What's new

1000W 3x3 ScROG (Round 2)

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
yeah i hope you get a pheno of which i described its a true gem,not one of my personal faves i keep it around for the wife,its one of her alltime favs.

and yes kush fuckin rocks,my next runs gonna be 10-12 bucket rdwc with bubba kush,purple kush and blackberry kush maybe chem dawg kust too we'll see cuz i have so many top knotch strains right now its hard to pick i wana just grow them all in the masses!!

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Man, I totally complete freakin suck at cloning, I have seen the air layering method on-line and in books/read about it. Never tried it though, thats what I love about this site, it inspires me to actually try the shit that I always seen but was always unsure of doing myself.

I love ICMag for that too. The collection of brains and ingenuity that reside here make this the most complete site to be a member of. I mean shit you can chill in the equipment and design sub forum and learn a shitload of information on air, electricity, water, pressure (negative and positive) this site has it bro...

And btw you did an AWESOMETASTIC job on that air-layering. Clean and accurate ;)

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
yeah i hope you get a pheno of which i described its a true gem,not one of my personal faves i keep it around for the wife,its one of her alltime favs.

and yes kush fuckin rocks,my next runs gonna be 10-12 bucket rdwc with bubba kush,purple kush and blackberry kush maybe chem dawg kust too we'll see cuz i have so many top knotch strains right now its hard to pick i wana just grow them all in the masses!!

I sure hope I have it. I'll put the pics up soon so you can check 'em out. Gonna try and photograph them individually before putting the trellis back on.

Man you have extreme strains :) Damn!!! I think it's pretty fucking cool your wife has her favorite strain. What makes it even better is that only you can make it the way she likes it.. Damn I wish I had another 3x3 right now. I think I'm gonna make a trip to the hardware store and get some wood. LoL.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!

Just loaded up my first 8 clones :) in the EZClone. Four from G13xNYCD 1 and another 4 from #2. I'll take 4 more from #3 and the G13's are done. Then the same for the TW's and the remaining strains. All plants have had massive foliage removed and flowering begins tomorrow ;)

I let the clones sit in the EZClone solution for 2 hours before placing them in the tub. Going to do the same for the remainder and we'll see if I get roots or goo in 5 days...

green_thumb...

Veteran
I bet youre excited,flowers in your near future is very exciting.
Im in day 2 of week 2 of flower myself,just added big bud,bud candy and B-52 to the mix in my hydro bubba kushes,they look like theyl be some decent phenos.

and take lots of cuts especially if your gonna set up another 3x3?
its not like you couldnt easily get rid of excess cuts??? (hint hint)

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
I bet youre excited,flowers in your near future is very exciting.
Im in day 2 of week 2 of flower myself,just added big bud,bud candy and B-52 to the mix in my hydro bubba kushes,they look like theyl be some decent phenos.

and take lots of cuts especially if your gonna set up another 3x3?
its not like you couldnt easily get rid of excess cuts??? (hint hint)

LoL oh man yes. I plan on making cut taking a regular thing and I believe you'll definitely have these genetics in your garden soon ;)

I'll have 36 clones planted into ProMix 5x5" pots and I'll resume taking clones from there. I'm going with the assumption that they'll all root so as long as I do everything right I should be ok. I even hooked up the 24/7 nutrient monitor on the EZClone so that I can tell what the temperature is from a distance too.

green_thumb...

Veteran
lol right on monitoring the ezcloner water,i made a diy one and i just throw the heating mat from my old tray and dome cloning ways under the tub,so also are you adding anything to the cloner water??

my last batch of cuts had olivias cloning solution mixed as the instruction says and i was pretty impressed with the size and number of roots that popped out so im sold on that stuff.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
lol right on monitoring the ezcloner water,i made a diy one and i just throw the heating mat from my old tray and dome cloning ways under the tub,so also are you adding anything to the cloner water??

my last batch of cuts had olivias cloning solution mixed as the instruction says and i was pretty impressed with the size and number of roots that popped out so im sold on that stuff.

Nothing in the water just the EZClone solution (not in the water itself but from what was on the cuttings) but today I woke up to find the leaves wilting. I was under the impression that they wouldn't wilt in EZClone. Temps are 80 on the dot running for 12 hours now.

KUSHEATER1

just water and wait a couple days and there should be roots only cut that would not root for me quickly was that damn SFV OG Kush ,21 days on that bitch and that's why she got the boot.as for the wilt they should stand right back up unless they have extreme lighting over them.I don't even use any gels powders etc.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hey KUSHEATER1
What's cooking? Its seems pretty weird. Here's a pic:

Seems like some of the stems are literally shriveling up.
picture.php

Here You can see the leaves are cupping.
picture.php

Here you see the stems appear to be leaning whereas they were up tall when they went in 12 hours ago. To me the leaves appear to have been fried. Nothing in the water either.
picture.php

Now I'm trying to figure where I went wrong here and I think I may have overdosed with the EZClone solution. I let these 8 clones sit in it for 2 hours. Though when reading the pdf for the EZClone. The creator states that he's left clones sitting in there for up to an hour. I just figured "whats another hour" lol!!

