What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2015 MLB Baseball season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

so far the Yanks have owned the red sox this year 10 out of 15 with 4 more games to go with 'em, same with the dirty birds (orioles) 8 out of 13 so far with 6 more games to play starting with a 3 game stand in the Bronx, 1st game tomorrow.

1.5 games out of first place and a +5 position for the AL wild card.......

yankees1_zps5epqihva.jpg

don't know how far they'll go but we'll see ya in the playoffs :)

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Giants picked a bad time to go into a slump, maybe the can slip in the backdoor for the playoffs.

Stay safe
BM

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good luck stoner!!

No kidding BM, it's not over till the fat lady sings hehehe so who knows ��

O

OGShaman

I'm surprised my Cardinals have played so well this year with all the injuries we've had. Just dropped two in a row, but it's looking pretty good if we can manage to hold off the Pirates :woohoo:

I've been to over 30 games this year, and I haven't paid more than $17 for a ticket. I've been grabbing lots of good deals on Stubhub. Mostly sitting in the bleachers, but that's perfectly enjoyable at Busch.

Hope you baseball fans have been well :tiphat:

s0e6mTn.jpg

O

OGShaman

These are the two sections (circled) that I have been sitting in the most. I just looked on stubhub and we are 12 hours from game time, and I can buy tickets right now for $21 bucks. That's not bad at all this close to game time. If I had looked 2 days ago there would have been tickets for $10 - $17 in these sections. You have a perfect view of the game plus sitting here, you are 10 feet from beer stands, and the bathroom :)

FafnzXI.jpg

O

OGShaman

This was from those sections, and was probably the furthest back I sat all year, and it was still perfectly fine. Pregame obviously. This was a $10.85 ticket if I remember correctly, and we beat the Cubs that day. I think this was the first time the Cubs came to Busch this year, and Jason Motte who had just been traded to the Cubs from the Cardinals was of course cheered for when he walked on to the field to head to the bullpen because Cardinal fans are a class act :)

CYWCTuT.jpg

Ballpark village has been a huge success. Actually, it's too successful, and there have been many many complaints that it is stealing all kinds of business from local restaurants and bars. It is expected to make 50 million dollars this year. It's still in phase 1. When phase 2 and 3 are completed people will be living and working at the ballpark.

2HoQOat.jpg

Green Squall

I'm surprised my Cardinals have played so well this year with all the injuries we've had. Just dropped two in a row, but it's looking pretty good if we can manage to hold off the Pirates :woohoo:

I've been to over 30 games this year, and I haven't paid more than $17 for a ticket. I've been grabbing lots of good deals on Stubhub. Mostly sitting in the bleachers, but that's perfectly enjoyable at Busch.

Hope you baseball fans have been well :tiphat:

View Image

Sounds like a good deal. It would be nice to go to the park and not break the bank for once. Our season tickets were $19 in the early nineties and now average between $90-$100+.

What does a beer cost there? Looks like a nice, modern park.

O

OGShaman

Sounds like a good deal. It would be nice to go to the park and not break the bank for once. Our season tickets were $19 in the early nineties and now average between $90-$100+.

What does a beer cost there? Looks like a nice, modern park.

Yeah it's one of the nicer parks in the league. Beer is still expensive though of course. $6 dollars at ball park village across the street, and then like $7.50 once you enter the park. They have full liquor bars in the park and sell mixed drinks as well. At least until the 7th inning when liquor sales are closed.

For a $100 - $130 seat at Busch you can get a club level seat where you will have a seat outside, and then an air conditioned room inside, and you can move between them both. Also you get an all you can eat buffet (usually hot dogs, burgers, chips, cookies, etc.), and all the draft beer (It will be bud light) you can drink included in the ticket price.

O

OGShaman

This is first time the Cubs have scored 8 or more runs in back-to-back games in St. Louis since June 29-30, 1937 :shucks:

Green Squall

$8.75 for a bud light at Fenway. Up to $10.25 for a premium can.

I love club seats, haven't sat there in years. Our tickets are Mid Level which are great but not worth the price anymore. The game prices vary now and the most expensive game was $126 I think. Pretty sure we are the most expensive park in the league.

O

OGShaman

Cardinals are the first team to 90 wins.

We had a bit of a slump there and lost a Big chunk of our division lead, but two big hitters just came off the DL so hopefully we can get back on track. Hoping to see Matt Holliday start tonight.

Those Pirates are dangerous though. I wouldn't count them out. Cubs aren't too far out of it either.

O

OGShaman

I got tickets for the Thursday's Brewer's game. Probably my last game of the year unless somebody wants to take me to the playoffs. 8th row bleachers right on the aisle. Two seats for $6 a piece :woohoo:

I am usually not this cheap about baseball tickets, but I took this entire summer off of work just to relax, so watching my money :biggrin:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RIP Yogi....you will be missed. What a great ball player and human being.

I suspect that the Yankees will all be wearing his #8 on their uniforms tonight and the rest of the season. Here's a real gem of his:

His wife once asked Berra where he wanted to be buried, in St. Louis, New York or Montclair NJ.

"I don't know," he said. "Why don't you surprise me?"

R.I.P. Yogi

O

OGShaman

I just had dinner in Yogi's old neighborhood the other night. He was from a neighborhood called the hill that is known for lots of italian restaurants.

O

OGShaman

I drove the hill tonight and saw that there is a makeshift memorial in front of his childhood home, and lots of people were there talking to the lady who is the current homeowner, and she was wearing a yankee shirt.

Even though he left St. Louis and played for another team St. Louisans will always remember him as one of their own.

O

OGShaman

The view from my $6 dollar seat last night. Can't beat that for $6.

Cards were down 3-0 in the first, but came back to win 7 - 3. Back to back homers and the place went crazy.

3 wins from 100 wins with 9 games left.

Cubs play the Pirates this weekend. Go Cubs.

vpSR2C7.jpg

O

OGShaman

Oh and btw,

I didn't know this until yesterday, but the lady that own's Yogi's childhood home is actually his niece. This is her and the house.

ObEjLtq.jpg

O

OGShaman

Cardinals win 100 games, clinch 5th straight playoff appearance, 3rd straight National League Central Division Championship, and the best record in baseball

On to the playoffs we go.

:woohoo:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hell ya OG go Cubs!! They are playing good and just tied up the series..I hope they kick ass.
Fuck the Dodgers and I hope the mets kick their ass!!! lol love post season baseball even tho my teams not in it.
Good luck everyone but the Dodgers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts