What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5x8 Purpose built perpetual room construction and grow log. 400W HPS NFT gully system

strydr

how cool would it be to put one of these puppies on the door.
1TouchIQ2_BN_Front_Finger_v2_med.jpg

hmm only $199USD..could get a pair of labcoats to hang there too.
product page

Still reading through your log, but wanted to let you know these fingerprint readers are very hackable. There is even a Mythbusters EP where they show you just how easy it is to hack..

Also, if you are looking for cam software that is iPhone compatible, look at iCam. I have it running on a Mac Mini, but the software is Win. compatible as well. It was pretty cheap, I think $2.99.. You can watch on your iPhone/iPad, or from a web browser.

*Edit- Just finished reading, and am glad you chose to just use a regular door lock. Nice job on the room buildout, and GL with the NL's.

OvergrowingKiwi

Thanks for stopping in guys heres an update day 10 of hydro :)
I did my first reservoir change 2 days ago. I'd have to say the first two weeks were the hardest to maintain the reservoir.. I started off with 1/2 strength in 15 litres and after a couple of days the roots were sucking up the water really fast and some water evaporation was also going on. The res must have got a bit too strong as my EC went over 1 and the plants showed some burn. I topped up the res to 20 litres with ph adjusted water and within a few hours things were looking better. I'm now topping up back to 20 litres with PHed water every day and a light nute topup every other day. Every 4th day or so I'm adding a couple of drops of H2o2. The new res mix has 1ml 3% h2o2/litre and just over half strength nutes. I'm still top feeding some of the smaller ones once a day.

I'm using aquarium grade ph up & down and 3% h2o2.. I'll be upgrading to hydro grade stuff in the future hehe

attachment.php

fresh new mix ready for some vegging

attachment.php

this plant keeps trying to dip it's roots in the res. this is one of the less established ones.

attachment.php

might get a bubbler at some point could use some more aeration. the h2o2 should help tho.

attachment.php

having some good luck with my tap water. It drops down to 6.1 after adding nutes so haven't needed much ph down.

attachment.php

Just a container...Using this to mix my replacement res water will turn it into a bubbler or aerocloner or something

attachment.php

Really noticed an increase in growth since the res change two days ago.

attachment.php

shame about the burn but things are looking healthier.

attachment.php

It's sitting around 70F and it's early spring. I'm guessing it will hit 80 max hopefully. My fans are running half speed I can turn them up if necessary

attachment.php

mother before prune

attachment.php

after haircut lol if she doesn't go hermie on me she will be a serious bush. I hated doing it but it had to be done. She was suffocating in there

Attachments

• res.jpg
    res.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 12
  • haircut.jpg
    haircut.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 9
  • mother_overgrown.jpg
    mother_overgrown.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 15
  • clonedef.jpg
    clonedef.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 12
  • clones.jpg
    clones.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 12
  • meterspider.jpg
    meterspider.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 11
  • airation.jpg
    airation.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 10
  • roots.jpg
    roots.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 12
  • temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 10
  • preres.jpg
    preres.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 9
Awesome bro! Time to bud? Gotta be careful in those NFT setups otherwise if the plants get too big they're an arse to keep the little green pot from being pulled out by the plant falling over.

What nutes are you running? Looks awesome all the same! Cant wait to see some nugs in there!

OvergrowingKiwi

Awesome bro! Time to bud? Gotta be careful in those NFT setups otherwise if the plants get too big they're an arse to keep the little green pot from being pulled out by the plant falling over.

What nutes are you running? Looks awesome all the same! Cant wait to see some nugs in there!

Might give them another two weeks and start flowing next res dump. I'm tempted to top them and bush them out a bit. I was thinking of tying the pots to the gullies if they try to tip over. I'm running sog noob nutes at the mo I like the look of the house and garden range too. It looks like it's 1 part. sogs are two part. I like the idea of keeping the components separate not sure if there is any benefit to two part tho.

Not long until nuggs. It's going to be a merry xmas this year hehe

attachment.php

Yeah interested in the house and garden nutes myself. Wasn't too impress that there wasn't grow and bloom, not cool in my opinion. What about Growzilla and Budzilla from SOG? They seam alright, gotta be better than a 1 part nutrient?

Just my opinion anyway, plants look killer! Never really seen people do bushes in NFT could be interesting!

Good luck!

OvergrowingKiwi

Yeah interested in the house and garden nutes myself. Wasn't too impress that there wasn't grow and bloom, not cool in my opinion. What about Growzilla and Budzilla from SOG? They seam alright, gotta be better than a 1 part nutrient?

Just my opinion anyway, plants look killer! Never really seen people do bushes in NFT could be interesting!

Good luck!

Sorry bro I think ya misunderstood me. The sog nutes are actually 2 part. They come with two individual packs of powder in each bag which makes up the A & B.