K. Flowering is going to be postponed till I get clones. I can't afford to flower this crop and be left with no plants afterward.

benzo

light looks to close! i have a diy ez cloner (which i LOVE) and it only needs 1 cfl like 3 feet away! seriously.. you dont need much light on em at all...

edit: i love your grow sir! props and good growing karma to you

Second edit: I have done many runs with NOTHING but tap water.. then my buddy used clonex. both ways worked well, but i think water temp is more important... anyone else have advice for him?

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
light looks to close! i have a diy ez cloner (which i LOVE) and it only needs 1 cfl like 3 feet away! seriously.. you dont need much light on em at all...

edit: i love your grow sir! props and good growing karma to you

Second edit: I have done many runs with NOTHING but tap water.. then my buddy used clonex. both ways worked well, but i think water temp is more important... anyone else have advice for him?

Hey Benzo,
Thanks for stopping by bro. Damn you know whats funny. I was about to install a 150W fluoro in there too LoL. Nah but seriously that light suxs. It's a 15W fishtank light I rigged from my very first grow and it's over 7 years old. The bulb and ballast. I think I burned them bitch babies with the solution.

Fuck it I didn't want to do it but I'm taking all new cuts and I'm taking them all from the tops. Might as well have the healthiest clones possible right :)

benzo

Hey Benzo,
Thanks for stopping by bro. Damn you know whats funny. I was about to install a 150W fluoro in there too LoL. Nah but seriously that light suxs. It's a 15W fishtank light I rigged from my very first grow and it's over 7 years old. The bulb and ballast. I think I burned them bitch babies with the solution.

Fuck it I didn't want to do it but I'm taking all new cuts and I'm taking them all from the tops. Might as well have the healthiest clones possible right :)

Hahaha nooooo more light :)

Don't throw away the first set of cuts tho! (well DO throw them away if the stems are brown and mushie..) Just add more cuts

and yes, i know it sucks cutting off the healthiest part of the plant to make cuttings.. but it works sooo much better imo.

Oh im using GH micro gh bloom with kool bloom powder as well. +H&G Drip Clean (to remove salt build up) & dyna gro pro tek silica (which you should really look into!) My girls love it!

Anyways, later :wave:

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hahaha nooooo more light :)

Don't throw away the first set of cuts tho! (well DO throw them away if the stems are brown and mushie..) Just add more cuts

and yes, i know it sucks cutting off the healthiest part of the plant to make cuttings.. but it works sooo much better imo.

Oh im using GH micro gh bloom with kool bloom powder as well. +H&G Drip Clean (to remove salt build up) & dyna gro pro tek silica (which you should really look into!) My girls love it!

Anyways, later :wave:

Haha thanks man. I'll go ahead and up it then I also though it was a bit low but everyone seems to say not much light is needed, Oh man I find myself so new to cloning. I was just waiting for the right time before I ravaged these plants.

blowin

How to?

How to?

Good stuff man u r going to love the ending buds have weed
For days.
How to subscribe?
Good luck hope for whitehairs

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Good stuff man u r going to love the ending buds have weed
For days.
How to subscribe?
Good luck hope for whitehairs

Hi Blowin,
Thanks for dropping by :) I think you're already subbed. Every time I leave a comment on someones page it subs be to them automatically and I didn't set that as an option. Pretty convenient. As for sex they are all girls bro ;) I made sure of that first this time.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
K round 2.. Seems when I took the clippings, I scarified way too much. It should have just been the skin. This time I am not scarifying anything. Just clip, dip and place. I'll keep you guys updated.

Too long of a soak in rooting compound didn't help things either.

System was cleaned with clorox.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Hey KUSHEATER1
What's cooking? Its seems pretty weird. Here's a pic:

Seems like some of the stems are literally shriveling up.
picture.php

Here You can see the leaves are cupping.
picture.php

Here you see the stems appear to be leaning whereas they were up tall when they went in 12 hours ago. To me the leaves appear to have been fried. Nothing in the water either.
picture.php

Now I'm trying to figure where I went wrong here and I think I may have overdosed with the EZClone solution. I let these 8 clones sit in it for 2 hours. Though when reading the pdf for the EZClone. The creator states that he's left clones sitting in there for up to an hour. I just figured "whats another hour" lol!!

K. Flowering is going to be postponed till I get clones. I can't afford to flower this crop and be left with no plants afterward.

I would trim the fan leaves a bit more on the next clone run. Even though they get sprayed with water initially they have no roots and can't take up much. With a large leaf area they will transpire, lose water. Small clones always seem to do better too.

KUSHEATER1

i would trim those leaves back and I have found out that if I leave clones in cloning solution like dip n grow to long I have burned the babies before I cut put cut in my mouth and then on to the bubble cloner wait for about 3-5 days and I have bumps forming or little roots will post a pic soon