this huh ??? JFC get a life will ya ???

It's a pet peeve,and selectively used on it's intended,pretentious victims.

You,however,get a pass for being a good dude,Supe :tiphat:

They're,Their,There now,lil fella...everyting gonna be o-tay :D

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Come on man.... get real !!! i didn't even notice the mistake till ya brought it up .... its so freakin obvious what its supposed to be . but guys like you just have to be like this huh ??? JFC get a life will ya ???

really? :biglaugh:

I was being SO serious, you know...

:blowbubbles:

on a side note, everyone loves an idiot. no body likes smart though... or is it thought? lol...

Evil plan Nipple Twist is working!

Evil plan Nipple Twist is working!

lex knows my secret . superman always wanted to be a pirate. this goody goody stuff aint no fun. lol

Me and SML go way back.

I was always the better speller growing up. Spelling Bs were not SMLs thing.
He has Gorgeous hair. Me none.
However I do have him beat in the style department.THIGHTS..C'mon.

Since the spelling police failed and the grammar nazis fizzled.

I have made arrangements to have some slutty STD laden pirate booty to be on board the ship.

It is true, I am trying to convert Supperman to the bad guy club, Buwahahaha

Besides, Me and Darth Vader have a bet going that I will win! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

We will make SML a bad spelling, card carrying bad guy yet. You'll see.

Lx

C

chase

Who cares , your convaying a message. If someones so anal then get a job tutering colledge kids .None of the spelling is making the posts unreadible .I havent read anything here that was writen so poorly ,that evan grade school children could read , & understand.The only personal secratary i need is one on her knees .lol Hope the wife doesnt see this..

Besides I thought that the internet generation looked down on proper spelling , & grammer.

F.U spelling police .

C

chase

convaying = conveying (sigh)
Im not harshing on you but you understood what I was saying , in order to corect me.

Most people (not saying you ) only use spelling erors to insult people.Nothing here has been dificult to read.

minds_I

Veteran
Who cares , your convaying (conveying) a message. If someones (someone's) so anal then (can/should/ or a host of other auxillary verbs) get a job tutering colledge (college-clearly you did not go) kids .None of the spelling (error/mistakes or a host of other verbs) is making the posts unreadible (unreadable) .I havent (have'nt) read anything here that was writen (written) so poorly ,(superfluous comma)that evan grade school children could (can) read , (superfluous comma) & (and) understand.The only personal secratary i (caps) need is one on her knees .lol Hope the wife doesnt see this..

Besides I thought that the internet generation looked down on proper spelling , & grammer.

F.U spelling police .

Hello all,

Well you may be correct on the Internet generation not caring.

Though I have pondered, as a result of reading threads such as these, if the wonder, the beauty, and the power of the written word that stirs our imaginations will ever survive. I understand that language will and must evolve but it would seem that a de-evolution might be taking place in the light of the information age.

Sad really because so much more can be said with proper structure and parsing.

No wonder our schools are crappy. Because we have allowed the standard to be lowered. By apathy and complacency we have become weak in the literate global marketplace. We are 23rd in world ratings....phuquing 23rd. This is totally unacceptable.

And don't get me started on basic mathematics. We, as a nation, have become so dependant upon calculators. Well, when I was in college there was a saying..."Garbage in, garbage out". Strange how that phrase seems so applicable? And what has become of our greatness as a result of barely literate citizenry?

I am no wordsmith by any means, but I strive to at least appear intelligent. Craft my words to impart what I mean to say and use the most precise and concise way of expressing my thoughts.

If you choose to settle for less, then by all means continue your trip through grammatical hell as you see fit. May it serve you well.

minds_I

PS. Also, It really urinates me when I read words that make little to no sense and I have to decypher what it is you are trying to say.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello all,

Well you may be correct on the Internet generation not caring.

Though I have pondered, as a result of reading threads such as these, if the wonder, the beauty, and the power of the written word that stirs our imaginations will ever survive. I understand that language will and must evolve but it would seem that a de-evolution might be taking place in the light of the information age.

Sad really because so much more can be said with proper structure and parsing.

No wonder our schools are crappy. Because we have allowed the standard to be lowered. By apathy and complacency we have become weak in the literate global marketplace. We are 23rd in world ratings....phuquing 23rd. This is totally unacceptable.

And don't get me started on basic mathematics. We, as a nation, have become so dependant upon calculators. Well, when I was in college there was a saying..."Garbage in, garbage out". Strange how that phrase seems so applicable? And what has become of our greatness as a result of barely literate citizenry?

I am no wordsmith by any means, but I strive to at least appear intelligent. Craft my words to impart what I mean to say and use the most precise and concise way of expressing my thoughts.

If you choose to settle for less, then by all means continue your trip through grammatical hell as you see fit. May it serve you well.

minds_I

PS. Also, It really urinates me when I read words that make little to no sense and I have to decypher what it is you are trying to say.

Standing ovation...why people settle on ignorance is beyond me???

When I interviewed potential employees the FIRST thing I keyed on was their verbal and word command skills, any resumes with grammatical errors hit the circular file immediately!