What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400W HPS Scrog - 1Plant - 450gr Harvest

Kusherman

100TH POST

100TH POST

Just thought I'd make my hundredth post on a grow that has stayed in the back of my mind since I joined this site and seen it for the first time. This is a great way to grow if you have the time and patience, and also if you are low on seedstock LOL. PEACE LUV AND BUDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Wow NBG,

I remember when you started this thread. It caused me to get Chronic from Serious Seeds, looking for that 1g/w yield that you were able to get.

Now 4 years later, this thread is still going strong and I am glad to see you around NBG. Has your set up changed at all? Are you doing anything different than what you were doing 4 years ago? Hope everything is cool in your world mate. Take it easy, stay safe and keep it dank! :joint:

2Lazy

I want to say that this thread has opened my eyes. I've got to try that modDWC. I'm doing Coco right now, but sometime soon I hope to imitate to flatter.

dakin3d

NBG, I must say, Nice #$%*in' work bro... I've been trying to find something for my 400W HPS that's been sitting around, and now I know what to do w/ it. I'll try to replicate your grow w/ the exception of the nutes, since not all were listed and superthrive is pricey as hell where i'm at. I had a couple of quick q's though... What kind of material was used for your trellis in the first SCROG grow? And what exactly was the medium?: I know you listed hydroton for the bottom, diced rockwool for the main, and gravel on the top? Hope all is well, man. Impressive work, and I hope that Karma has served those $%&*ers that robbed you, as well. Stay safe, dak

SlevinK

I don't see the OP around these parts for some time now, so I'll ask all of you as I'm sure its simple enough..

What exactly is he using for the containers? According to this pix, I see a top tub, and then a tray. What is under the tray, and where did he put the airstone? Specifics? Thanks!!

Dojo

imma try this method for my first noob grow ever with bubblelicious fem...hand watering seems to be more intimate then some old clunky pump and drain system ive been researching

turbolaser4528

Veteran
AWESOME!!, looks like a hempy with an air stone added, and yielding massively. maybe there is some validity to this method after all.

I'm going to try it with coco, chunky perlite at the bottom, and a drip system t hat feeds once per day with a powerful air diffuser in the bottom, we will see how that fairs!!! :)

l8r yall

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hi folks i'm new here and this is my first post.
Here's one of the last scrogs i did, thought you might like to see.
The strain was chronic from serious seeds, vegged for 5 weeks and flowered for 8 (used GH Ripen @ the end).
It was grown in a big storage tub; the medium consisted of 2-3'' of pure hydroton in the bottom with airstone, then the majority of the tub filled with pure diced rockwool/cellmax & a layer of pebbles again on the top to keep algae at bay. I used a 400W sylvannia growlux HPS and canna substra nutes with canna pk as a boost. GH Ripen was used for the final week and the harvest total was 16oz! For ages i've been getting 12oz per 400W grow and this chronic/scrog combo has smashed my record completely:)
Any questions, just fire away :smoke:

Wow, I just wanted to say welcome to IC although you've actually been here since '05. I think it's needless to say many of us and myself included can really benefit from the knowledge of any OG members but your grow is breathtaking! I won't bother with picking your brain because you art has definitely been honed like a straight razor and that cannot be taught with just a few Q&A's but if I may ask - can we have another? :) Please.. I just want to watch you do a play by play and trust me you would have led me to the holy grail! Thankyou for sharing this with us. You are skilled!!!

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Sensenmann - yes as far as i can remember i think i germed the seed in the last days of January and flowered that particular one around the 7th march, by around the 20th May it was all harvested and dried/cured and weighed.

zeppelindood - thanks for the warm welcome, glad you like the pics :)

Fredster - cheers m8, yeah it certainly is a nice groove. So nice im seeing if i can do it again. I have another plant in exactly the same conditions about 7 days into flower at the moment, we'll see how it goes..

Here's a nug of chronic - curing is a must with this strain. The improvement over time is unreal.

wow friggen nice photo shoot mate! how long did it need to be cured for?

Latest posts

Latest posts