What's new

3 Car Garage, 7,000w Grow Room Design

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Mackawber said:
Electrical safety---you're going to be using a lot of juice so you need to supply some serious amperage to support all that wattage you're going to be using. You may need an electrician to come in an upgrade your breaker box to a higher amp service rating.

f_IMG00117m_6aab67b.jpg

Sry for shitty pic, bigger ones to come when it really starts.

Needless to say, electrical is covered. The board is above code, using higher awg then necessary.

Mackawber

What's on the board

What's on the board

What are those boxes on the bottom of the picture? Are those intermatic timers?

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
yes, and a few digital ones will be used as well

plenty of 120 outlets. each one could handle a 1k light technically but it will be used for pumps, fans, dehumy, etc etc.

The 2 coils coming out the bottom are snakes. one is a 240 plug for the A/C and the other is just a 120 box extension (also wired for 240)

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mackawber said:
I don't like the idea of growing in that location.

A garage in the front of your home is an area where loads of people will transit. Kids, deliveries, meter readers, solicitors, politicians, neighbors---you name it they will be walking very close to that area.

If you insist on using this garage then STEALTH and electrical safety should be your priorities. You had better get some heavy duty quiet ventilation and odor scrubbing equipment. If you skimp in that area you may get screwed. Please Stealth this grow--I've read news reports of garage growers getting busted because of the smell coming from their grow. Electrical safety---you're going to be using a lot of juice so you need to supply some serious amperage to support all that wattage you're going to be using. You may need an electrician to come in an upgrade your breaker box to a higher amp service rating. I bet your meters are right outside that garage arent they? What's going to happen when Rita the meter maid smells your grow? Stealth it!!

bro relax... tons of people grow in garages....

this guy was great at it....

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=7366&userid=949

lookin forward to seein what you can do there HEADIEZ! :joint:

guineapig

Veteran
I think this is a perfect situation to set up a "room within a room" situation......

Imagine a series of smalller units within this room all totally sealed and odor-controlled......this type of set-up would eliminate all of the problems people have been discussing: the cold concrete floors, the odor control, possible mold problems, etc....

The only drawback would be the initial investment of time and money, but i think it would be a wise decision in the end.....

It could be as simple as a series of large cabinets all linked up by duct tubing that ends in a big carbon scrubber, or possibly a series of larger metal structures all linked together with duct tubing that ends in a big carbon scrubber?

Good planning will be the key.....

Look forward to this one for sure.....:lurk:

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Lord Doobie

I agree with Mackawber
these commercials grows always get me worried...
there are a million and one things you haven't thought of that could spell the end...

Y

yamaha_1fan

Keep in mind that you will get used to the smell and become immune to it. SO make sure your odor prevention is at the top of the list. I recently upgraded mine or should I say finally installed some prevention. Problem is I dont know if it works

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
yamaha_1fan said:
Keep in mind that you will get used to the smell and become immune to it. SO make sure your odor prevention is at the top of the list. I recently upgraded mine or should I say finally installed some prevention. Problem is I dont know if it works

The plan is to get a Can 150 Filter that will run 24/7 in addition to totally sealing the entire garage. Air cooled lights will be sealed and on it's own circuit going up to the attic. Should be no smell up there, if so then maybe I'll add a inline ozone gen or something.

Last edited:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
badugi said:
Nice electrical work, sir. I like the over-sized wires. :yes:

Ya, I've seen way too many sketchy electrical setups/felt HOT wire going into a board, so being this is going in a new large house, I wanted it to be fail-safe.

Very happy with the board and my friend that put it together for me :)

B

badugi

Lord Doobie said:
I agree with Mackawber
these commercials grows always get me worried...
there are a million and one things you haven't thought of that could spell the end...
No one said running large ops is for everyone. Some can stomach it, some are too skurrred. :biglaugh:

T

THCV

headiez247 said:
The plan is to get a Can 150 Filter that will run 24/7 in addition to totally sealing the entire garage. Air cooled lights will be sealed and on it's own circuit going up to the attic. Should be no smell up there, if so then maybe I'll add a inline ozone gen or something.

sounds like that will work. i suggest you start with the inline ozone from the get-go. my previous setup was similar, with 6 lights venting into the attic, neighbors very close. The smell would appear in little bits outside depending on wind, but once i added the ozone i never smelt anything again. In fact, it seemed like the air all around the house was scent-free (no ozone smell either). Since smell is going to be so important in this garage grow, I say do everything from day 1. I have the 10" big blue 4 UV bulb unit and it has been rock solid, highly recommended.

still, a few mini-splits, no light ducting...more stealthy IMHO. But this will be fun either way.

B

badugi

I dunno, SQ hasn't exactly been posting lately... maybe that wasn't the best way to do things? :confused:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
badugi said:
I dunno, SQ hasn't exactly been posting lately... maybe that wasn't the best way to do things? :confused:

possibly... or maybe it WAS the best way to do things...got in then got out...

Tag!

Wow,...now THAT'S what I call git'n yer grow on!

Many happy harvests, Headiez

Can't wait to see the first chop! (As I'm sure you can't either)

Stay safe, bruddah

scared LOL how about not wanting the goverment to seize your brand new house and whatever that they can auction off plus you know the whole 8 by 6 cell thing and getting ass rape every day for the rest of your natural life

Mr. Tony

Veteran
I'd never pull that shit in a garage. I pretty sure I could fit what sq did in the garage into a medium size bedroom that already has a layer of insulation.

SpoCannabis

badugi said:

SQ is fine he just doesn't post on here much anymore...haven't talked to him in a while...