I might be reading the site wrong but from the looks of it the house and garden only has one part hydro nutes? one bottle grow and one bottle bloom.

day 15 of vege plants are coming along. I'm topping them tonight.
I really need to step up my nute strength. Will be going up to full strength when I change the res day after tomorrow. Plants are drinking about 2 litres a night and the EC keeps dropping by .10

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• leaf.jpg
    leaf.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 10
  • clonesall.jpg
    clonesall.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 11

OvergrowingKiwi

Been hanging out in the growroom again. Topped all of them except the small one. The small one was the main stem from the mother.

attachment.php

my favorite can't wait for this one to bush out. Drooping a little after having her head chopped off.

attachment.php
attachment.php

strange top clone. Looking forward to seeing how it buds.

attachment.php

some might think it's a little over the top but seems like a good idea to keep a calendar. I'm recording everything :p helps me keep up with what I'm doing. Also interesting to see how the EC and Ph change over time and will help with my future grows.

Attachments

• clonerecent3.jpg
    clonerecent3.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 10
  • clonerecent2.jpg
    clonerecent2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 10
  • clonerecent1.jpg
    clonerecent1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 11
  • clonerecent4.jpg
    clonerecent4.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 8

rocket high

Veteran
you might need to build a small screen to hold them or they will fall like dominos like mine done a few years ago ... it upset me to see them on their side . so now i use a screen and everything is easier now . looking good there ojk .

S

stony2

btw the burns look more like potassium deficiency to me. trust me, ive had them 3 times in a row now with my new setup and i know for sure what they look like ;)

Looking awesome bro! Had to pull all my girls down due to a little bit of mold. Your girls are looking epic! Bet you can wait to see some buds! How does your room do at staying quiet? Nothing worse than when people at my house ask to use the toilet, cause you can hear all the fans as soon as you step into my hallway!

Also be REAL careful with calenders. When I got raided they found a calender that pointed out that I had pulled 5 harvests in the previous year! Bugger! It all came up in court and made things much worse for me.

OvergrowingKiwi

you might need to build a small screen to hold them or they will fall like dominos like mine done a few years ago ... it upset me to see them on their side . so now i use a screen and everything is easier now . looking good there ojk .

Thats true. I'm going to build somekind of screen frame this weekend. Might go with pvc if it's not too expensive.

btw the burns look more like potassium deficiency to me. trust me, ive had them 3 times in a row now with my new setup and i know for sure what they look like ;)

It's a possibility. Although it seemed to correct itself once I changed out my res so I'm not sure what it was. I think my starting res mix may have been on the strong side.

Looking awesome bro! Had to pull all my girls down due to a little bit of mold. Your girls are looking epic! Bet you can wait to see some buds! How does your room do at staying quiet? Nothing worse than when people at my house ask to use the toilet, cause you can hear all the fans as soon as you step into my hallway!

speaking of mold I noticed some white mold on the rockwool cubes today and some creeping up a stem. I sprayed the lower half of the plant with micro kill so hopefully it's not a serious issue. I'm lucky with my location it's away from the house so I forget it's there most of the time. My rooms insulated and I've rubber sealed the door which is blocking out an amazing amount of noise. Inside it's like a jet engine is fired up lol I've been considering getting one of those silencers from sog. I've had growrooms in the house tho and can relate haha it's a pain when ya have visitors over and you can hear that faint growroom humm in the background. Cheers for the heads up on the calendar thing, it may have been you I read about calendars being used as evidence. I'll be sure to throw away each page after the month is through.

heres an update on the plants day 21 of vege. topping and crushing is doing it's thing. this time next week I'll be flowering I've never had fan leaves grow this big on such small plants :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

stay tuned :watchplant:

Attachments

• IMG_1352.jpg
    IMG_1352.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1346.jpg
    IMG_1346.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 12
J

juicepuddle

Looks great love seeing the progress from beginning to end, thanks for bringing us all along with you!

:respect:

OvergrowingKiwi

Looks great love seeing the progress from beginning to end, thanks for bringing us all along with you!

:respect:

thanks for coming along :)

day 22 of vege 3 more days until flowering begins. have been topped a second time things are getting bushy :) have also cleaned out the lower branches to give them some breathing room.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• growth1.jpg
    growth1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 11
  • growth2.jpg
    growth2.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 10

rocket high

Veteran
those are big fan leafs huh ... the only plant that got leafs that size were my passion #1 plants that grew 10 years ago, they use to wave at me around the cupboard door lol

i use little 4 inch black and white squares for the tops of my rockwool blocks, that stops mold and alge growing and its dead cheap to do, no need for cube caps those are a rip off.

looking good kw ;)

swampy_nz

great to see more kiwis on here.
good looking grow dude.i remember using those gullys way back in 95.:)
where did you get your ph/cf meter from?

cheers

OvergrowingKiwi

thanks for the advice about the screen rocket high :) I would have died if I they fell over. welcome swampy.

After checking out the shocking price of retail PVC pipe in my country I decided to go with a thin wooden frame some 6mm dowels and some gardening twine. This is what I came up with. It's 1.2m x .8m / 4 x 3 feet

picture.php

The top of the screen is removable.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Changed out the 20 litre res today. 80ml grow 20ml bloom 30ml h2o2

I'm scheduled to start 12/12 tomorrow but I'm thinking of waiting until they all hit the screen. What do you guys reckon? :) The trays are still looking clear and the roots are looking healthy. I think there s still room in there.

peace

tricky1

Generally there will be about 3 weeks which will stretch since you start 12/12, about another 40%+ , strain related.

:tiphat: