What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5x8 Purpose built perpetual room construction and grow log. 400W HPS NFT gully system

OvergrowingKiwi

Root-zone temp 27C/80F :D Sweet as.. Come on roots :p

attachment.php

Attachments

• meter.jpg
    meter.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 9

rocket high

Veteran
looking good OGK has your mother got mg def she looks kind of weird ..
ive started my nirvana bluemystics beans in 1 inch rockwool cubes with no nutes just PHed water about 5.5 and they are looking ok still in the very early stages tho ..im trying to find a good pheno to make a good mother ,i'll see how it goes ,ive still not built up my room yet which is bad news ...but am waiting on workers fixing my loft but they are taking they're time ..lazy gits .

nice set up OGK will keep an eye on this ;)

OvergrowingKiwi

looking good OGK has your mother got mg def she looks kind of weird ..
ive started my nirvana bluemystics beans in 1 inch rockwool cubes with no nutes just PHed water about 5.5 and they are looking ok still in the very early stages tho ..im trying to find a good pheno to make a good mother ,i'll see how it goes ,ive still not built up my room yet which is bad news ...but am waiting on workers fixing my loft but they are taking they're time ..lazy gits .

nice set up OGK will keep an eye on this ;)

Cheers bro good luck with those blue mystics my male was looking really nice. The mother was looking weird she is looking better after her prune. I was being a little overgenerous with the nutes. I'm using the hydro nutes that came with my kit. Comes in powder form and mixes up to makes 2 part grow and boom.

attachment.php

Attachments

• smallnutes.jpg
    smallnutes.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 8

rocket high

Veteran
ive thought about using powdered nutes too but they dont seem readily available here in the uk its all liquid nutes apart from the odd bloom booster.. i use GH 3 part which does the job but i thought Growth Technology's Ionic was simpler to use and cheaper.

I take it your just waiting on your clones to root now ... the boring bit of growing i think

Good luck OJK

OvergrowingKiwi

Been doing strange things to the mother.. It's nice to have a plant to experiment with. Trying to keep it away from the 250w hps. The diagonal repotting helped. A lot of new shoots popping up. I've been breaking and bending the top shoots to force the plant to focus on lower branches. Also trimming some leaves to make them focus on the new shoots. The canopy is looking pretty even now. It's surprising how quickly the plant recovers and just how much abuse it can take. Something has had a munch of one of my leaves have yet to find it. Wonder how the hell it got in there.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Clones are looking sad today. I gave them a mist hopefully they perk up.. Has been about 3 days since they were taken.

attachment.php

Attachments

• clones.jpg
    clones.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 10
  • motherlarge4.jpg
    motherlarge4.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 9
  • motherlarge3.jpg
    motherlarge3.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 9
  • motherlarge2.jpg
    motherlarge2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 9
  • motherlarge.jpg
    motherlarge.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 10

DUGG

they do look like those clones have alot of vegitive matter on there.. might take a lil longer to kick off like that but im sure they will come right

OvergrowingKiwi

Clones are looking happier today(day4) Some yellowing of the lower leaves which is to be expected. Will trim those off tomorrow.

attachment.php

Really cannot wait to get the hydro going. I plan to run the pump 10 minutes every hour. Only my timer can only have 10 settings. Anyone else run into this problem? What cycle would you guys recommend? What about running the pump solid for the 12 hours of light?

peace

Attachments

• clones.jpg
    clones.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 9

DUGG

im a soil fan but have run hydro before ran pump at 15min per hr ... but with NFT im sure you can run your pump 24/7 just make sure you have an air stone etc running in the res tank ...

theres lots of options just depends on what medium you use, size of pots and what type of hydro system you use.... im sure someone on here with more hydro exp then me will chime in with some help??.... what timer are you running digital?

StrangeProgram

Running the pump 24/7 will help to introduce oxygen to the nutrition mix and keep the water nice and fresh and it wont hurt the plants at all.

