What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Anything Snowlotus dom will produce huge. But if you want OG quality you need to hunt. I found one Goji that will get S1'd. Silly producer with fuel forward nose.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Light Inert Media (L.I.M.)

Light Inert Media (L.I.M.)

I have been getting some questions as to my mix design. I run 6 styles of hydro. Different strains like different things. When I do use media this is what I do. Came from my Canadian Buddy. I saw how dope his plants looked and had to try it.

He calls it L.I.M. Light Inert Media:-

5.0 cuft Grodan Rockwool Croutons.
8.0 cuft Medium Chunky Perlite (2 Bags)

I use a home depot black and yellow tote (50G). One bag of perlite goes in.

Then I add 10 G of fresh nutrient and mix up the perlite. This stops the dust which is very very bad to breathe gents.

I use respirators not crappy dust masks.

Then mix 1/2 box of croutons in. Mix thoroughly. Use long sleeves and gloves unless you want to get itchy from the RW fibers. I keep my respirator on until mixing is complete.

This will make two totes full of media.

I normally run 5.75" square pots. About 3/4 Gallon. 81 fit perfect in a 4x4 flood tray. I put 2" of LIM in. Then a clone typically in a 1.5" RW cube. I fill in around the cube with LIM; but do NOT bury it.

LIM is not cheap so I top dress with GS2. This is small rough media. Bugs absolutely will not get in there. And the LIM on the bottom holds water really well.

Best of both worlds.

So what is so great about this stuff? It's easy just water like soil. Or run drips if you like.

Drain to waste is easy with this media.

But the real reason is the phenotypic expressions. Plants grow very tough and woody. Dense buds too. If you run hydro you need to try this media. OG's just look outstanding in it.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mushroombrew

Veteran
Elmer's Glue @ 4wks
picture.php

Obi Wan OG. She smells like classic OG dankess. Love this strain @ 3wks. I think she is going to yield big time.
picture.php

Pink Panther (Sa**nie's Jack x Pink Kush) I cannot express how good she smells. Sweet and Sour fruit. With fuel/hash too. Pure Fire.
Bit leafy looking at the moment but the bud sites look like they will blow up.
picture.php

Rondon

Anything Snowlotus dom will produce huge. But if you want OG quality you need to hunt. I found one Goji that will get S1'd. Silly producer with fuel forward nose.

I ran a gifted cut of Bodhi Seeds Sky Lotus. Big fucker. Kinda sweet and fruity but once cured the fuel smell really took over. I grew one outdoors this last season and ran it 3 times inside. Its decent. But man...its still throwing pistil hairs fresh and blonde and deep green with trichome production coming LATE compared my other strains. I had to let her go. Easily 12 weeker. She just keeps green and packing. Like a haze in growth ripeness. Like 8 strains are done and ready by 70 days max and Sky Lotus just wants more. Plus I noticed more late flower stamens/intersexed bananas than I care for. Good smoke though. Hear and read it was basically a Goji variant...which Ive never grown.

mushroombrew

Veteran
OG S.O.G. @ 5 Wks

OG S.O.G. @ 5 Wks

Lil burn up top. Turns out 10" is too close lol! Was just procrastinating raising lights. Chain on this side...

picture.php
picture.php

But going stick my neck out and say this method works! It's the thickest OG canopy I have seen. And it's stacking crazy with side light.

Fire OG, Boss OG, Thin Mint and Elmers glue. Big ol' OG party. Oh and some Platinum OG too because I can.

mushroombrew

Veteran
The whole left half of the top pic is Elmer's Glue. Mag, Mag and a little more mag. When you are done adding Mag. Add more Mag!

I am close to 300ppm of Cal and Mag. Total TDS 900 ish. OG Regemin.

Lower Primaries and mass amounts of secondaries = stacking.

Rondon

That's one helluva canopy. Stacked like a tit bar. Nice job mushroombrew....real nice. Mad skills to make og based gear put out the flower.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Thank you sir. Working hard to improve efficiency. And making low yielders yield!

Gavita's on the ceiling is just so 2010. Everybody just copycats the J Boys set up.

I may not even use horizontal bulbs at all in my new facility. Sometimes it's good to be different.

Rondon

I ran the true for years. It is a awesome og cut. I wish I would never let it go.

I got a bunch of "wish I would of kept her" cuts in my memory. Lol. We all do it. Just so many out there and so little time to run em all. Gotta be practical and with conviction to cull a banging cut that ya like. Ive done it a bazillion times. Anymore...my patients have a large say in what iam running...about to run...and might run in the future. Iam always on them about quality factors on the newest batch. I like to invite them over at harvest/trim time as well. And they are more than willing. Ive turned a couple of my patients into some really fine and fast trimmers as well.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Yes they can be a pain. I have a totally different environment for OG's. Temps, airflow and feeding all quite different. They die in "dutch" conditions.

If you plan on using my words "making low yielders yield" as a slogan you will need to do some dialing in! lol!!

Best of luck to you. Would love a pic when she perks up.

mushroombrew

Veteran
My OG like higher temps and humidity. My flower room is at 88F. 70 RH No direct airflow on leaves/canopy. Strong air flow on stems. I create airflow up through the canopy. Lots of it.

They are super prone to PM. This will manifest at higher temps if present. So you must be really clean.

I jam them with S, Ca and Mg. Lots of secondaries.

A

AVOH

My OG like higher temps and humidity. My flower room is at 88F. 70 RH No direct airflow on leaves/canopy. Strong air flow on stems. I create airflow up through the canopy. Lots of it.

They are super prone to PM. This will manifest at higher temps if present. So you must be really clean.

I jam them with S, Ca and Mg. Lots of secondaries.

Do you run temps that high with co2 or without because im experimenting with high temps and rh this round and wanted some insight into to this

mushroombrew

Veteran
Do you run temps that high with co2 or without because im experimenting with high temps and rh this round and wanted some insight into to this

I run CO2 above 85F. Currently only 700ppm in the OG room. More did nothing more. I had AC go out in the summer. Got up to 92F and the OG just yielded more!!

So it was an accident that lead me to build a different environment. If you think about it Dutch is heavy afghani influence. They do not tolerate heat and humidity. OG can.

A

AVOH

I run CO2 above 85F. Currently only 700ppm in the OG room. More did nothing more. I had AC go out in the summer. Got up to 92F and the OG just yielded more!!

So it was an accident that lead me to build a different environment. If you think about it Dutch is heavy afghani influence. They do not tolerate heat and humidity. OG can.

Awesome because i was wondering how high the temps
Should be while using co2
Some say 82
Some say 84
Some say 86

Do you drop your co2 and temp late in flow so that your buds dont come out fluffy?
Or does the high rh off set that?

Junk

Awesome because i was wondering how high the temps
Should be while using co2
Some say 82
Some say 84
Some say 86

Do you drop your co2 and temp late in flow so that your buds dont come out fluffy?
Or does the high rh off set that?
It's strain dependent. It could be anywhere from 80 up. You have to look at the plants to see where they are happy. You will be able to see where they like it.

Ive only had fluffy buds once with co2, and it was @90-92* most of flower. Plants were visibly hot, I just couldn't do anything about it at the time.

But if the plants don't look hot, you should be fine ime.

Latest posts

Latest posts