What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2016 Outdoor Garden of Eden

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbarsk8

Nice work foothill farming! Yea definitely some different weather this time of year, much more mild than usual.

neongreen

Veteran
Good job FF. Your farm/plants look great! I'm interested to see how you get on with the dep, as I have a similar dep that I'm planning to set up this season if all goes to plan.

Best wishes for a great season,
ng

FoothillFarming

Plugged 4 plants yesterday. An Aog, Dream Beaver, Silver mountain and SSDD. They were all 2ft+ tall, and went into 400 gallon pots. The AOG went into one of my 1000 gallon posts, so I am expecting big things.

FoothillFarming

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers in attendance.

Here’s wishing you a Mother’s Day
That’s filled with every pleasure,
And a future that’s as happy
As the memories you treasure!​

Love you Mom. You make me feel like your name is spelled upside down.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
sounds good! any pics of the transplants

Ancient OG is always the biggest plant in my garden

FoothillFarming

I will try to throw up some pics tomorrow or the next day. I only have another 3-7 yards to mix up, and I plan to plug everything I can tomorrow. Once I knock that out, I will take pictures for sure.

I have 2 - 800's and 2 -1000's and four AOG's...... However I also have some BlueBerryHashPlant and SuperSilverHaze x's that I might flirt with in those pots. Haven't quite decided. However the AOG's have always done very well for me also.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
both my AOG's last year got bigger than any of my BBHPs
just sayin'

great weather this week. cheers!

FoothillFarming

You guys know what I like best about teen plant starts.....

Every year I get older, but they stay the same age.....

Alright, alright, alright.

FoothillFarming

Sorry it’s been a couple extra days than I would have liked. I have been busy, tragedy has stuck, and I have lost a consultant.

First I wanted to start off with addressing LeadSled, and his consulting. Over the last 3 months or so, Lead has been helping with various soil recommendations on existing soil, and a brand new soil mix from scratch. During this time, he has done a good 500$ (most likely more) worth of work for me, for absolutely free. If that isn’t cool enough, all the information was gold and broken down so the simplest of pot heads could fully understand what he was asking of me to do. He broke down all the different materials I could use, and was very flexible in his recommendations. Also, very fast, no waiting two weeks for a recommendation, at times he got back to me in less than an hour. I wish we could have finished what we started.

Unfortunately. I went and stuck my foot in my mouth again. A combination of a post on IG, and some less than favorable words from BackYardFarmer (to Lead, I guess, I don’t fully understand) caused Lead to respectfully decline any further help. So it looks like I am on my own from this point out. The main reason I even started this thread this year, was to show respect to Lead for all the help. So with this last round of pictures, a huge part of my success was because of Lead. I fully believe this season is the best start I have ever had in my 20 years of growing, and part of that success came from Lead and his knowledge. Thank you for the help, the journey and the friendship while they lasted.

Then, about five minutes after I got off the phone with Lead and learning about the loss of my consultant…. I got a call about a loved one that will no longer be with us……. Mid thirties………Don’t really want to go any further on this one, but might take a minute for me to get my shit back together. Sorry if I don’t update for a week or two. My life has been turned upside down atm, and my heart is broken.

Then my cat cost me 600$ due to a lifelong disease, that will keep costing money. Cat is 2.

Lastly, if that isn’t enough……..I think I have a major medical problem. I was out in the garden yesterday and I had an enormous fart that I was holding back. So, I reared back and let it rip……. Please don’t scroll down if you get grossed out easily, this isn’t for virgin eyes. I think I may had eaten something terribly bad………….

picture.php

FoothillFarming

I managed to pull 5 female AOG's from 9 seeds. Here are a couple pics in their first full day in the sun. Two are in my full season greenhouse that I haven't pictured yet. I took Screws advice, and plugged my largest pots with the AOG. Thanks for the advice, and interest in my grow.

picture.php

picture.php

This bucket I have had for about 10 years. Made my first 5 gallon brewer with that bucket.
picture.php

Sky Lotus
picture.php

Helen Back
picture.php

FoothillFarming

I added about 500 worms to each of my new pots today.
picture.php

A shovel full of my oldest soil I designed on the property. Every shovel full has many worms.
picture.php

Cover crop coming in nicely on my new pots.
picture.php

A macro shot of my oldest soil. So fine, and full of humus. Worms have been working this perfectly for me.

picture.php

jbarsk8

Not sure whats a joke and whats not but that is one serious fart, you have some healthy guts there sir, and to the rest i wish the best

FoothillFarming

Sorry to say, but the only joke was the worm fart..... Everything else is too true, and really only scratching the surface. Little bummed, but such is life.

It's not how or why you fall, it's how you get back up.

Manivelle

Veteran
people really get paid for "giving soil care advice" ? if so i'm an idiot ^^ helped so many grower in my country for free.

jbarsk8

Sorry to say, but the only joke was the worm fart..... Everything else is too true, and really only scratching the surface. Little bummed, but such is life.

It's not how or why you fall, it's how you get back up.

I fully agree my friend. Things will get better and i wish you the best

FoothillFarming

I forgot a picture of my best bud. Always owned English Bulldogs, but decided to get a mutt this time around. American Bulldog x Mastiff. Great dog.

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts