What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2016 Outdoor Garden of Eden

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stone House

Despite your current bad luck it looks like your plants are doing great!

Your doing a few of things I am also trying this year, cover crop and earthworms.
Next year I will also have my soil tested and amend accordingly.

Oh and by the way, you should chew your earthworms a little better.....LOL

S

Stone House

Yeah, mastiffs make great dogs!
I have a mastiff x german shepard mix, best (and smartest) dog I have ever had.

FoothillFarming

picture.php

FoothillFarming

So sometimes when it rains, it pours right? Well it's frickin' pouring out!

Spent good money on quality sprinkler material, did a clean install that took 10+ hours in the 85 degree sun, installed 1500ft of new 1/4" drip line emitters, only to test it in the end and find out it was defective.....Called the company, and they were like, "o yea, we knew some of that material was defective, sorry..." That was the first person, the manager is sending out new material on Monday, next day shipping. However a day worth of work wasted, 5 more days hand watering, and my fingers are dreading the next install. Drip lines are a pain in the finger tips.

picture.php

FoothillFarming

When I called, they said they "re-drilled some of the emitters" and about every 10th to 15th emitter sprayed a stream of water at a fairly high pressure. Enough pressure where some were spraying 5ft.

They are suppose to supply .8gal an hour, per emitter. Some were more like 100gal an hour..... If it were just one or two, I would have just cut it out and thrown a 1/4" coupler in. However as I turned more and more sections on, I realized I had a major problem. I just cleaned up and walked inside and took a AOG rosin hit.......Wife is with family, so it's just me and the dogs. So I couldn't even bitch to anybody about it. Which is why I am here, :rtfo:

Awesome. Subbed.

Welcome, glad to have you.

S

Stone House

Bummer about the wasted day, I think they make a little tool to insert emitter into line.
Or maybe you could pre drill the hose for the emitters. Just trying to help, that company created way too much extra work for you.

FoothillFarming

I think they make a little tool to insert emitter into line.

What did you call me?

Just playing.

Turns out after another day of messing around with my sprinklers, only about half the lines needed to be replaced. I tore out what was bad, and waiting for new material to replace the defective material. I had to tear out main line also, because I hate Swiss cheese lines, and I worry about loss of pressure. I am already stressing the specs that come with the sprinklers.

As for the tool, my fingers would be done without that thing. I really know how to install every fitting with my tool now, and needed it.

Today is usually my "off" day, if their is such a thing. However I decided I will be doing a foliar spray of Pure Protein Dry. Got some social stuff to do after my spray, so better shower up good. PPD doesn't smell that great.

Astralviking

Really nice pictures foothill wish i had a yard looking like that!

Btw are you from seedshare.co? do you know why its down?

Best regards
Grönafläckar aka Astralviking

FoothillFarming

Thanks for the taking the time to spread some kind words around guys. I am for sure grateful everyday I live on this land I call my own, it's a blessing. If everything goes right, I hope to have some tree's this year, :plant grow:.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Thanks for the taking the time to spread some kind words around guys. I am for sure grateful everyday I live on this land I call my own, it's a blessing. If everything goes right, I hope to have some tree's this year, :plant grow:.
yah you'll have some trees. its gotta be nice to have your own land.

sucks about the dripline. I'm using the PC emitter tubing from dripworks and its pretty sweet

great weather today, not too hot, good for working. that AOG in the 1000gallon looks great. i'm jealous of your cover crop

FoothillFarming

FUCK..I have (all STILL in boxes) enough drip irrigation for 4 (FOUR!) 25 x 45 greenhouses...none of it tested......yet....oh my god...

I am the first customer to have a problem with the 1/4", 9" on center emitters. Most of the earlier problems, that have been taken care of, was with the 1/4", 6" on center emitters.

That is one of the problems with the 1/4" lines, is you can't test the entire roll. They are rated for a certain amount of feet per run off the main line. The 9" on center being 25' max runs. So unless you want to stop and fill the lines after every 25' run, and dealing with full lines when inserting barbs, (even if not under pressure) you will just have to run it and test it at the end. That is the industry standard, and the few issues that do come up under normal circumstances are quickly fixed.

When you do run your gear, test after ever 100' or so would be my advice.....:tiphat:

yah you'll have some trees. its gotta be nice to have your own land.

sucks about the dripline. I'm using the PC emitter tubing from dripworks and its pretty sweet

great weather today, not too hot, good for working. that AOG in the 1000gallon looks great. i'm jealous of your cover crop

Super nice to have my own land. Expensive, but nice.

I got two AOG's in 1000's, one in a 400 and two in my 5x16 bed. Hoping for big things this year from the ancient, as this will be my third crop growing her. All from seed, but I should have a good feel by now.

Don't worry, in no time you will be talking about how your cover crop has become unruly, lol.

C

cooterbrown420

so you ever get around to donating that $100 after talking all that shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.