What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
Ok, here's something everyone can use.

Essentrics.

I've been doing this almost daily. It's also on NPR on the TV - search for it.

Miranda Esmond White was a professional ballerina in her 20's. She's now 72!

She sells her program, but she's posted plenty of free videos you won't need to buy them.

This regimen has changed my physicality!

Full Body Stretching Workout | 30-min. | with Miranda Esmonde White, Healthy Aging Expert​

try it for a couple of weeks and see if you aren't more flexible!

I'd like to see that broad doing those things while wearing MY skeleton...

I'm wearing eight decades of rough living surviving meat and crunchy parts.

I'm as flexible as a potato chip.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is a Mk III Terpenator picture of when we first discovered Cotton Candy, as well as a picture of the first 5 lb. run from the first WolfWurx Mk V.

First cotton candy run.jpg
image.jpeg

oldmaninbc

It's said that 'pneumonia is an old man's friend...' break a leg... go to hospital... pneumonia takes you out not the broken whatever.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Miranda's 'Essentrics' has all the elements one needs to 'fix' that sort of thing... it's helped me.... Flexibility is the key.
My spouse has been in the hospital twice with pneumonia, the last time, about 4 years ago, her doctor told me to contact her next of kin, she was in intensive care with machines breathing for her. She made a remarkable turn around but she will never recover from the damage done. The doctor told me she would not be so lucky again. The lack of oxygen to her brain has messed with her cognitive abilities as well.
Your right about the ill effects of pneumonia, it's a killer

I copied this off the net

As we age, falls can become more dangerous due to several factors. Here are some reasons why falls can be deadly for older adults:

1. Bone and Muscle Loss: As we get older, bone density decreases, making fractures more likely. A fall can result in a fracture, which can significantly impact a person’s independence1.
  2. Slower Reaction Times: Older adults may have slower reaction times, making it harder to catch themselves when they start to fall. If the head hits before the hand, a brain injury can occur.
  3. Worsening Eyesight and Hearing: Impaired vision and hearing can make it difficult for older individuals to spot hazards, increasing the risk of falls.
  4. Anticoagulants (Blood Thinners): Almost half of fall deaths in the 65-plus population involve head injuries. Bleeding in the brain is a concern, especially for those taking anticoagulants1.
  5. Frailty and Recovery Challenges: Recovery from serious injuries takes longer as we age, especially for frail individuals or those with other medical conditions. Hospital stays can introduce infection risks, and pain medications may affect cognition

oldmaninbc

Sounds like you are on top of things Reynard.

Nobody touches my grass but me. Not letting a industrial mower on my lawn. I don't care how bad my back is.

My lawn is a reflection of me in the neighborhood. I have a few brown spots in the front this year from winter kill.....I will be green soon.

Yup, I am anal.
You have a meticulous looking yard, speaks well of the owner.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like you are on top of things Reynard.

Nobody touches my grass but me. Not letting a industrial mower on my lawn. I don't care how bad my back is.

My lawn is a reflection of me in the neighborhood. I have a few brown spots in the front this year from winter kill.....I will be green soon.

Yup, I am anal.
I competed for best lawn one year and gave up because I live across the street from a park and get a lot of dog foot traffic, which pees on our lawn and leaves brown spots.

A female makes one spot and a continuing parade of dogs remark it.

Now I just pay to keep it trimmed and edged, while sprinkling it to keep it mostly green.

Latest posts

Latest posts