What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Rockstar sized OG buds @ 5 wks?!! I call that a win!!

Rockstar sized OG buds @ 5 wks?!! I call that a win!!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

mushroombrew

Veteran
Thanks Coughie. It is staggering in person. Just a wall of OG. It's been a while since I had Fire OG and Boss OG on deck.

They are great for pain. So it will be a very comfortable winter for me.

May even get some sleep who knows! The world is my oyster!!

Junk

Thanks Coughie. It is staggering in person. Just a wall of OG. It's been a while since I had Fire OG and Boss OG on deck.

They are great for pain. So it will be a very comfortable winter for me.

May even get some sleep who knows! The world is my oyster!!

lol

Is that what those are? Fire OG and Boss OG?

Is that the normal stretch or is that due to co2? The reason I'm not using co2 currently is because it kicks the stretch into high gear and I run out of headroom.

When your feeding is on point, environment is perfect, PLUS co2, the plants really pack it on and 7' just isn't enough for most plants when you nail it with those conditions. My last run I was tying stuff down almost every day to avoid hitting the lights. I don't mean getting too close to the lights, I mean, making contact with them. They would break the scrog net, untie the knots (mice? lol) etc...at the end, I was using 12g electrical cable because I would tie them down, and the next day, it would be 3" from the light again!

I <3 co2.... I really wish I had more height : (

Last edited:

Junk

And that last run where I was battling plant height the entire time, I did 1.2 gpw of premium product. Not counting larf or trim, which I had a lot of. I also didn't defoliate at all (none!).

With co2, defol, Hortilux Blue and average yielders, I could easily do 1.5 gpw.

I'm so jealous of your space MushB...

mushroombrew

Veteran
I am truly blessed to have this space. I am grateful for it everyday. I am in a happy place right now. Concrete floors. A sink?! Luxury!!

GPW don't mean much to me without time. I know guys that do 1.5G/W but they veg 120 days no exaggeration.

So I measure myself GPW/Month.

mushroombrew

Veteran
lol

Is that what those are? Fire OG and Boss OG?

Is that the normal stretch or is that due to co2? The reason I'm not using co2 currently is because it kicks the stretch into high gear and I run out of headroom.

When your feeding is on point, environment is perfect, PLUS co2, the plants really pack it on and 7' just isn't enough for most plants when you nail it with those conditions. My last run I was tying stuff down almost every day to avoid hitting the lights. I don't mean getting too close to the lights, I mean, making contact with them. They would break the scrog net, untie the knots (mice? lol) etc...at the end, I was using 12g electrical cable because I would tie them down, and the next day, it would be 3" from the light again!

I <3 co2.... I really wish I had more height : (

I create lots of leads. This shortens the stretch. But the real gem is side lighting. Short nodes spacing makes for bigger stack. Not bigger yields necessarily. I have 10 ft ceilings. Love it! So I fear no stretch!

The can is in the Elmers. Boss and fire are closer to the camera in wide shot.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Keeping it Lush.

Keeping it Lush.

Deer Breath Clone
picture.php

Corey Chem Hybrid Clone
picture.php

Obi Wan OG Clone
picture.php

(Project X) x (Ghost OG) Seedling. Stinky little plant. Borderline Stank.
picture.php

Road Warrior Clone
picture.php

Rondon

she looks like shit rn, gimme a few days and I will

its the same cut acridlab has and I believe he got it from genotypea2 a while back so I know its legit.

no joke she is the hardest to grow plant Ive had next to the fire og cut that I lost(also from a2)

after spraying her with epsom salts and adding some calmag to the food shes lookin a bit better but Im for sure going to need to change my recipe for her.
So true. For OG's they really need different conditions than most other cultivars to thrive. You can compromise with multiple strains but its not ideal. Thats why most bigger growers usually only grow og stuff in whole dedicated rooms. They dont like a warm room where other stuff thrives. They also love alot of calcium while vegging and magnesium while flowering. I grow multiple strains but always dedicate some of the lamps with its own feed tank and drip manifold to og stuff. Totally different base nute profile than the rest. Lots of magnesium. And I dont back off the nitrogen so drastically in flower either. Much more canopy management as well. They can get away from you if you don't deal with canopy early on and stay on it. You will end up with larfy airy buds on floppy stems if you dont. Paying attention to the details and little things..thats how I get og's to give up what they are capable of. But your right. In typical "dutch" conditions...aint happening with og based gear.

Rondon

I got a buddy that feeds his Og strains Cocotek Coco nutrients for the base. And they are in rockwool blocks. Cocotek Coco nutes have a shit ton of calcium and magnesium...and his og stuff in rockwool loves it.

packerfan79

Veteran
I am truly blessed to have this space. I am grateful for it everyday. I am in a happy place right now. Concrete floors. A sink?! Luxury!!

GPW don't mean much to me without time. I know guys that do 1.5G/W but they veg 120 days no exaggeration.

So I measure myself GPW/Month.

I am in a 10x 15 shed. I would kill for concrete floors and a sink. A drain would make my life so much easier.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Exactly. I am super happy. I have grown in just about everything. Lots of carpeted rentals over the years. Plastic everywhere. It was always a compromise.

waltersobchak

Tried the Top Stop on a bunch of widow x bigbud, was super effective. Crazy branching reaching above the main cola site now. Wasn't planning on using a net but it seems almost unavoidable now...the best kinda problem lol

Thanks for spreading the love and knowledge Mushroombrew!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Platinum OG Defoliation @ 3 wks

Platinum OG Defoliation @ 3 wks

I don't even touch them until 3wks. Hence the old yellow leaves.

picture.php
picture.php

Junk

I am in a 10x 15 shed. I would kill for concrete floors and a sink. A drain would make my life so much easier.

A drain is fairly easy to rig. Tap a barrel, run a line outside, a strong pump is $50. It's a "drain" you plug in. But not having water on tap makes it barely worth it. You still have to lug water in, it's not much difference to lug some water out.

And concrete floors are amazing. I couldn't do hydro otherwise.

Thank you for this post, it makes me appreciate the little I have all the more. Though I still want Mush's height! :tongue:

packerfan79

Veteran
A drain is fairly easy to rig. Tap a barrel, run a line outside, a strong pump is $50. It's a "drain" you plug in. But not having water on tap makes it barely worth it. You still have to lug water in, it's not much difference to lug some water out.

And concrete floors are amazing. I couldn't do hydro otherwise.

Thank you for this post, it makes me appreciate the little I have all the more. Though I still want Mush's height! :tongue:
I am fortunate to have good tap water, still sucks dragging a hose in every time I need to fill my reservoirs.

On the bright side I have 10 foot ceilings