What's new

3 Car Garage, 7,000w Grow Room Design

I don't know how long you are going to grow in that space but it would help out alot if you permanently mount your garage door's and take down that railing so you can frame it in with 2x4's,sheetrock,ect.it would seal it off that much more and you will not have a heat sig coming off them doors...it's just a seggestion. :2cents: :joint:

Last edited:

omenman

im using a garage...i found that the industrial size zip ties... the long 12 inch ones...work very nice for sealing down the garage door to the floor...loop it around on of the wheels of the door and bring it down about 6 inchs into the frame... and then tighten..i have one on each side and my whole door is tight as can be....

This is my thoughts.

Ventied lights via cool tube or what have you.
No soil. I just mixed soil for a hundred 3 gallon bags. What BS.
Hydro is the way to go. No moving bags of crap, once you're in side no signs of anything.
Make it as simple as possible, for me that means no moving parts. Moving parts break, nuff said.
Still use one part of the garage... makes you seem more legit.
Good luck.

J

jaw

i plan on setting up a smaller garage setup and plant on building a box/room inside my garage and sealing the box, and passively cool the lights so clean air runs in the lights and right back out. and just use a smaller fan with large scrubber to keep the negative vac im only going to be running 2-3 kw though

M

moses224

Any updates???Really looking forward to seeing what you got next. Thanks man

tobaaaac

I'd also like to chime in that coco is an amazing medium. I like your inclination to go with what you know, however. You'll be learning a huge new system--not the best time to learn a new style of growing as well. Subscribed definitely.

asher1er

Veteran
yamaha_1fan said:
I would disagree with that.

Now is the time to get all that venting setup. RUnning a bigger A/C will cost alot more money in the long run.

Looks like a nice place to get setup. Just make sure you think everything through and build it right. Sucks having to redo shit later when everything is in.

or tryna change something up while u got 99 bushes in there.. :bashhead:

some serious weight can be pulled outta a spot like that.. trust me :joint:

i'll stick around to see how this go's good luck n keep the lips shut

freedominphilly

Heyyyy, I was wondering if I was gonna see a thread like this from you! That's a really nice space you have there and some great plans to go along with it. I'd have to agree with yamaha_1fan and asher1er on the ventilation thing...and certainly don't copy me on my ventilation...we all know how ugly mine is ;)

As far as the irrigation thing goes - I have the amount of water that I water them with down to where the dirt gets nicely soaked without completely running out of the bottom. I do this every other, to every three days, and they look great from where I stand. At the most, 4 or five out of 180 will have some dribble out of the bottom, but nothing so much that it isn't dried up completely on its own within a few hours.

But yeah man, I'll be watching this one. Good luck!

Last edited:

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Sounds great! Looks like you figured out that happy medium.

I agree with the full on, real walls. 2"x4" every 16", insulation, drywall, taped, mud, paint with flat white.

For ducting, use insulated ducting and insulate your fans (noise/heat reduction).

As for the floor... its concrete, I never really cared about spills on concrete, but if you're gonna spill A LOT of water, IE have a basin, then pondliner is the way to go. www.pondliner.com get the 45mil recycle tire "firestone" kind. You can have 1000 gallons on your floor and nobodies the wiser.

peace

Y

yamaha_1fan

I have have had many a floods in my flower room. The problem is even with a concrete floor, the water spreads acrosss the floor, past the wall etc. It gets the wood, drywall, and next room flooring wet.

With a concrete floor, I would use a 12-18" strip around the perimeter and seal it to the floor using liquid nails, silicone etc.

asher1er

Veteran
like Mr Celsius said.. Pond Liner! you got the right idea about the walls def close off the side with the garage doors with a new wall.. a small border around the whole room with some pond liner will save you some headaches if you ever get a spill :joint:

Definitely get the pond liner, I have it and it is almost impossible to tear from normal wear and tear (cigarettes being its worst enemy).

I would not worry about running the bucket ebb and gro system. When you decide to try it out you will find it is easy to do. I did dirt for quite a few years and just switched to the buckets and it is slick and easy. Should be no problem for anyone with experience with the plants.

Heh I know how sketchy it can be lugging dirt in every few months especially in the winter time. And getting rid of it is worse. I still get nervous going to the dump with a truck load of nothing but dirt.

Good luck and when you decide to run your buckets keep it simple.

ooga booga

Peaked melamine foam panels hanging within the room and perhaps even ceiling panels would absorb a lot of sound. I plan on getting some adhesive-backed 1" or 2" polyether foam (0.65 - 0.85 NRC) to line my ceilings and maybe also the upper parts of my walls with. With my current double insulation (building wall + flower room wall) it's very difficult to hear, but with that sound absorbing material I expect the room to run virtually silent from the outside.

Staggered 2x6 studs with R-19 would probably be enough... just a matter of taking care of the exhaust now.

Last edited:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
ooga booga said:
When do you plan on breaking ground?

Beginning of Dec.

ooga booga said:
Peaked melamine foam panels hanging within the room and perhaps even ceiling panels would absorb a lot of sound. I plan on getting some adhesive-backed 1" or 2" polyether foam (0.65 - 0.85 NRC) to line my ceilings and maybe also the upper parts of my walls with. With my current double insulation (building wall + flower room wall) it's very difficult to hear, but with that sound absorbing material I expect the room to run virtually silent from the outside.

Staggered 2x6 studs with R-19 would probably be enough... just a matter of taking care of the exhaust now.

couldn't find much info on either of those. I've found so many sites with great looking panels. They look light, and simple to apply, and seems like it would be a perfect buffer to use as the first layer against the bare garage doors/walls. But then I look at the price and realize how impossible it would be:

http://www.soundaway.com/fabtec_wall_panels_s/87.htm

Realistically I need something that comes in 4x8 panels and considering the size of my space and the fact that I can't drop $1k just on 1 layer of soundproofing; I'm not sure if something that cheap but effective exists :confused:

Edit: More options-
http://www.soundprooffoam.com/soundproofing.html?gclid=CIHr_fPq8JYCFRg6awodET_HXg&lcode=AA134

Last edited: