What's new

5x8 Purpose built perpetual room construction and grow log. 400W HPS NFT gully system

DUGG

alright OGK how those gurls looking now? still on the mend? whats the PH and EC up to of late

OvergrowingKiwi

alright OGK how those gurls looking now? still on the mend? whats the PH and EC up to of late

They are looking great. PH has been on the low side dropping to 5.4. This morning when I checked on them they had taken up 6 litres of water and the EC had risen to 1.5 but dropped back down to 1.2 after topup. Currently PH is sitting at 5.9.
Going to take clones this evening and make the switch to 12/12. I'll take the some snapshots the girls have exploded.

I've been working on an entry into the icmag logo/banner competition. click for animation :p I've used the large leaves from this grow :)

Alt link: http://overgrowingkiwi.hostpo.net/

picture.php

picture.php

DUGG

awesome 6L sounds like those roots are back up and running!! ... 5.4 is still good i wouldnt worry about it dipping down around that mark every now and again as long as you keep them floating around 5.5-5.9 i dont think youll have any probs in the future... ill keep an eye out for those pics.... that logos pretty cool mate

OvergrowingKiwi

Day 1 of flower :) I've taken about 20 clones the strongest will be the new mother. The old one is loving her new spot can't wait to see all those shoots flowering.

Changed res today. Just over half strength and upped the micro slightly. Got the numbers right where I want them. Will be doing what I can to keep the stretching down over the next 2 weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

the motherbush
picture.php

picture.php

DUGG

hey there OGK i need a new air pump for an experiment what brand/model/spec is your new one? what it set you back

OvergrowingKiwi

wow they grow fast and healthy your screen looks full now you should have a great yield off of that ;)
Yeah it's pretty full was aiming to get a shoot in each hole but kinda lost track :p The roots keep dipping into the res but I've been poking them back up daily lol

hey there OGK i need a new air pump for an experiment what brand/model/spec is your new one? what it set you back

pump is just a cheapie aquaone 160L/hr with dual airstone pack which comes with hose and tee. cost about $20 bucks from sog all together :)

OvergrowingKiwi

day 5 12/12

day 5 12/12

Getting some explosive growth. Day 5 12/12

Next generation of clones is looking well. Trimmed off a lot more vege matter this time.

Soaked a bagseed I found in h2o2/water overnight and it popped. Put it into rockwool and put with the clones. The mother plant is also exploding.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DUGG

looks like you have it pretty well dailed in now .... its all gravy .. +1 point for the aviators again

Mr.Farmer

Dude, that was awesome!! I was on the verge of calling in sick to work this morning. Once I found your journal and started reading, it took me all of 5 seconds to get on the phone, then fire one up. LOL.

Anyway, you've given me a ton of ideas. Thanks for putting out such an inspirational and informative thread.

Could you tell me how loud your intake vents are from the outside of the room? Can you hear the air being sucked in with that light-proof box?

OvergrowingKiwi

it'll be great to see some buds fill that screen ... do you think they will stretch much ?

They are stretching quite a lot but not uncontrollably. Just over a week into flowering now so I'm expecting another two weeks of stretch :p

Dude, that was awesome!! I was on the verge of calling in sick to work this morning. Once I found your journal and started reading, it took me all of 5 seconds to get on the phone, then fire one up. LOL.

Anyway, you've given me a ton of ideas. Thanks for putting out such an inspirational and informative thread.

Could you tell me how loud your intake vents are from the outside of the room? Can you hear the air being sucked in with that light-proof box?

I'm glad you enjoyed my thread :) Hope ya didn't get in trouble for taking the day off :p

The noise is quite loud. I'm lucky my location is away from everything. I'd say it sounds like a dryer is running inside but it's the kind of white noise that dissipates the further you get away. On a quite night I can hear the faintest hum about 10 meters away but if I move further away it blends in with all the other white noise. The cool tube makes the most noise but only runs from 4:20pm to 4:20am. I think it's a good idea to have the room at it's quietest during the early morning hours as this is when it's generally quieter in the suburbs and there's less chance of the strange noise being noticed by my neighbors. But still my growroom is not letting out any smell so they can't put 2/2 together. I'd rather have a noisy growroom than a smelly one.

Big thanks to DUGG for his spot on advice :) Plants are looking healthy.

picture.php

picture.php

rocket high

Veteran
There real big now ogk... you have created a monster lol you might even need to add another light to keep up with them i know its extra faffing about ... but looking good ;)

what ec are you on now ..with those powderd ferts?