What's new

4k coco vs UC

BigGreen

Veteran
So I been wanting to give coco a go for a while so here it goes.
I swapped out one of my UCs for a 4x8 table gonna feed em top feed dtw.
Im using botanicare cocogro with a layer of growstones in the bottom of pot.
Im gonna run calmag and H&G in the rez and hand feed Aptus additves once a week.
Im also giving them a weekly OGbiowar tea with sea green and mixing the nute pack into the coco at transplant

For the UC
Im running a 8xl 13s with the full CS nutes line

So far liking the coco heres a seedling bustin roots

Im also giving them a weekly foliar tea & sea green

Enjoy
BG

BigGreen

Veteran
Thanks for stoppin in
I almost forgot this room is totally sealed Co2 mini split cooled

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
How many btu is the mini split you're using? I'm working on my new room right now and planning 24BTU for 4K non air cooled.

Love how clean the room looks, pro style.

BigGreen

Veteran
Im running a 18k btu a/c with adjust a wing hoods. Cools the room with ease I can get it down in the 60s no problem. When I set it to 80 in flower it doesnt work very hard to keep it there. Im also using bottle co2

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Looking great. I'm locked in and watching!!

I've read h&g has lots of calcium but low in magnesium. Ever thought of just adding Epsom salt instead of cal-mag? How much CalMag you using?

Also why you adding sea green to your tea instead of base nutes? Your plants are looking great by the way!!!

I just gave my 10 seedlings there first og biowar tea today. Made up one gallon. Added some coco wet when it was done and dunked my seedlings in head first. Once they got there dunk I then gave the coco a good soaking. Looking forward to seeing what happens. I must say though the week they've spent in coco now with just H&G and CalMag on first feeding and then H&G and Aptus on second feeding they look great!!! Way bigger and way nicer than those pics I showed you!! Had roots already poking out the bottom of the pots!

BigGreen

Veteran
Thanks for stoppin in everybody

LED Im only adding seagreen once a week in my tea after its done brewing. I dont wanna throw anything in my rez but base nutes, cal and drip clean, keeps it real clean and the seagreen will last a long time and its always added fresh. I am how ever foliar feeding with it mid week. For the calmag Iam running RO water and Im chicken shit to run without it. Im using 1ml per gal calimagic

Last edited:

BigGreen

Veteran
Day 13 veg 27 days total from cutting from momma

Day 13 veg 27 days total from cutting from momma

There real hungry I been neglecting them

Anyways UC looks sick hoping they go. If not mommas are going in

Coco is going and I just upped the feed to 2 ml cal mag 6 ml A & B EC 1.46 ph 5.8

They are jammin

Ill get an update mid week they should explode Im going to be adding Aptus twice a week now

Enjoy
BG

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Looking good. From all my research on H&G nutes I've read its really high in calcium and really low in magnesium. I really think you just need some Epsom salts. I hope with 2ml of cal mag that your girls don't get too much calcium and you start having lock out issues?

I'm routing for you bud! How many times you feeding a day? What's your weekly feed schedule? I know jack said he uses fascilitor and start boost every other day in veg and then Aptus just once a week in flower.

BigGreen

Veteran
Looking good. From all my research on H&G nutes I've read its really high in calcium and really low in magnesium. I really think you just need some Epsom salts. I hope with 2ml of cal mag that your girls don't get too much calcium and you start having lock out issues?

I'm routing for you bud! How many times you feeding a day? What's your weekly feed schedule? I know jack said he uses fascilitor and start boost every other day in veg and then Aptus just once a week in flower.

Sure hope it doesnt lockout. All my ppm conv .500 scale
Im running RO water with 150 ppm cal-mag and 580 ppm h&g base total 730 ppm
Im watering once a day with above mentioned for 2 minutes Tues, Wed, Sat, Sun
Im running Aptus fasilator, starboost, calmag and h&g base Mondays & Thursdays total ppm 775
Friday is Ogbiowar tea day about 1/2 cup per plant pure concentrate and then I add 2 cups to 5 gallons RO and water to run off

I really wish the UC was ready because I would like to flip these tomorrow but I cant. Im gonna keep on topping and croppin them to keep them short. If the UC aint ready by week 3 veg Im flipping anyhow and throwing mothers in place of UC

BG