many strains will do good:
*martian mean green
*white widow
*critical mass
*ice
*blue-hash
*nebula
*many many more

12/12 is the only way i grow(energy issues and time) ive grown indica dominat plants that yield pretty good, lets remember lighting,environment, nutes do play a role in what you will get, the best bet is to practice and get your growing skills down, then experiment and see what happens, im pretty sure Atmosphere had many trials and tribulations with growing 12/12, i get better with every grow. If u want a for sure good output grow a plant that is around 50/50 indica & sativa, or just pollinate some dominate indica and grow out many and see what u get. Im currently growing angel dust,skunk-special,L.A. confidential, and ice cream from 12/12, i know the L.A.'s wont yeild too much, but what the hell i have 10 seeds left to use to breed some good shit down the line, if ur growing skills are decent then u will grow excellent plants, i grow my plants in COCO which ALWAYS gives me good results...be easy :headbange

haze12421 said:
So after over 1000 post's what high potency strain yeilds the best under 12/12 from seed?

Strains that are good yielding and potent anyway and do not need more than 10-11 weeks of flowering and not less than 8 weeks (they will become too small) is about the answer.

To really determine that you would need to grow large amounts of strains under the same conditions. for a good comparison you would also need to grow at least more than ten female plants of each strain. Also , plants from a certain strain can have different parents and therefore will be different, so its kind of hard to answer your question .

But the strains I have shown in this topic did a god job with this method.

when we are talking about yield , my best strain was this one , the Blue Top

It reacted great to the method by producing only very few leaves as you can see in this picture

Last edited:

a6grow

some newbie Q's

some newbie Q's

hey guys, im gonna be starting my first grow and it will be 12/12 from seed in a micro cab.

i had a few questions, would greatly appreciate it if anyone can give me some advice. thanks in advance.

a) can anyone recommend some good feminised seeds to use for 12/12? also any suggestions on how to prevent stress that will lead to hermies? i do plan on doing some LST or ScoG since i will be using a micro cab setup...

b) i will be using a SWC setup, can anyone give me recommendations on the nute feeding schedule for 12/12 from seed if using hydro? any organic nute suggestions?

a) It is kind of hard to find out what the best feminized seeds are, i can not advise you on this one . Best advise to prevent hermies is "keep the temperature low "
temperatures around 30 degrees C will defenatly grow more hermies then 10 degrees below that temp.

How much vertical space is available in your micro setup ?

a6grow

appreciate the help from the og, Atmosphere!

i was planning a HPS setup, but its quite hot and humid here in the summer, so in order to keep temps down as low as possible i will go with CFL. will have passive intakes and a computer fan exhaust...looking to set up a thermostat controlled exhaust for temp control efficiency, good idea?

my micro cab is basically 52cm*36cm*40cm (height*width*depth). i have this desk and drawer set, the drawer is basically a cab on wheels, so thats what im using...

for the space i have, i was planning 2 mini rectangular SWC tubs with 2 plants each, total of 4 plants. was thinking to use 2 CFL's and then 2 LED bulbs (to supplement the weak blue/red light spectrums of the CFL's). will have 2 fans blowing on the lights also. any suggestions on total CFL wattage or alternate setups? please let me know, im a newbie but i definitely want to go 12/12 from seed, just want to maximize the effieciency and effectiveness of my setup. thanks!

Last edited:

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Just finishing a 12 12 grow.
I grew out some DP Strawberry Cough, a local strain that is very indica dom and F2s of some beans I got from Johnny Reeferseed years ago.
Overall, I wouldnt discount this method but would be hesitant to try it again due to lower yields.
More details later.

nola

I started my first grow two weeks ago using the 12/12 method. I've read up on it and it seems to make a lot of sense for growers with restricted space, like me.

I'll post pictures when there's something to show but my bagseed is going to be pretty much a crapshoot. :joint:

If you really want to be succesfull , you will need lots of light especially in the first few weeks . Otherwise the method will dissapoint you I believe. It does not need to be HPS , fluro's are also possible but you are going to need a lot of them.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I think you are right atmosphere.
I started these under flouros. I think the yield would have been better if I used hps from the start. Would have created more vigorous plants that would have a better overall yield at the end of the grow.

Rich

Capt.Ahab said:
I think the yield would have been better if I used hps from the start.
I think putting in more plants would have made a bigger diference in yield.
In your picture i see there's loads off empty space between the plants.

a6grow

any opinions on CMH lighting for 12/12 from seed? the whole time (from seed to harvest) VS. first 1/2 CMH, finish off on HPS?

Last edited:

SpitRhyma

I'm trying this method next!

I'm trying this method next!

Wow, I'm trying this method next. I have a few questions.

1- How short can my plant be and still grow big nugs? I want to keep my canopy level about 2 feet from the light because I have a very hot 400 watt HPS.

2- When do I find out if my plant is a male or female? Does it really start flowering as it grows? I'm on day 2 so if it flowers right away I guess I will find out soon :p

3- What happens if I top the plant when it is about 2.5-3 feet tall? Will this funk stuff up?

And also... does anybody have experience with this method using LA OG Kush or LA OG Kush hybrid seeds? I'm using seeds I got from LA OG Kush from the club. I don't know if the seeds are pure LA OG or not but hope that they are.

SpitRhyma

Capt.Ahab said:
I think you are right atmosphere.
I started these under flouros. I think the yield would have been better if I used hps from the start. Would have created more vigorous plants that would have a better overall yield at the end of the grow.

But how would you prevent stretching without burning your plants up? I find that my plants are getting way too much light as seedlings with HPS unless I put the HPS about 4" away from the "canopy level" (if you can even call it that at this point) -- anyways I've only done this once and 40 out of 42 seeds grew and all 40 stretched retardedly... I'm talking 6-8" tall plants with only starter leaves and their 1st node. I had to plant the survivors very deep into pots which leaves less room for the root stock to reach down. Fortunately I got like 5/6 females... unfortunately I started flowering too late and had to remove some because they were too tall. My over-all experience is that you need to use flourescents for the 1st 2 nodes or until the plant is about 6-8 inches tall.

EDIT: I was just thinking about my own post... I guess maybe one solution would be to put a weaker HPS light on it and just have that closer... Like a 250W at 2" away -- But why not a desklamp with a compact flourescent. The desklamps have good reflectors that project the light almost like a spotlight and if you have one 23W bulb per plant for the 1st 2 weeks then switch to HPS would you still have yield problems? I'm still interested in your answer to my original post though because I'm trying this method and I want to learn from other people's mistakes.

Last edited:

Rich

SpitRhyma said:
1- I want to keep my canopy level about 2 feet from the light because I have a very hot 400 watt HPS.

2- When do I find out if my plant is a male or female? Does it really start flowering as it grows? I'm on day 2 so if it flowers right away I guess I will find out soon :p
1.5 feet is still a save distance for a 400 watt.

The plants will show sex about 20 days from start.

SpitRhyma

SeriousNerd said:
Hey, thanks for the warm welcome! :wave:

That AK48 looks really good, but I think I could fit something a little taller into my cabinet - maybe I'll give it a try with some sativa leaning strain! Anyways, I'll be watching :lurk:

Is there an actual ak 48 gun that I don't know about? Or was someone trying to be extremely creative with that one?