Looking awesome bro! Those clones shoot root any day now. Hydro's gonna be wicked, any idea on what nutes you're gonna use? SOG's started selling House and Garden just lately which are apparently where it's at, Canna's also pretty mean. NFT cranks, it'll be all mean seeing 8 healthy woodstock 440 nugs sitting in that rig.

rocket high

Veteran
Running the pump 24/7 will help to introduce oxygen to the nutrition mix and keep the water nice and fresh and it wont hurt the plants at all.

yep 24/7 with forced air is the way to go because if you turn the flow off the roots will dehydrate and that will cause all sorts of problems for you .

your clones will be fine they usually look ok after 3 or so days ..

good luck ;)

OvergrowingKiwi

It's been 8 days so I pulled apart a cube to check on one of them. Got some roots beginning to grow there. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've been experimenting with stem crushing and tucking as opposed to pruning. I'm really impressed so far. The plant takes about a day or two to recover and the diversion of growth is awesome. My lower branches are now main stems. When they heal they heal stronger and phatter than before. Almost got an even canopy going.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• crush2.jpg
    crush2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 8
  • crush.jpg
    crush.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 9
  • motherbush.jpg
    motherbush.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 8
  • roots.jpg
    roots.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 9
  • clone.jpg
    clone.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 8

DUGG

hi OGK i also use this technique on my sativas to control stretch i just pinch the stem youll here a pop sound and thats all it takes every thing below the pinch will take off and the pinch will repair in a matter of a few days

OvergrowingKiwi

hey guys got an update. The plants have been busy hehe

Clones started showing roots from the bottom of the cubes a couple of days ago(day 12). I started circulating the hydro to make sure the ph was stable. using 1/4 strength nutes and keeping the ph around 6..I'm going to drop below 6 once they get more established.
Today I planted them :D I gave the clay balls a good rinse before planting unfortunately I ran slightly short and couldn't fill my last pot. Feels good to see the perpetual system up and running. The mother turning out to be quite the bush.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

In their new home. The clones with yellow lower leaves grew bigger root balls

attachment.php

a shot of the nicest looking one :) looking happy

attachment.php

the mother has gone crazy. I'm topping/bending/crushing/training and she loves it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

main stem is almost 2 inches wide

attachment.php

I'm starting to trust the soil ph meter. It matches the runoff and its also doubling as a moisture meter as it heads to neutral as it drys.

Just a shot of the overal perpetual system to finish off I'll probably plant the left over clones in soil and throw them in there somewhere :p Time to grow some dank sinsemilla.

attachment.php

Attachments

• phmeter.jpg
    phmeter.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 9
  • trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 9
  • woah.jpg
    woah.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 8
  • motherovergrow.jpg
    motherovergrow.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 9
  • perpetual.jpg
    perpetual.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 10
  • nfttrays.jpg
    nfttrays.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 7
  • meter.jpg
    meter.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0843.jpg
    IMG_0843.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 7
  • clonecloseup.jpg
    clonecloseup.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 6
Mean! Hey bro just a word of advice...Stay away from the flairform PH down they sell in NZ hydro shops. Its SHIT! It's citric acid and a little bit of researching these forums will show you its effects are incredibly short lived and within hours the PH drifts up again. I strugled for ages with it until I found a PH down that was phosphoric acid, much better.

What nutes are you using? That new line of H&G from SOG looks awesome. Or why not try Canna I find that canna PH never needs fidling with as it always stays at 6.2 constantly.

Anyway looking wicked bro. They'll TAKE OFF in hydro you'll be stunned. Good luck!

rocket high

Veteran
Looking good there OJK nice white roots ... and your mother plant looks a lot healthier too .

Do they stock Growth Technology products at your hydro shop ..if they do their PH down is cheap and it's not citric acid ..it's phosphoric acid .

My nirvana blue mystic's are all mutants and no roots in sight" im pissed off at that " my BOG Blue Moon Rocks is looking the part tho so nirvana have dropped the ball with that batch ..pitty

Good luck OJK;)

Latest posts

Latest posts