What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ready4

Veteran
The thing about the "roadkill skunks" that many forget, is that most of the commonly available bud was real crappy Mexican about the time "roadkill skunks" were popular.
Yeah the RKS was far, far stronger - it would whack you right across your forehead hard.
Most people were not used to such potent smoke - I remember people ( usually women people lol) asking if I had put something in it ( like some other drug).
I think the old memories, like many fond memories of back in the day strains, are quite a bit too expectant = the buzz was very potent but not that special of an effect, I think many strains today would make it seem nowhere as strong or as special. Nostalgia make sit seem better than it really was imo. Of course, I could be somewhat wrong lol And being proved wrong, in this case, would not be a bad thing ! :tiphat:

Golden Tree

Getting closer!

Pure Sulphur and jet fuel and of course ranges of that beautiful Skunk!

I feel a good start is looking and working the Chem family...and bringing in a particular Afghan male to complete the job...I've seen the closest representations along this pathway....really looking for the right male donor is going to be key!

I'd love to find the old introverted hippy with no electricity computer or cell phone...but is sitting on several Road Kill Skunks!

One love duders

GT/GBG

These are several phenos from a germination/test run
A few week to go...100% Raw Organic/Probiotic Living soil and amendments

And lots of love

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 12

Dawgfunk

Those are some beautiful ladies, gt! What strain is it? Ready4 I remember the days...I used to think the same thing! Used to just toss seeds outta so much herb, some of it really good lime green skunky brick, and loaded with seeds. Wondering what gold i tossed into the landfill...dumpstahfunk!

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Inside the Chem lineage is what people remember as RKS.
Looong story simple, RKS x Hindu Kush/Affy

Even Sam said that everyone has been smoking RKS without knowing it.

GT is the closest at putting RKS into seed (closer than OSG, methinks.)
Just ask GT's neighbors about that foul RKS smell they have to endure.
Excellent work

Golden Tree

Love you boys!

Here's to Cultivars that have your neighbours calling animal control to complain about those goddammed winter skunks that are obviously out of hibernation early???? Lol

One love to all the skunk hunters

GT/GBG

No one is closer than Dominion in my humble opinion...that guy is special

highsteppa

Veteran
I’m running a plant I found in Hawaiian strawberry web indica seed that’s the skunkiest stuff I’ve ever grown. In the realm of chem D but nastier and more skunky. I do remember Rks from ‘92(short time between brick and NL);not saying this is it but closest I’ve seen. Also it’s immune to PM :)

ctg

Veteran
Strawberry web

Strawberry web

I’m on them Brother. Just went into flower.

B

Bird~friend

This thread is exactly the same as the UK cheese thread, been going for years and not a single person has shown any proof of the 'real' cut still being in existence.

My take on it is that people remember it as being different to how it actually was

2 yrs, last month. 23rd. :sasmokin:...Excuse me ,...........just need a bit of Space; . . . O(even og 2.0 Thread was a year before, on the Same day) " :)

Is not a Rubik's Cube too; , and 2.0 :)
madal ":yes: :)". But, Nobody Claimed too have this. Only Ojd was highly suspected of having it.

...Knew ojd wasn't Gonna pass this to Cheezegez.
Pft Goes around Comes Around. . Boycott CSG,! BoycoTT CSG!!! BoycoTT! CSG! ... No " Harshities intended" Such a word? %#$ ...That was a pretty harsh Thing to Do tho, Saying your going to give to cheesegez & Not Doing So" (an this was last year!!! "EveN")
. The Whole "BRIGHTSIDE" Community Knew what you said... !
...Always No Intention To Give ?!........... There was a Good few folk OBVIOUSLY including myself Anticiating the Arrival of That "Freak" Plant. I'd of never of lost the Original if not for Never Having Knowledge of " Twat " blackfly/GnatLarvae.

-
Aquire biRdmans, FolkS. Smelly Smelly! Wont Disappoint. Def 50% BRIGHTSIDE. " jus take before bedtime Tho, is all! ... Dementorish EfX because of that Stupidly added Detrimental Suicide Cheese ingredient.

Few Guys in the west have got,probably is all over by Now.
Sent Originaly to a place More Close to the West. -Midwest !

...Has a " Penertrating " Chemical Lemon Disinfectant Stench imo.
"Industrial Toilet Cleaner ".
A POSSIBLE (Certainly for me) Image of what "wHaCkY RaCes" Space Fuel mIght be liKE ...
Can be Created in the mind - with anybody who has Knowledge of " Wittnessing". the Fast Paced Cartoon
Smells like what you "May" Imagine that to smell like. Lol

Last edited:

Dawgfunk

Here’s a pic of something from swami, the onexrks which is giving off some really skunky funk smells already. Still waiting to take cuts. Beautiful plant! :woohoo: Also popped some yogis...skunk ass with a side of piss smell. Real faint but starting to come through...and that was the first yogi bean that I popped...;) I’ll post pics while they’re in flower.

Attachments

• AF96FE38-563F-44BF-B1F0-B0BCE5FF8786.jpg
    AF96FE38-563F-44BF-B1F0-B0BCE5FF8786.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 15

oti$

They won't really be available period until fall. Just keep an eye out on my threads.

Have you popped any yet? Even one or two to see the potential? I know you are set up to grow year roung. When I get ahold of something I have wanted to grow for years I grow a tester or two out immediately. I'd love to see ya drop some true old school skunky skunk on the community, but I'm skeptical. I'll be lurking....

oti$

I'm also with many folks on the idea that nostalgia is making the skunk out to be better than what it really may have been in reality. I grew up in the deep South and have remember the distinct skunk spray smell of my parents weed in the 80's and it definitely made enough of an impression that, to this day, I always associated a runned over skunk with weed. I wonder though, is the effect as good as folks are remembering. I know the smell was very distinct, but we'll have to get someone with more than just a story to prove to everyone that it's still out there. Happy hunting folks:D

As far as "the" RKS yes it's overblown a garbage strain by today's standards, but Rks properties in other strains? Very desirable.

Everyone's thinking is backwards on the issue. Skunk is not some rare, super volatile terpene. I cull every line that doesn't have skunk genes, very few. And it has nothing to do with a specific cut from a specific person. Skunk is American landrace. Swampland bud. Its in most lines but the desirable traights will never be expressed by the average growstore patron whoz been inundated with Bro Nye the hydro guy bullshit.

The skunkiest bud smells like fried chicken after thermal extraction of actives,approx 400°f. Throw the chaff material in a water bath and the skunk re-emerges. Its not a fragile aroma its a fundamental one. If my rabbits get sprayed by a skunk, it doesn't evaporate anytime soon. Even in the hot desert. Lol.

Americangrower

Veteran
Well idk how it will match up to todays bud. But back in the late 80s we grew sssc skunk x nl, it was the strongest pot I ever smoked, well except for the thai stick back then. Tho who knows what was in that stuff.

Latest posts

Latest posts