What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2015 MLB Baseball season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OGShaman

I'm a Cardinals fan first and foremost, but if they can't pull it off I wouldn't mind seeing the Cubs finally get one. I have always liked Cubs. They had a pretty good season. The Cardinals screwed up tonight. You can't give up 5 runs on errors and expect to win. I think nerves were a factor.

36 out of 40 NLDS game 1 winners have advanced.

Off to Wrigley we go though so we'll see what happens.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dirty dirty dirty .... should be interesting to see how and when the Mets choose to retaliate. You showing up at 2nd base in a double play situation I would say it would be smart to get down.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dirty dirty dirty .... should be interesting to see how and when the Mets choose to retaliate. You showing up at 2nd base in a double play situation I would say it would be smart to get down.

that was certainly a frigging filthy dirty slide, he didn't even start the slide until he was even with the bag. Joe Torre is mulling over his penalty options that may include an immediate suspension. I expect him to get beaned, I'm sure some Mets pitchers will be aiming at his head.......

dddaver

Veteran
2 game suspension? Well whoopteedo. He broke that second basemen's guys leg. Utley, the creep, should be at least fined and suspended at least for the rest of the playoffs, including the series if they make it, and considered for a ban from baseball. What he did was really bad, will effect the rest of that second baseman's baseball career and even the rest of his life.

For you that might say that's all part of the game. No, it's not. That was not home-plate and a collision with the catcher where you might expect injuries like that. It was an obvious out with the offense/batting team on the losing end of one play. It was a deliberate act by Utley. And violent cheating like that can not be tolerated. In other sports that might be accepted but I think MLB is different, has always been a model to aspire to, and blatant, obvious cheating (and most especially violent like that) will not ever be condoned and needs to put their foot down, hard and fast.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2 game suspension? Well whoopteedo. He broke that second basemen's guys leg. Utley, the creep, should be at least fined and suspended at least for the rest of the playoffs, including the series if they make it, and considered for a ban from baseball. What he did was really bad, will effect the rest of that second baseman's baseball career and even the rest of his life.

For you that might say that's all part of the game. No, it's not. That was not home-plate and a collision with the catcher where you might expect injuries like that. It was an obvious out with the offense/batting team on the losing end of one play. It was a deliberate act by Utley. And violent cheating like that can not be tolerated. In other sports that might be accepted but I think MLB is different, has always been a model to aspire to, and blatant, obvious cheating (and most especially violent like that) will not ever be condoned and needs to put their foot down, hard and fast.

I agree, it's not enough of a punishment but recent history with Roger Goodell (NFL) handing out big suspensions have had his decisions overturned, this has a better chance of sticking, but it at least should have been a 3 game suspension in case that series goes the distance.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

looks like his appeal will be held on Tuesday instead.

But here's a unique way of getting even in lieu of hitting him while he's @ the plate, if he makes it to 1st base the pitcher throws as hard as he can in a 'pick off move' which Luke Duda has no intention of catching, throwing that ball shoulder high at a guy that has his back turned could do some awesome damage.

tbh I'd be surprised if a bunch of Mets fans don't rush the field to throw him a whoopin'

if he'd ever done that to Jeter his life wouldn't be worth a plugged nickel.......

O

OGShaman

Go Cubs :tiphat:

8I3NjAD.png

PK5Hxyp.png

jm4YLMd.png

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mets v LA tonight.... as a diehard SF Giants fan...Mets win! lol Cubs/Mets=Cubs

Jays/KC = Jays

Cubs/Jays in the World series.

Doc Brown, Marty and Biff of Back to the Future says the Cubs take it all in 2015

I saw on the news Doc Brown wants to throw out the first pitch 88mph

BM

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Chicago vs NY. Two big market teams.
KC vs Toronto. Two small market teams.
Should be interesting.

Isn't arrieta kush a re-labeled girl scout cookies?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
its that platinum og portland kush, renamed of course. lol

I swear every time i see something in the area its always called portland or platinum lol wtf

I gotta say the cards were classy as fuck taking the loss. Real sportsman. Makes me proud of the central div!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts