What's new

a big fu to the spelling police.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
From my traveling overseas and such and dealing with a lot of ESL people I've come to understand and believe that English is one of the more difficult languages to learn because there are so many idioms (by far the most in any language), colloquialisms, and rule nuances.

Yes, you must conjugate verbs in spanish and follow gender rules, but these rules are pretty straight forward and actually make the language easier to learn and understand. In essence Spanish is a more structured language.

To say there is no debate on this...........and that Spanish has been deemed conclusively more difficult by scholars is well.....................seriously?

yeah you are right gramps.. its just that its really easy for people of latin/germanic based languages to pick up poor quality pigeon english..

for a russian or chinese person etc its completely alien and they could learn anything as easily..

its so subjective on so many levels because of the backgorund of so many languages, to say that its proven is well stupid..

and a french/portuguese/italian would be able to speak spanish to a higher level than english imo..

joe guy

I may be just gettn a lil buzzed here but WHO THE FUCK CARES what is harder to learn... I'm a fuckin stoner and watch a shit load of tv and two words for all u out there debating some bullshit... roseeta stone.... "I learned fuck faceennse today in 9 hours"... it may be the red neck in me but all that needs to be known is the language that is used where u live... if ur not from there and don't speak the toung get the fuck out u don't belong there are computers with 3d shit if u wana see some fuckin moutain in another country save the carbon foot print and look it up with ur 3d glasses and fancy shit computer and save a buch of fuckin people a huge headach... I hate forners askin me shit in broken ass english.... I don't travel cause all I speak is english.. if I wanna see moutains I go north if I wana see beach I go south desert fuck I just drive....

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
it may be the red neck in me but all that needs to be known is the language that is used where u live... if ur not from there and don't speak the toung get the fuck out u don't belong there are computers with 3d shit if u wana see some fuckin moutain in another country save the carbon foot print and look it up with ur 3d glasses and fancy shit computer and save a buch of fuckin people a huge headach... I hate forners askin me shit in broken ass english.... I don't travel cause all I speak is english.. if I wanna see moutains I go north if I wana see beach I go south desert fuck I just drive....

only one country you could be from lol

and your old lady has bad breath. so i didnt kiss her

Hey Vibrator Crust Head or VCH for now on.

I am gonna start a club here on ICMag called: Sabotage Superman's Grow Group. Or S.S.G.G. for short.
Duct tape is silver and silence is golden. Now go use some of that tape on your own mouth and do us all a favor.

SM, speaking of your girl friend, what ever happened to that transvestite lawyer thread any how?

Ni hao

Lx

lex. you can get fake hair and a penis implant. but you will never be superman. peace

VCH and everybody,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UU38jhlEo4

Ya, know if you sing along with that Kinks song and replace the lyrics with:

Lex Luthor, Lex Luthor. I wanna lie like Lex Luthor.
Lex Luthor, Lex Luthor. I wanna lie like Lex Luthor.
Does he have hair? Why do we care? we wanna lie like Lex Luthor.
He's got style, he's got class, unlike Superman, who is an ass.

It sounds so much better.

However I found the song below for my theme song, but it sucks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DohbZlNecQ

They make a song about me and it sucks. A shit!

Ni hao
Lx

devilgoob

Veteran
Whether you agree with it or not, Spanish is harder. The studies said so, it's not your opinion. It's never people's opinions when you have a graph that say what is hard and not!

English is the harder one, because you're wrong no matter your beliefs or what charts you have to back up your own beliefs.

Chinese is super-fucking hard, because they have 10,000 or more different characters.

Well,if translation to other languages(presumably English) plays a role,Greek is difficult for the simple fact they have less letters in their alphabet,hence less potential sound combinations.German is another along with Russian.

Hard languages,verbally hard.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fuck you both........ Klingon is MUCH tougher to learn!

picture.php