What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

wishbone420

i want something more like mini baseball bats.but i think having a mother is best. clone go 12/12 from root. the ones i got now is 12/12 from seed and it still tends to have a veg period regardless of light/darkness ratio. at least 3 -4 weeks before preflowers.

G

guest101

Sure mothers is the best and if you know them, the better...
:wave:

Last edited:
Day 12

Day 12

These pics where 9 random bagseed.7 turned out to be female.That is not anyway normal but kool.These pics area few days old.Today is day 4.Day 12 since pistils.

J-uana
:joint:

jrw

_frankenstein_ said:
Some of you are having pathetic production just to save 2 week!!
It doenst make sence seeing some pictures...
Flamebaiting aside, what I really want to see is an experiment that runs a little like this:

24 females from seed, from a stable inbred line (lets say a 10 week strain)
4 females 12/12 from seed
4 females 1 week veg
4 females 2 weeks veg
4 females 3 weeks veg
4 females 4 weeks veg
4 females vegged till preflower

Harvest on same trich profile (~9-11 weeks)

Do the math and get the g/kWh pr each plant, get the average and compaire these.

Had I more than one growspace I'd do this asap :joint:

But ofcourse, there are many other qualities to growing 12/12 from seed, other than simple production quantities, so maybe it doesn't even matter :muahaha:

jrw

deadzombieswv42 said:
Today is day 4.Day 12 since pistils.
Could you please explain this to me. I dont get it :nono:

If they're grown 12/12 from seed, why don't you just count the days since they broke soil?

nola

Wha strain to use?

Wha strain to use?

jrw, you said the strain needs to be sativa dom but atmosphere had some nice pics of an indica strain.

I'm interested in using this technique for my first grow but I'm very confused about what kind of seed to use.

Last edited:

jrw

nola said:
jrw, you said the strain needs to be sativa dom but atmosphere had some nice pics of an indica strain.
I said, that if you want to scrog and hope to fill out the screen, an equatorial sativa or another near pure sativa is preferrable.

Not a word about Indicas not beeing suitable for this style of growing.

C99 x Deep Chunk, 12/12 from seed...

_frankenstein_ said:
Some of you are having pathetic production just to save 2 week!!
It doenst make sence seeing some pictures...

Its mainly about keeping your seedplants short in order to avoid inefficient use of light and to get a more equal quality as a result .

Veg time is more expensive than 12/12 ,for some people a very important thing .

This is the strain Double Fun ,a Indica dominant plant . A very big vital mother plant was choosen for seed production ,look at her stem

For creating a strain suited for growing on 12/12 only :
We needed a strain with a short flowering time , but still with the will to grow out to a decent size , and not stay too short . It took a couple of years of selecting and stabilizing but with good results in my opinion.

The mothers stem :

You need to do a real good job in the first weeks thats for sure . Once you can do that you will have the advantages of plants from seed in a short period of time without having to clone and keep mothers.

Last edited:
I believe i'm not allowed to post here where you can order these seeds. but after so much discussion on finding the right strain for this method I believe it is fair to mention that work has been done to create a suited strain and that they can be ordered for less than 2 € per seed

RasJay727

Gotta luv 12/12 from seed, just finished my most recent harvest, DinaFem Blue-hash, DP MasterKush, and some Flying Dutchmen fem mix...no pics becuz i dont like posting any, but i can honestly tell you all the strains came out excellent, i plant on crossing some DNA seeds with Reeferman genetics

G

guest101

Hey atmosphere!
If you can produce that kind of quality seeds, i totally get you mate!!
Keep it!
Sory about the words i used hehe no need for so much "choc"
:wave:

SkareCrow

not done with my grow yet using this tech but I must say use this tech for indicas because I used pure sativas and the only ones taht showed sex within 2 weeks were all hermies the 1 female haze took 4 weeks to show pistils and the thunk took 6WEEKS!!! I have been lst'in the haze since the first week and have a pretty large plant with 10+ cola's should be a decent yield but the thunk hasnt taken to kindly to lst and is growing agonizingly slow. will report back once haze is done thunk should take another full month at least prolly more...

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
I hope this next comment I make doesn't start any problems, but in the past I have grown from seed and on more than one occasion the plants from seed didn't turn out as good as the clones from her in the next round. They produced the same, looked the same and tasted the same, but I noticed potency seemed to increase after a couple grows with the same cutting. I know not all plants are like this, but quite a few of the ones I have done were noticably more potent and were grown in the same conditions. Someone might have already mentioned this - if so sorry, it is a long thread.

That said, I do love the info on this thread as it seems to be a very good method to use. I might try something like this in the near future. I lke the benefits from seed.

Atmosphere, your garden is amazing and your buds look great! You have much more experience from seed than I do, so I ask you, do you notice with some strains that they seem more potent after a cutting or two, or did you not really notice a difference from seed or clone? Just curious if you noticed the same as me on a few strains. It could be I had some ones that were not the norm.

TGT

So the cuttings from the mother plant when she was older did a better job , is that correct ? or did you take cuttings from the cuttings?
I would like to see the mother from seed in her first weeks

There are very much factors involved such as "how much time did they take to root.

The mother plants genetics can produce very potent buds ,but this always will also depend on conditions . When a mother is too stretchy for example because of a lack of light right after she was born she probably will give less good results as her clones even though they have the same genetics

Last edited:
When growing from seeds, I believe eventually you will end up starting them on 12/12 ,(once you have optimized your growing skills)

Otherwise your plants will become too tall for effective indoor lighting.

Without a doubt the method is the fastest way to go from seed to harvest . And it is also possible to have a field of buds like with clones when you use the right technigues and strains. Yield will not be less ! but it will be a lot faster and cheaper and take less space than the proces of cloning and keeping moms.

Grows from Cees and me , we never use veg time any more

The pic with the two in the front proof how big and yielding plants can be with this method . yields up to 90 grams per plant

G

First grow ever and it was started 12/12 from seed my girl couldnt handle a big light on at night since i grow in the closet of our room so 12/12 it was, wouldnt grow any other way with the results you get. These are Mandala #1s at 29 and 30 days of flowering. The first picture was taken on May 17th

Click on a picture to make it bigger

Last edited: