What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

jrw

Jahwi's Joy, landrace from Ghana, 9 weeks, 12/12 from seed, 6 liter pot.

C99 x Deep Chunk, harvested @ 9 weeks, 12/12 from seed.

12/12 from seed is awsome for the micro grower.
Combined with fluoros and strains that stetch a bit, you can grow nice amounts of even nicer weed in no space.
And if you only have one grow-chamber, and like to go through lots of different strains fast, this is a near perfect way to grow.

All you need is lots of seeds :D

Last edited:
F

F0iL

lookin good jrw, I am running 12/12 from seed right now and everything is workin good for me. I am doin some LST'ing, but it looks like scrogin is workin out better than i thought. What kind of nutes are u running?

G

Atmosphere, please help me...

Atmosphere, please help me...

Atmosphere, I have noticed through this tread that you are "the man" to ask about 12/12 from seed. I need your help badly. The pics below are of ICE from marijuana-seeds.nl. They are 7 weeks from the day I started 12/12, and an average of 5 weeks from the day they showed the precious hairs we all love, they are under a 600W HPS in Perfect Mix potting soil. I have grown for over 10 years, but this is the first 12/12 from seed, and I am not sure if they are doing good for their age or not.
Please, if you can, tell me if they look about right for their age, and if you have a gestimate of when they may be done.
Thank you in advance, and if anyone else on this forum can help, your info is much appreciated.

jrw

F0iL said:
lookin good jrw, I am running 12/12 from seed right now and everything is workin good for me. I am doin some LST'ing, but it looks like scrogin is workin out better than i thought. What kind of nutes are u running?
Hard nutes mixed into the soil. Blood-, bone-, kelp- and basaltmeal and dolomite lime. Check the organic subforum for recipes.

You need a strain close to pure sativa, preferrably from near equator to be able to fully scrog under 12/12 from seed.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
im not who your looking for, but... sup soil :wave: they look good from the pics, no deficiencies that i can tell. as far as when theyre done, b/c you only have 9 posts, do you know about mini scopes? 12-15 at radio shack with upto 100x manification. most wait until the heads go from all clear to 50% cloudy, while others wait until they start to turn amber. its really on the grower and the kind of high they enjoy on when to harvest. did that help a little? oh yea, if its been 5 weeks since pistils, you prolly have another month before its good to go.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
soil expert_ you are looking good for the time and space. Usually You can expect them to be ready around 12 weeks from planting the beans under a 12/12 regimen. Keep an eye on the white hairs when they turn brown you want to look at the trichomes and see if they are all cloudy. That's about the time you want to harvest. Harvest can start at 10 weeks depending upon the phenotype and run as long as 17 weeks. Here is a Strawberry Diesel x NYCD at 10 weeks with quite a bit of time to go!

G

thank you guys so much

thank you guys so much

this is my first time doing 12/12 from seed, ive been growing from soil for about ten years now but i guess that sometimes anyone could run into a situation that someone might know more about than me. but yeah i figured that it would be about another month or so before they finished i guess i just needed someone else to say the same thing. but thank you guys so much, your always there when someone needs advise and that really means alot. later :rasta:

12-12

12-12

I seen many fight with this method,i like this method 2-3gramers are possible but not likely.Wish i could take them 2-3gramers back to veg for a while but for the most part it works very well.I friend use's this method all the time any sativia dom bagseed he gets to go into a differnt room,but most stay short.I am currtly ungoning my first 12-12 grow.Just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

This plan to the left end was veg for a month and a half this one whould have been a 2-3 gramer for sure!!It is a total of 8 inches now(lol)

93|93

hi guys!
I've got some different strains in my box. I'm into week 5 of 12/12 from seed.

that single plant is a white widow from greenhouse at day 30 (I count from the day when they come outta soil) , the other shows a couple of plants.

sorry for that bad quality - I'll get a better cam soon.
31907couple2-med.jpg

31907ww2-med.jpg

Last edited:
G

guest101

Some of you are having pathetic production just to save 2 week!!
It doenst make sence seeing some pictures...

greenhead

Veteran
_frankenstein_ said:
Some of you are having pathetic production just to save 2 week!!
It doenst make sence seeing some pictures...

And some people have pathetic, laughable production even when they've vegged for a while. It all depends on the grower.

:joint: :wave:

Care Free 1

Veteran
atmosphere
Looks very encouraging. Cant wait to try it this new way, for me at least. It is good to push the boundries of knowledge and experiment. Many great things can come when you do. Glad this thread is around, and I will be reading through it all.

G

guest101

Hey Green, you are right in a way.
I tend to see genetics play another major role here as wel...
FastNfurious for me is veg them for 3week at 20/4 or somethig like that, and than 12/12.
:wave:

Last edited:

greenhead

Veteran
_frankenstein_ said:
Hey Green, you are right in a way.
I tend to see genetics play another major role here as wel...
FastNfurious for me is veg them for 3week at 20/4 or somethig like that, and than 12/12.
:wave:

Yeah, I'm sure the strain selection also plays a big part in it.

For me, I don't really see 12/12 as a way of saving time, that's not why I would choose to go 12/12. People who rush their grows will end up with an inferior product IMO.

It can be useful for a SOG, where somebody doesn't wish for their plants to become too tall or bushy and for somebody who wishes to grow lollipop sticks.

:joint: :wave: