What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

THC•20

I have a question about selecting different phenotypes and keeping them..Instead of keeping any pheno and being happy I want to really find something that appeals to me. I have hundreds n hundreds (lol) of bag seeds and I'm thinking about trying to find something in them. I am limited on veg/clone space but I have a lot of room for plants to flower so I was wondering if I started some seeds 12/12 the minute they sprout would it be possible to reveg them after their harvest? I seriously hope I find something that makes me go "this is the one" :)

Logos

Very nice thread. Impressive photos. I have not read the entire thread, so perhaps this question has already been answered, so bear with me, please. At what point should one fertilize with a flowering ratio as opposed to a veg and bud setting ratio? From the start, when hairs show, or what? My appreciation to whoever answers.

Logos

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
After reading this thread a few weeks back I decided to give it a try. I don't knock things I haven't tried. So I put three 80% Sativas in my bloom shed & this little fuckr showed himself in approximately 4 weeks. I have 2 remaining but they never had the exceptionally fast growth like this one. I'll know in a few days, hopefully they're petite females. These plants have a 7-9 week flowering time.
They're about 8" max away from an air cooled 400MH

Last edited:
i tried doing this a few weeks ago with bagseed, and i got 18/18 males. does 12/12 from seed stress bagseed into being male? or was this just coincidence?

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
frostynugs420 said:
i tried doing this a few weeks ago with bagseed, and i got 18/18 males. does 12/12 from seed stress bagseed into being male? or was this just coincidence?

This is my first go at it but I don't believe that to be the culprit - yet. Just a healthy male so far. The smaller ones are very often girls. We shall see very soon.
That would be a terrible ratio of males you had there.

Make that 2 males one to go is holding out.

Last edited:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
have any of you used 12/12 on strains with the intention of only making more seeds? if so does it produce a decent number or should i stick to vegging out plants to be used for seed making?

Jebfx

atmosphere said:
@ Jebfx; Tests were done with those strains and this method , and it turned out to work very well .

How many pots fit in your available space ?
6 female plants or more to end up with would do the job in that space.

Atomsphere:

I have a 0,36 m2 tent i like to use with growing. Its 60x60x120.
I will use a 400w hps with cooltube.
Strains are Blue Tops and KC Brains something..

If i use a big bed with soil , how many plant can i fit in this tent?
If I have 15 cm between each seed I could have 3x3 = 9 plants.

Does this sound ok?

Last edited:

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
big buddah cheese thrown in flower room , hoping for male to polenate my ladies ,which have just begun flowering
hope im not too late starting it

jiboia

frostynugs420, keep these rules in mind for more female ratios because the environmental factors that influence gender are:

a higher nitrogen concentration will give more females
a higher potassium concentration will give more males
a higher humidity will give more females
a lower temperature will give more females
more blue light will give more females
fewer hours of light will give more females
It is important to start these changes at the three-pairs-of-leaves stage and continue for two or three weeks, before reverting to standard conditions.

If we start 12/12 at seed, it'll mean more potassium starting 3rd week because thats when flowers start to show. Also, at 3rd week most of people start using their HPS lights which gives more red than blue. Does anyone have trouble getting more females than males??

Spittn4Cash

Nice growing everybody!

Im proud to say I read this entire thread, all 72 pages in 2 days. props to all who contributed, and a special thanks to hal and atmos. Im sure u already know what Uve done.

I wanted to show everyone what Ive been cooking up. this is my first time going 12/12 from seed, so far things are lovely. Before anyone mentions their size, I gotta let U guys know some of these plants dealt with some stress from early pH issues, and one accidental topping (B.H.P. = Bottom Half Plant & T.H.P. = Top Half Plant after it successfully rooted w/ rooting hormone.)

First off, the grow enviroment.
000000100fl7.jpg

000000300xc7.jpg

000000800am1.jpg

the cab has been upgraded a few times since I started it, so far it has a 400W HPS, 30W fluoro UV A&B reptile light , single fan intake (sucks in air from outdoors and blows it into cab) ,Dual Squirrel Cage Exhaust, single oscillating fan.

1020132ld4.jpg

And now the plants, from oldest to youngest.

The Queen (5 Weeks, 1 Day)
1020133vj5.jpg

B.H.P. (5 Weeks, 1 Day)
1020135bv1.jpg

Indica Dom (4 Weeks, 1 Day)
1020134na0.jpg

Nirvana Bubblicious - Hydro (2 Weeks, 1 Day) T.H.P. clone in the background

1020136la9.jpg

Nirvana Bubblicious - Soil (2 Weeks, 1 Day)
1020137ot9.jpg

1020138iy6.jpg

S4$

Jebfx said:
Atomsphere:

I have a 0,36 m2 tent i like to use with growing. Its 60x60x120.
I will use a 400w hps with cooltube.
Strains are Blue Tops and KC Brains something..

If i use a big bed with soil , how many plant can i fit in this tent?
If I have 15 cm between each seed I could have 3x3 = 9 plants.

Does this sound ok?

I'm back again , after a stop
It sounds like the right amount of plants you have there for this method

abirdintheair said:
have any of you used 12/12 on strains with the intention of only making more seeds? if so does it produce a decent number or should i stick to vegging out plants to be used for seed making?

Even started on 12/12 can still give you plants over a meter tall , so those should produce a decent amount of seeds

jiboia

Spittn4Cash, have your done 12/12 in that cab before? Seems like its not light proof...

I just changed the lights to 12/12 for 20 plants now. They are in their 3rd pair of leaves, day 8 from seed. The cotyledons are still big and green, so no nutes will be needed for some time. But i plan on giving them just a little bit of N, once the cotyledons yellow, only about 50 ppm, to boost fem/male ratio hopefully~

They are stil under six 150watt CFL for blue light (also another fem booster).

I will move them to HPS in a couple of weeks.

jrw

Micro 110W PLL 12/12 from seed perpetual.

Lots of different stuff, all 12/12 from seed (Jahwi's Joy, Kali Mist, Senor Garcia, C99 x DC, C99 x SWT3 and OTHaze x SWT3)

IMG_2480Small.jpg

Jahwi's Joy, 46 days, 12/12 from seed

Latest posts

Latest posts