What's new

4k coco vs UC

St3ve

More420 - depending on how you're designing it, it will probably be comparable to a UC. UC is just a trademark name for a modified RDWC that pulls water through instead of pushing it. (like what most RDWC do)

TLDR: UnderCurrent is merely a super charged Recirculating DWC system that by way of design is far superior in almost every single way to regular RDWC and DWC.

LOL so, do you work for them or something? I don't know what you're referring to when you say "far superior in almost every single way". Aside from how it turns the water over it is exactly a RDWC.

paperchaser825

More420 - depending on how you're designing it, it will probably be comparable to a UC. UC is just a trademark name for a modified RDWC that pulls water through instead of pushing it. (like what most RDWC do)

LOL so, do you work for them or something? I don't know what you're referring to when you say "far superior in almost every single way". Aside from how it turns the water over it is exactly a RDWC.

I work for a contractor. I wasn't trying to promote the Under Current system, merely explain the difference from a design perspective. If you peruse the stickies in the hydro section you will see the designs for most, not including the BioBuckets, use small return lines not suitable for the high rate of flow I mentioned. Again, I was merely trying to explain to someone, who asked specifically about the Under Current system, what the advantages were over the RDWC and DWC systems I have seen. That's not to say you couldn't design a RDWC system with large return lines and large feed lines, you can. I just haven't seen it done and was speaking from my own experience. I guess I should have called it a Water Culture system? Though that's not really descriptive. Maybe you can give me a better name to generally describe that type of system? Maybe you could also show me a system, besides the biobuckets, that recirculates it's entire volume as quickly as this system, whose general description slips my mind I guess, in RDWC form. Again, I haven't seen one personally. :tiphat:

BigGreen

Veteran
Its going great. Put in 6 hrs today 5 man. I have about 6 coco plants left. I cant wait to get to the UC its gonna be so easy with them donkey dicks.

I took a bunch of pics and I will take a bunch more and get them up when Im done.
Shit got me f ed up trimming its potent and stanky as hell

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Can't wait to see pics!!! How long is it taking you to trim one plant?

Did you weigh any trimmed plants wet to give u a rough idea on a finished weight?

BigGreen

Veteran
Update day 62 coco harvest

Update day 62 coco harvest

Its sad to say but the UC has fuc--in smashed the coco in every way

The coco is bomb but not near as much weight.

Coco day 62

I have the coco big momma all dried and in turkey bag, just shy 1/2#
Dont have a clue on the rest but I can tell you I have never seen my UC do this well.

BigGreen

Veteran
UC day 65

UC day 65

I cut all the big colas off the plants and left the lowers,, gonna let them go til Monday.

UC day 65

Ill get some killer harvest photos. I have never seen this much meds in my room ever. Quality is top notch burn your eye when you trim,, and theres a lot of donkeys

Enjoy
BG

BigGreen

Veteran
Thanks
Thinking of going back to two UCs next round,,,, with tea
Pretty sure the co2 is what helped get these sooo big I love the stuff,,, wont grow with out it

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
not sad to say at all.... glad to see the experiment. Undercurrent is the way to go huh...
get back to us with final #'s !! those plants look great btw

paperchaser825

Thanks
Thinking of going back to two UCs next round,,,, with tea

Can you elaborate a bit on this, please? I have seen pictures of people using teas, in coco, before and after use. Obviously, it's not even a comparison. My main concerns are implementation in a hydro system. Is it messy? Is it hard to clean? Do I drain my rez and run tea only or add tea to the rez? Thanks for your work here. :ying:

BigGreen

Veteran
Im going to do weekly change outs. I will add the tea once a week with fresh nutes straight into the UC. No mess no fuss

BigGreen

Veteran
Co2 and CS nutes for the win. No dam bugs perfect enviro at all times = success

Im not sure what the coco yielded but the buds are killer. Its just that the UC has soooo many more big ass donkeys its sick

Led the UC has never been a slouch always yielding me 3-3.5 #s per 2k without co2

zephyrcat

new here. grew a good bit back in the 90's, finally started back up & everything is new all over again.... this grow of yours was phenomenal!! great work, love the set up, thanks for sharing > :) :) :) !!

Ironhead2

What kind of C02 setup are you using? If the bottles, how long do they usually last before needing to be changed out?

Latest posts

Latest posts