shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
EDIT 12/31/01

Final Config:
4x 1,000w HPS Quantum's on Radiant 8's all on a Light Rail 5 Air Cooled
3x 1,000w Galaxy HPS stationary.
24 hour drip
SCROG
36 5 Gal Buckets with the wide ass net pots.
4 inch rockwool cubes on top of 6 inch cubes on top of croutons.
AN Nutes
Can 100
Hydrologic Stealth RO + 3 55 gallon drums + pumps
Room within a room style framed with 2x4s, R13, Sound proof sheets, plywood, mylar. Panda on floor.

Baller.

Last edited:
T

THCV

sounds awesome, headiez! go bigger on the ac and skip venting the lights, it'll save you a ton of hassle.

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
oh man headiez !!!!!! . i cant wait to see this come to reality >>>> sounds like a sweet room you will have
.>>>>>>>>>>7K >>>>>>>>>>stay safe !!! BUT hurry up and build as fast as you can ,this will be awsome. you will definitely need to seal that room up good.....garage doors seem to leak smell like a sieve>>> rep + big time

Last edited:
S

ShantiShiva

Omg!!
im deffently gonna follow this one, Looking like the dream set-up lol :muahaha:

C

confedrate69

lovin the start up pics there oh the possibilitys :muahaha: no meters or nothin in the garage right

and yeah i second the COCO in something that big how can u beat a reuseable hydro or hand watered medium ???

ooga booga

Excellent! Been waiting for this thread!

It'd be even stealthier if the 1-car portion could be opened and could be used for actual parking, rather than a 3-car garage that never gets opened or parked in. :2cents:

Are you going to go with light movers? Light Rail? 3.5 or 5? A box-within-a-box (sorta like what I'm doing) with 2x8 stuffed with insulation should be plenty, I'm thinking. If standard fiberglass insulation isn't effective enough, maybe alternate layers with fiberglass insulation & sound-absorbent material (foam insulation?).

If you're in the market for specialty sound-absorbing construction material, check out McMaster-Carr. Maybe materials like melamine foam is right up your alley.

I thought long and hard about using drywall to line the interior of the room, but ultimately decided against it. Nice thing about drywall is that it's cheap and absorbs sound relatively well, but it's susceptible to getting wet and isn't a "perfect" bare growroom wall IMO. (Gluing on panda film or Mylar w/ paint roller, like wall paper, would be much better.) I chose to go with what's called "tileboard", a textured plastic board that's alternatively used for bathroom walls. Running me over $350 to outfit my 10x11 room, compared to the ~$70 for drywall, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. (It's about $30 for a 4x8 board, compared to about $6 for drywall.) No need to line with panda or other reflective material, extremely easy to clean, doesn't rip / tear, doesn't "get wet" and mold, etc.

NiceShoes

ooga booga said:
Excellent! Been waiting for this thread!

It'd be even stealthier if the 1-car portion could be opened and could be used for actual parking, rather than a 3-car garage that never gets opened or parked in. :2cents:

That is some really good advice bro! Id even go further making the visible part of that wall look like a wall of boxes/fishing poles/tool boxes and shit...

Get a duct muffler too, fans can get noisy, and you dont want people walking up your driveway hearing loud ass fans... I doubt people will think you are growing weed... but you never know if there was a crime next door or even a report against the noisy fans...

Just cover all your bases, especially when you are growing large scale...

Safety bro! And pics are good too!

NiceShoes

Y

yamaha_1fan

THCV said:
sounds awesome, headiez! go bigger on the ac and skip venting the lights, it'll save you a ton of hassle.

I would disagree with that.

Now is the time to get all that venting setup. RUnning a bigger A/C will cost alot more money in the long run.

Looks like a nice place to get setup. Just make sure you think everything through and build it right. Sucks having to redo shit later when everything is in.

Lagertester

Tagging along for the ride! I would deiinatly air cool the lights and I would also stay away from dirt, BUT this is your room! I am sure you know what to do! :joint:

PharmaCan

Veteran
Damn Headiez, I think we're neighbors. Your garage looks exactly like mine down to the garage door opener and sprinkler control.

PC

T

THCV

yamaha_1fan said:

Now is the time to get all that venting setup. RUnning a bigger A/C will cost alot more money in the long run.

Looks like a nice place to get setup. Just make sure you think everything through and build it right. Sucks having to redo shit later when everything is in.

do the math: the extra AC means a couple hundred more in elec bills per cycle. With 7K, who cares? and it makes it much easier to keep the smell in, keeps the heat signature lo-pro, and complexity goes way down. Use mini splits and keep it sealed and quiet. Venting lights only gets rid of about 25% of the light heat anyway. It's the right move to vent if you don't have enough AC, that's all.

But hey, to each their own...

ooga booga

THCV said:
do the math: the extra AC means a couple hundred more in elec bills per cycle. With 7K, who cares? and it makes it much easier to keep the smell in, keeps the heat signature lo-pro, and complexity goes way down. Use mini splits and keep it sealed and quiet. Venting lights only gets rid of about 25% of the light heat anyway. It's the right move to vent if you don't have enough AC, that's all.

But hey, to each their own...
In most of California, going from aircooled to non-aircooled + huge A/C will cost you more than just a couple of hundred per cycle... more like a few thousand.

Deviant420

Didn't see if this was mentioned... but reinforce the garage doors with some sort of sturdy locking / anti-breakin mechanism.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
NEARTHEBEACHBOY said:
what size carbon scubber are you going to run?

Can 150 + 12 inch Vortex is the plan.

yamaha_1fan said:
THCV said:

Exactly. It gets real hot here in the summer and as much as a bitch running ducting will be with the movers, it will have to be done.

ooga booga said:
Are you going to go with light movers? Light Rail? 3.5 or 5?

I'm def. getting them, it's just a question of how many. Like I said in my initial post, I'm gonna have a Light Rail 3.5 in veg, then a Light Rail 5 in Flower. The question is how many Light Rail 5's to have in flower. Could fit all 6k on one mover technically, but am trying to maximize space/coverage.

In terms of medium. I would love to go with coco or ebb+flow but with this big of a project I need to go with what I know. After a few harvests at the new place I'll add a 4x8 coco table or a 12 site ebb and flow bucket system and start experimenting with those other mediums.

blackone

Veteran
Subscribed... I would also worry a little about how easy it would be to access that garage...
Also consider noise and lightleaks through those (thin?) doors.

Latest posts

Latest posts