What's new

2016 Outdoor Garden of Eden

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoothillFarming

Got these set up all over the property. I can check my camera's and weather station from my phone, anywhere I get service.

Temps got down to 37 last night, with lots of rain and hail. Hope the plants are doing ok.

picture.php

K

KapnobataiZ

:)))))daaaaammmnn nice yo!!!you can put some pitbulls and it looks like a jail.nobody gets in or out.Are you patrolling with a shotgun?:)))

Last edited:

FoothillFarming

:)))))daaaaammmnn nice yo!!!you can put some pitbulls and it looks like a jail.nobody gets in or out.

LOL, when looking around my 4 acres, you can't even notice them. They blend right in, and that post was the most obvious in the bunch. Most are in trees, and hidden. Only one has a weather station that is 33ft in the air, hard to hide that......:biggrin:.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
yah it was cold last night.

nice camera set up. im gonna put a few in my garden this year

FoothillFarming

I have trouble sleeping due to back issues, but when Sept. comes around, I can't sleep a wink. I am hoping the camera's will help alleviate some of my paranoia during that time of year. That and I hope to have a fair amount pulled from deps, so I wont be so dependent on one single harvest.

I can keep an eye on the wildlife this way also. Making sure the yeti doesn't walk off with a chicken.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
yah i know what you mean. last year i got too comfortable and some kids ripped a few tops off my biggest plant, which was close to the edge of my property. I didnt really sleep at night after that until harvest was finished. This year gonna have video cameras, motion sensors, and a tent down in the garden. might borrow my friends rottweiler for a lil while too.

Nice! Having your microclimate monitored must give you some interesting data. You have all those cameras wired in electrically? I'm looking for a system that i can set up off grid. Transmitting to my phone would be ideal.

20sackzack

This thread only rated 2 stars? Fuckin haters, I think this thread deserves 5. Thanks for sharing foothill farming, looking forward to following the show

FoothillFarming

Nice! Having your microclimate monitored must give you some interesting data. You have all those cameras wired in electrically? I'm looking for a system that i can set up off grid. Transmitting to my phone would be ideal.

I did wire everything. I buried all the wires in conduit because I have gophers. There are some really cool wireless systems out there also, but I don't mind trenching. Check out Lorex for another option, I have been happy with my last two systems from them.

The micro climate is really crazy, I am nestled in a little valley so my wind readings are always lower, and my temps are slightly lower then local forecasts. I also freeze more than the local forcast says in the winter, which caused some water line damage.

This thread only rated 2 stars? Fuckin haters, I think this thread deserves 5. Thanks for sharing foothill farming, looking forward to following the show

Thanks for the kind words. Lots of haters out there. Must be doing something right.:tiphat:

FoothillFarming

An hour of hard hail today, and some of the plants got shredded. The Helen Backs had some huge green leafs, that took to the hail poorly. Might have to asses the damage and switch out some plants. Little bummed, but such is farming and life. I will snap a pic if I have time tomorrow.

FoothillFarming

Got down to 35 on my property. Still hail on my dep tarp, and on the soil surface. Snowed a good amount just up the hill at Pinecrest. Damage is worse than I thought, must of hailed again in the middle of the night. It was hailing so hard I actually went out and moved my wives car into the garage.

On the bright side, my greenhouse plants look great.

cbk123

Got any pics of the 88 cherries? I was pretty sad when i missed out on those from svoc--somebody swooped in and got them right as my order got there...but i recently acquired two packs of them from a bodhi vendor who was out of something i ordered--took them out of his own personal stash!

Looking forward to following ur grow, especially since it seems were in the same county, and ur growing a bunch of bodhi!

FoothillFarming

Awe! Sorry bro, I swooped the packs from SVOC. Think I got 5 in total.

I will snap a picture for sure, they are just getting interesting in my deps. Have one full season going, however it just got hit hard with hail and was lagging behind everything else....might get pulled.

Might not happen today, but I will try.

FoothillFarming

Pictures of the hail damage. Pretty wide spread on my outdoor ladies. This is my Helen Back, and it appears to have the worst damage.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

FoothillFarming

Three days in a row of rain and hail. Yesterday only had a couple moments of hail, and no additional damage was done. More thunder in the forecast for today, which means a good chance of hail.

Got a question: When will neem/azamax damage leaves from light exposure? How intense of light, how long of exposure?

Reason I ask is I normally wake up early and spray, as I don't like taking a shower or smelling like fish/neem/ext before bed. Today the dew point must of been low, and my plants are still wet as the sun is fully hitting them hours after I sprayed. I know in direct light plants will fry, but what about morning light? I have been wondering this for seasons now, as I always press my timing on my photosensitive foliar sprays.

Maybe for fun the next male I cull I will take out in full sun and drench with neem. If I do, I will report.

jbarsk8

Three days in a row of rain and hail. Yesterday only had a couple moments of hail, and no additional damage was done. More thunder in the forecast for today, which means a good chance of hail.

Got a question: When will neem/azamax damage leaves from light exposure? How intense of light, how long of exposure?

Reason I ask is I normally wake up early and spray, as I don't like taking a shower or smelling like fish/neem/ext before bed. Today the dew point must of been low, and my plants are still wet as the sun is fully hitting them hours after I sprayed. I know in direct light plants will fry, but what about morning light? I have been wondering this for seasons now, as I always press my timing on my photosensitive foliar sprays.

Maybe for fun the next male I cull I will take out in full sun and drench with neem. If I do, I will report.

Obviously alot of factors come into play on this. If the leaves are facing directly into the sun especially at a perpendicular angle to the rays beaming down on it and it is wet with oil id start getting worried around 930 or 10am. Typically tho ill see the liquid evaporate off fairly quick and at worst a slight little spot or two where the oil is left behind creating the magnifying glass effect. This all is assuming you are spraying at sunrise, which im assuming you are, and it happens to be very high humidity or extra dew like you said and the moisture is sticking around longer than you like. Youre not a newbie but to any newbie that doesnt mean go spray at 9am you will have problems most likely, unless it is overcast. If you happen to get into trouble with this, it is always nice to have a blower around to blow them as dry as possible to speed up the process immensely.

plantingplants

Foothill, how long are you runs of wire for the cameras? I'm 300' from my garden so I don't think I can go wired but not sure. I was thinking $400 picture message trail cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.