What's new

1000W 3x3 ScROG (Round 2)

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hello all,
First off I want to thank IC Mag for giving us a safe place to discuss and share this great hobby :) Thank you!!!

Okay so here we go.. I have a few strains this time around and at this moment I am creating mothers. All my moms will be bonsai moms - no specific reason for this I just find bonsai moms reminiscent to Mr. Miagi in the Karate Kid and I remember all the trouble they went through to save that wonderful mini-tree :) it touched my heart.

I tried my very best in creating a short haze plant before and it all went to crap because I did not take the proper measures and check for sex as well as flowering an original OG Kush before that without ever cloning. So I've gone ahead and daisy-chained 5 F30/T12/D/Rs shop lights together with an 8 inch clearance from the base board. These are 5 three foot fluorescent tubes with a CCT of 6500K - No light mixing just 6500K and then straight into HPS for flowering. The lights are static and cannot move so plants over 8 inches are not an option.

I figure it'll be a month or so till my babies can be cloned and go directly into their RDWC system so please bear with me on this thread. Also this is indeed a Hydro grow but the mothers will be placed in soil - so please forgive if this thread is in the wrong place but this is a hydro grow.

Strains:
1. G13xNYCDiesel Currently vegging unsexxed
2. Lemon Skunk Feminized
4. Train Wreck Feminized

Medium for mothers:
1. Miracle Gro Potting Mix - First time user but I've read great things about this stuff. I just recently ordered Rapid Rooters but prior to this I placed all my G13xNYCDiesel directly in the potting mix and they all popped in 3 days without pre-soaking :)

2. GH Rapid Rooters - First time user but I've read GREAT things about these plugs - all seeds will go directly in these from here on!

Germination:
1. Humidity Dome - No heat pad at the moment but I'm hoping we'll be okay since we're starting from seed in Rapid Rooters - cloning starts in a month hopefully sooner.

Flowering:
1. 3x3 Hydrohut Mini - Mylar throughout the inside equipped with a homemade 3x3 wooden trellis (3in. holes)

2. 940W Hortilux Conversion bulb - to be used with a 1000W magnetic Coil ballast.

3. Daystar AC hood - 6in to 4" reduction flange running straight to a 265cfm Squirrel Cage fan. Although I might just upgrade 6" ducting and a more powerful fan since 1000W's in a 3x3 is excessive.

Well Ladies and Gents this is what I'm working with - please accept my apologies for this long post. I'll start snapping pics today of what I've built for the mothers and if you have questions on the wiring of 5 three foot fluoros please let me know.. All comments and suggestions are welcome - Good or Bad ;) Please don't hold back.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
I ordered the train Wreck from these guys a week after I ordered the Lemon Skunk and they are in my hands :) 7 days later. WOW!! I'm still waiting on the Lemon Skunk from but it should be here any day now.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Okay I've been thinking about this - I'm germing all 6 seeds. Once big enough I will grab at least 5 clones or more from each to see whom is strongest - I might even flower for a straight week and see whom buds first. That will be the donor for this grow. Ladies and Gents chime in at any time if you have an easier method. As of now I am only flowering 1 strain at a time for uniformity which is MOST important to me. Lemon Skunk will follow. The ... and Venus Fly Trap will sit on the sidelines watching the show but I plan on having many micro moms ready to sub when needed ;)

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Mother and Cloning area

Mother and Cloning area

Here a shot of the Mother and Cloning area I built with 5 - 30W T12's an inch apart with mylar as the reflector. Here you can see the dome housing the new Train Wreck and ... along with 4 G13xNYCDiesel which sprouted on 3/24/2010 under a 15W tube. Just moved them to cloning are 3 days ago and re-potted. These will become possible bonsai moms for when I'm ready to grow that strain. The runt in the front will have to go but I'm just checking to see if it'll take off. 150W's of 3ft tubes with an 8" clearance here. CCT 6500K.
picture.php

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Wow I'm so glad to see u back posting. Do u plan on pinching and pruning the way u did before? That was so cool. So sad it turned to be a male. I myself am in the mix of making mothers. I have BOG lifesavers and some PPP freebees. Ill be taking this ride for sure. Thanks GWE

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Wow I'm so glad to see u back posting. Do u plan on pinching and pruning the way u did before? That was so cool. So sad it turned to be a male. I myself am in the mix of making mothers. I have BOG lifesavers and some PPP freebees. Ill be taking this ride for sure. Thanks GWE

Hi Greenwithenvy,
Dude thankyou so much for the warm welcome. It means alot to me. LoL oh you know it. I like breaking that stalk to promote more vertical veins withing them so they eat faster. I just want to make sure I have the numbers down because I really want to scrog. So far I'm thinking 6 plants in a 3x3 with a scrog style for a shorter veg but I'm setting up a controller outside the tent so if I can fit 9 2 gallon buckets in there easily I'll just make it a SOG with pinched out stalks and serious prunes. Nice to see you again GWE ;)

Hey do you have a journal GWE, I'd love to see your ladies.. Great strains..

