What's new

a big fu to the spelling police.

C

chase

I am fine with the above posts , but I dont think anyone has any intention of helping anyone with there wrighting .Mostly people here are just trying to belittle others.

Im not too proud to make a mental note if someone corects my spelling..

But the issue the real issue is that people are just putting others down , & ther is nothing inteligent about that , its little of them .

If anybody out there is doing this with good intentions , then disregard this.

Elsweeto

Ah now in Fairness it's called reading comprehension, if you can't comprehend get help; if you can shut your hole and comprehend even if you have to exorcise the old grey matter sometimes, you don't know other people's problem's.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Ah now in Fairness it's called reading comprehension, if you can't comprehend get help; if you can shut your hole and comprehend even if you have to exorcise the old grey matter sometimes, you don't know other people's problem's.

Uh... exercise. "Exorcise" throws out the baby with the bathwater.

Who cares , your convaying a message. If someones so anal then get a job tutering colledge kids .None of the spelling is making the posts unreadible .I havent read anything here that was writen so poorly ,that evan grade school children could read , & understand.lol Hope the wife doesnt see this..

Besides I thought that the internet generation looked down on proper spelling , & grammer.

F.U spelling police .

I'm available Tues. & Thurs.

The_More_You_Know.jpg

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
elsweeto,

since you left me a message because you wanted to be schooled on how the spanish language is harder than english, I'll give you two simple examples that proves so:

in english, words have no gender, for example, you say:

The Red House

The Red Car

in spanish you say:

La Casa Roja (La is the feminine of The, and Roja the feminine of Red, because House/Casa in spanish is Feminine)

El Carro Rojo (El is the masculine of The, and Rojo the masculine of Red, Carro/Car being masculine)

in english is all the same, regardless. way more simple without question.

in english, regardless of gender of the noun, you always use The. in contrast, in spanish, it needs to match the gender of the noun as well as of the adjective.

another example, the future tense.

in english you say:

I will walk (in present tense, I walk, same verb-form).

in spanish you say:

Yo caminare (in present tense, Yo camino, a different verb-form)

we could go on and on and on about this...

what about To Be vs. Ser y Estar? now that gives most english speaking peeps a mind-fuck when trying to learn spanish...

hopefully you have gained a little perspective now and will stop neg-repping people out of ignorance.

:wave:

Elsweeto

elsweeto,

since you left me a message because you wanted to be schooled on how the spanish language is harder than english, I'll give you two simple examples that proves so:

in english, words have no gender, for example, you say:

The Red House

The Red Car

in spanish you say:

La Casa Roja (La is the feminine of The, and Roja the feminine of Red, because House/Casa in spanish is Feminine)

El Carro Rojo (El is the masculine of The, and Rojo the masculine of Red, Carro/Car being masculine)

in english is all the same, regardless. way more simple without question.

in english, regardless of gender of the noun, you always use The. in contrast, in spanish, it needs to match the gender of the noun as well as of the adjective.

another example, the future tense.

in english you say:

I will walk (in present tense, I walk, same verb-form).

in spanish you say:

Yo caminare (in present tense, Yo camino, a different verb-form)

we could go on and on and on about this...

what about To Be vs. Ser y Estar? now that gives most english speaking peeps a mind-fuck when trying to learn spanish...

hopefully you have gained a little perspective now and will stop neg-repping people out of ignorance.

:wave:

I neg repped you because your bringing a point to the table and then telling people to do they're own research when they question you. That's not how it works mate if your saying shit back it up.
I really have no time for pissing about who speaks the harder language; my dick is bigger than that.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I neg repped you because your bringing a point to the table and then telling people to do they're own research when they question you. That's not how it works mate if your saying shit back it up.
I really have no time for pissing about who speaks the harder language; my dick is bigger than that.

like you can see, I did not neg rep you, nor intend to; nor did I want to start a pissing contest on which of the two languages is more difficult; specially when such info is freely available to anyone truly interested in knowing. and btw, it was not me who brought up the subject nor any claim; it was another poster to whom I replied to correct.

such a subject has been discussed academically tons of times and the fact is that there's really no debate since it is evident that spanish is more difficult than english.

whether you speak english, spanish or mandarin, makes no difference and is no measure of anyone's intelligence or dick size for that matter, why you feel such a way is not interesting to me, but as the other subject, it is evident though.

be good now.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From my traveling overseas and such and dealing with a lot of ESL people I've come to understand and believe that English is one of the more difficult languages to learn because there are so many idioms (by far the most in any language), colloquialisms, and rule nuances.

Yes, you must conjugate verbs in spanish and follow gender rules, but these rules are pretty straight forward and actually make the language easier to learn and understand. In essence Spanish is a more structured language.

To say there is no debate on this...........and that Spanish has been deemed conclusively more difficult by scholars is well.....................seriously?

Elsweeto

Yes but you twisted the context of what was said to express your belief that Spanish is the more difficult language (a matter I have no opinion on as I believe it moot).
When this was questioned in a polite fashion you replied with and I'm paraphrasing "do your own homework".
In the real world when you say something you should have information ready to back it up otherwise even if you happen to be right your still pulling it out of your ass.
As for the rep I had to put up with similar methodology from you in the past so I let you know you're wrong and why.. That's what neg rep is for informing people of things you disapprove of; it says so where you write the comment. Having said that there are people here who give neg rep for nothing and that's not right either. I have done it twice I'm not one of them.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
From my traveling overseas and such and dealing with a lot of ESL people I've come to understand and believe that English is one of the more difficult languages to learn because there are so many idioms (by far the most in any language), colloquialisms, and rule nuances.

Yes, you must conjugate verbs in spanish and follow gender rules, but these rules are pretty straight forward and actually make the language easier to learn and understand. In essence Spanish is a more structured language.

To say there is no debate on this...........and that Spanish has been deemed conclusively more difficult by scholars is well.....................seriously?

well, whether you agree with it or not, the studies have been made, that show that spanish grammar is more difficult than english grammar. so yeah, seriously.

or the same, hungarian is more difficult than spanish, or basque being one complex sob to learn. these are settled issues, no point arguing over them, that's just the way things are; don't like it? who cares.

you can claim all you want about colloquialism and nuances, but all languages have them, and they become more difficult to understand within a language that has a more complex grammar than english, so there's no point of bringing these up to the table.

there's a ton of info on these subjects to be found on the internet, no need to take my word when anyone truly interested can look it up for themselves. as my first post on the subject suggested.

later gators.