What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Cool you gave that tech a name. I've been doing that for quite a few years now. Even turned a few people onto it. Just showed a buddy at his grow the other day. Works great with seed plants. Let's you clone a young plant and flower a.s.a.p. Do it with vert veg lighting, and you'll really get some bushes.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Ghost OG x Project X = OGX

Ghost OG x Project X = OGX

Should be some fire in here. I Like the super long center leafed ghost leaners!

But that indica pheno too who knows?! I love this pheno hunting gents!!

picture.php

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
that is a great tip there shroom, ive never employed that technique. seems like seed plants would be an especially good candidate for this method. thanks for sharing!!!

mushroombrew

Veteran
that is a great tip there shroom, ive never employed that technique. seems like seed plants would be an especially good candidate for this method. thanks for sharing!!!

It works on them too. Although some strains do stunt for a few days. Clones don't stunt at all just redirect growth. You can do it early on when they are 6". You get a 4-6 lead plant and keep that top cola yay!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Rainbow Kush

Rainbow Kush

So you want to know if Rainbow Kush ranks in my stable? Well I liked
it enough to make a couple clones LOL!!

packerfan79

Veteran
How long did it take to cut those babies. I need to cut a coupl hundred so I can flip my stadium into flower. It takes forever, especially when you have 7 strains to label and sort.

mushroombrew

Veteran
How long did it take to cut those babies. I need to cut a coupl hundred so I can flip my stadium into flower. It takes forever, especially when you have 7 strains to label and sort.

2 hrs with my apprentice. We do it in stages.

1. Cut clones off mother.
2. Cut off/trim big fans.
3. Cut 45 with razor knife and lightly scape the stem base.
4. Dip in "Dip N Grow" like 15-20 clones at a time for 5 secs.
5. Poke RW cubes and place clones.

I find going step by step so much faster. Meaning finish step 1 with all of them before proceeding. We made about twice as many as you need in 2 hrs. And Dip N Grow rips!

G

Gr33nSanta

try 22, LOL that does not include 3 males and possibly a female or 2 I forgot. That was the latest head count as of this morning. Then I thought how fucking dumb it is to have so many cultivars in such a small garden like it is something to be proud of ... My goal is to shrink that list down to 12 at most at any given time, it will be heartbreaking to let some of them go but I spend more time maintaining the veg room than I do trimming buds! ...

packerfan79

Veteran
try 22, LOL that does not include 3 males and possibly a female or 2 I forgot. That was the latest head count as of this morning. Then I thought how fucking dumb it is to have so many cultivars in such a small garden like it is something to be proud of ... My goal is to shrink that list down to 12 at most at any given time, it will be heartbreaking to let some of them go but I spend more time maintaining the veg room than I do trimming buds! ...

I would mix them up for sure.I am going to cull a few.2 are from verified clones. 5 different strains from seed, a total of 11 phenos. The seed plants are almost done so I will be cutting it down to 4 mabey 5. I only grow in fall and winter so with pheno hunts in their to it gets complicated. Doesn't help that I got headbanger, sour grapes, cobra lips, black lime, and few others still to go through it's a crazy 6 months. Working full time and going to school, and taking care of a family of 5 I will be ready for a serious vacation come spring time.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Yes it is a lot of work. I have 30+ varieties in under 300sqft of canopy. Takes dedication for sure. 15hrs days are quite common.

Hey mushroom , you can definitely see the dedication and attention that you give to your plants , I stand on the sides with nothing to offer but much to admire , thanks for sharing, FSG.

G

Gr33nSanta

good conversation, glad to hear I am not the only one.

I have been a little bit discouraged lately wondering why I do all this extra work, the market is flooded and it is a true labor of love, most consumers do not understand or care.

Sometimes I fantasies about growing only my top 3, cycles, crop in, crop out, then I remember how bored it would be to only smoke 3 strains... I am my first patient, after all...

Latest posts

Latest posts