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Lemon Skunk has arrived :)

Lemon Skunk has arrived :)

Alrighty then,
Our selections are coming along well as the Lemon Skunk from just arrived today. K here we go.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
This will be my 1st grow here. I had another one that was interupted by the police years ago. This time I'm legal. In fact my real legal date is this monday. I hope u have cloned females this time. Lol

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
This will be my 1st grow here. I had another one that was interupted by the police years ago. This time I'm legal. In fact my real legal date is this monday. I hope u have cloned females this time. Lol

Nice well I'm certainly pulling up a seat for your grow bro. I'll be the guy in the front row with a fedora, sunglasses and a handle-bar mustache :)

Wow a legal grow - that's just beautiful man!! Congratulations on that one. I live on the east coast in a brick building so legal is not happening for me but growing is the only thing that calms me and brings me peace.

Yes sir... All female stock. All the seeds are getting germed now. I plant on cloning the best female from the packs and giving the remainders away. I can't see myself killing them but in order to find the best I need to flower them for taste, potency, and structure. All my moms will be short and stay under 8". Dude I am EXCITED!!!

RudeDog

Veteran
Nice one dood...I'll be watchin ur grow.

I got a Lemon Skunk just breakin soil today. Trainwreck yet to show but i reckon she will.

I ordered one of the mix packs from Greenhouse. Liking the Lemon Skunk of late.

Good luck dood.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Nice one dood...I'll be watchin ur grow.

I got a Lemon Skunk just breakin soil today. Trainwreck yet to show but i reckon she will.

I ordered one of the mix packs from .... Liking the Lemon Skunk of late.

Good luck dood.

Thanks RudeDog,
I'm just waiting patiently for these Train Wrecks to break so that I can get the mom process started and then the real fun begins.. Watching grass grow ;)

I like those mix packs. Best idea any seed bank has ever had.. I was going to order from ... but the were out of stock of the Train Wreck so I got Lemon Skunk. Then I ran into ... and they had everything in stock so I jumped on it quickly.

I miss my haze though but I don't think I'll squat haze plants anymore. After watching Arjan and Franco bloom a 10ft Thai-Tanic plant I think I'll just wait till I have the space. They are gorgeous when left alone.

Wow, I just looked at your first thread and what an amazing job despite the outcome. I will be checking this out for sure!

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Wow, I just looked at your first thread and what an amazing job despite the outcome. I will be checking this out for sure!

Hey thanks overmyhead, I had fun on that grow. It hit me really hard I kind if stopped growing but I'm feeling a lot more positive now that I know I have females.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
It's been three days since I dropped my beans in Rapid Rooter. So far nothing. It's been 2 days for the Lemon Skunk.

I presoaked the RR's, as well as squeezing them thoroughly to remove the water and leave moisture. I filled the dome with 1/4 inch of water as instructed. I'm going crazy here but hey if they fail at least I know ... delivers in 7 days :) I through the Lemon Skunks from a different seed bank in there so if they fail as well then I know for a fact the Rapid Rooters are the culprit.

T.rips

wow man i checked out your first attempt and my jaw dropped at the end result.. so sorry man, u must have been absolutely devastated..good luck this time around and make that plant a bush madness!! ill definitively be watching this bro

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
wow man i checked out your first attempt and my jaw dropped at the end result.. so sorry man, u must have been absolutely devastated..good luck this time around and make that plant a bush madness!! ill definitively be watching this bro

Hi T.rips,
I'd be a liar if I said I didn't cry.. Lmao I cried like a bitch for at least an hour before I cut him down. But yeah man all females this time but I think I lost my crop. My beans always pop in 2 to 3 days in soil and everyone swears by these rapid rooters so I bought a bag of 50 and day 3 nothing. Good this my G13xNYCD are 3 weeks old so at least I'll have something but they are unsexed. I'd need to flower one first to sex and these take 13 weeks to flower lol. But I still have fingers crossed for Train Wreck and Lemon Skunk. Guys and Gals please pray for me.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Okay I just checked all the rapid rooters and it seems as I fucked it up by adding the 1/4 inch water the instructions suggest. Do NOT add 1/4 inches of water because you're going to make it soaked as I have. I just hope it isn't too late for the Train Wreck at day 3. Please lord just give me one and I promise I will blow your mind... I lifted the Rapid rooters a bit so they somewhat dry out. Starting tomorrow or as soon as they dry out I will start spraying the RR's.

T.rips

ya bro good luck i cant wait to see a super chubby girl..hopefully your seeds pop.
sending good karma your way..pop u damn beans!! ahah

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
ya bro good luck i cant wait to see a super chubby girl..hopefully your seeds pop.
sending good karma your way..pop u damn beans!! ahah

I hope they heard you T.rips but fuck it I heard you and thats good enough for me. I'm not sleeping tonight. I'm gonna be on these mofo's till day break..