What's new

4k coco vs UC

Hey how have you been? I'm attempting to mock your scrog. I see that u hit them with the screen at the beginning of flower instead of training them during veg. So the screen filled out because of the stretch.. correct? I flipped last night and my screen was to high so I'm trying to figure out exactly where to place it.

-Old School

down2grow

BG,

Bumping this thread cause I have a couple of questions on the OGbiowar. Sorry if it's been asked before and I might have missed it. When you're using the foliar/root tea in veg with the sea green, are you adding that in addition with your base nutes and other additives? Or just the tea and sea green for one day then continue on with your regular schedule for the week? Also, I think I read that you add the nute pack into the coco when you transplant. What is your application rate per gallon of coco? I've been battling these damn fungus gnats for a while so I'm hoping the bennies will kill them off and benefit the grow as well. If not BG hopefully somebody can help me out. Thanks

D2G

joe-brand

Back a page for update pictures

Once a day for 2 minutes

Do you get any run off at that feed time? Its good to make sure your getting good run of. not sure the math. What ppm are you feeding them? do you take a in and out reading ever? I try and do it once a week even if im running dtw.

Ive recycled many runs with the exact same coco top feed 4x8 set up as you. just have a 40 or 50 gall rez and when its low and needs to be changed about ten days depend on rm temps how big your plants are etc. When I set rooms up like this and teach people I havw them hand water fluch with just ph balanced ro water. then change the tank. So change tank once every ten days after I flush them well on the tenth days. Mix a new tank an wah lah lol. Ive been able to have ppm in almost the same as out . little lower if I remember. My ph has been rock solid as well.

I got away from this awhile ago and so did most of my friends But a few went back. sorry if its off topic. think I would feed 3 times a day couple hours after the lights went on once mid day lite cycle and once before they went nite nite. Never tested anything to know wich is the best.

TekFarmer

This is a great thread.

I'm a UC grower in Tents, and have been for a few years now. Love love love it.

My Issue - Most recently however I've been down for a year as I've been renting for the last 9 years and just bought a house that I've been renovating with growing in mind. I am about to build my first sealed grow room and was looking over this with interest.

My Issue - I am paranoid about hostile LEO's and court systems in my area (and rightfully so). I'd like to keep my electrical footprint to a minimum (suspicious of them working hand-in-hand with power company) and have even spent a ton of dough on Induction Lighting (Inda-Gro Pro 420 PAR's). UC's are awesome for explosive growth, high quality, ease of use, and overall production (yield). But Chillers are big power consumers. The room that I'm planning will use 5 chillers between veg and flower. 1/2hp chillers draw about 10 amps of power each. For my room I'm looking at an electrical footprint of around 80 amps overall (includes 7 Inda-Gro Pro 420 PAR Induction Lights, CO2 Burner, air and water pumps, 3 ton mini-split AC, fans, etc...). Correspondingly using Coco my math reveals around 30 amp's overall power consumption. Thats a big friggin' difference.

Why make this post? For those thinking of UC systems... they are GREAT. But due to the need to run chillers, it can kick up your power draw substantially. Food for thought mates.

TekFarmer

I would SOOOOO love to be able to find a way to make Chow Mix or Coco Mix or something else yield like the Under Current does.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a Coco-Based system yield 8 - 16 oz./plant like the UC can do? In my UC I veg for 6 weeks and train them to widen out to create a broad and even canopy. BigGreen, from this thread I can see that the veg in the Chow-Mix had better growth and size than the UC. What would you do to improve the flowering phase in Chow Mix? Are you sticking with your UC or do you see yourself transitioning over to Chow-Mix now that you've learned a few things from this initial experiment?

N

newtothiscoco

Shit is on
There going wacky. I have never had every single plant in the garden look so nice. Even the bohemuth mother, not a burnt tip just happy green

Coco got fed 7 ml aquaflakes and aptus

UC gotta change out 1 ml calimagic, 5 ml CS bloom and 1.5 uc roots

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=44068&pictureid=1053828View Image
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=44068&pictureid=1053831View Image
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=44068&pictureid=1053830View Image
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=44068&pictureid=1053832View Image
Big momma
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=44068&pictureid=1053834View Image

Co2 is at 1100 ppm, temps 81-83 rh 65-75%

hello man i love your set up :woohoo:
such a nice room is it 4 600w you got in the room 2 above each run ?:tiphat: