What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400W HPS Scrog - 1Plant - 450gr Harvest

two22s

woww
i looked in your gallery as these older pics dont display but i'm assuming i'm looking at the right girl. nuts man i want to get there.

Hey I got a question, anyone tried NBG's layered medium setup? Personally I think that is what I am going for next time. I am on DWC right now, but somehow that layer medium seems to be a lot easier.

C

Carl Carlson

I know it's a big yielding variety that NBG used, but my favorite part about this grow is the size of the nugs on the outside of the canopy. They're hit by light, but not directly under the hood. The rootball of this plant must have been massive.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Hey I got a question, anyone tried NBG's layered medium setup? Personally I think that is what I am going for next time. I am on DWC right now, but somehow that layer medium seems to be a lot easier.

I'm also curious about this, as I haven't seen a similar technique in other grows... and I haven't seen many grows as productive as this one.

superusa

I'm also curious about this, as I haven't seen a similar technique in other grows... and I haven't seen many grows as productive as this one.

This should be normal practice when using rockwool dice. you always want the bottom couple of inches to be a large diameter substance that drains easily like hydroton. As for using the hydroton on top he is just saying to keep the rockwool from growing algae, you could use a couple of inches of hydroton, or just put a cover on the pot to prevent light hitting the rw. This is how I would run an ebb and gro as well, hydroton at the bottom of the buckets for drainage, and rw dice cause it grows monsters when done right.

C

Carl Carlson

Maybe you could replace the rockwool with coco coir.

webchart2FAQs.jpg

I think the air porosity for some coco coir products is slightly higher than shown on this chart, but if it's similar to rockwool in both properties than why not? The point of the rockwool in NBG's mix was to hold water, correct?

Maybe you could replace the rockwool with coco coir.

webchart2FAQs.jpg

I think the air porosity for some coco coir products is slightly higher than shown on this chart, but if it's similar to rockwool in both properties than why not? The point of the rockwool in NBG's mix was to hold water, correct?

You are right it holds mosture and nutes for the plant. Plus he put a bubble stone at the bottom of his bucket (I've reread his posts like a billion times) Currently I am trying a scrogg grow DWC style. Next grow I am going to do a side by side in 10 gallon buckets. One will be dwc scrogg the other will be NBG's style. Personally I think for scrogg NBG's style is where it is at. Really no moving the plant under the screen like him, and you hand feed each day. Pretty damn simple if you ask me. Possibly I could just try rockwool vs coco core.

slab25

Nice Thread NBG-Master of the ScrOG.
You said you did away with the Waterfarm years ago, was there a problem based on it's functionality or is that your newer method is just a whole lot simpler? I am about to try to implement them into my garden and you are probably the only person so far that I've found that has used the Waterfarm and then switched to another method. Any insight would be helpful.

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
holy shit dude. good to see ya around.

this thread is what got me into growing single trees scrogged out. my best yet is one

chemdog under 600w, 2+ month veg, 60 day flower. 20 gal smart pot. 14+ oz. 3 x 3.

also, LA women in a 20 gallon smart pot. 2 month veg, 2 month flower, 1000w. 3 x 4.

25+oz.

about to start my SD ibl mother under 1200w, in a 20 gal smart pot. in veg still, its 4 x 4

already, and 3 ft tall. looking to scrog it out 6 x 4. maybe 2 lbs?

once again, thanks for all the inspiration, hope u r doing well and still kicking out 1+ GPW

trees!

RBDF