What's new

1000W 3x3 ScROG (Round 2)

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
How do you go about watering, feeding them? From under the screen or above.

I grab a 4 foot piece of half inch tubing and connect it to a water pourer then I just raise slowly as to not cause a tsunami but gentle streams.

Ironically the screen will be coming down in a week or so. Prior to flowering I'll need to SERIOUSLY clean the underbrush so that the plant stems get regular air flow. For now I just need them to explode topside.

I'm currently feeding each 5 gallon 2000mL or 2L's of water. The single 3 gallon gets 1000mL's.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Looks like you're in stride with this run. I like a good looking scrog grow.

TFD

Thank you Thefalsediviner,
Love the name btw..
Yes this grow will be very clean and neat. These were all moms initially but they grew a bit too much due to my neglect. So I'm forced to flower this batch but I plan on making it a nice flowering show. Hopefully I'll end up with a nice carpet style scrog.

Btw that air layering technique of yours looks wicked!! Clean and precise. I will watch that closely. I'm a huge believer in the K.I.S.S. method and I'm using nothing but low cost micro and bloom from GH. I will add kool bloom in mid flower though but even that is very reasonable.

Dude, SumDumGuy complimented my use of air-layering in my grow. I was responding to that compliment. Anyway, thanks for trying to help me out.

TFD

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
My bad I never mentioned that it was a technique he is using in his thread HC.. That was a mishap on my part..

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Dude, SumDumGuy complimented my use of air-layering in my grow. I was responding to that compliment. Anyway, thanks for trying to help me out.

TFD

Sorry misunderstood and missed your link. Got it now, you can also use peat moss or coco wrapped around the wound covered by black plastic and tied off at both ends. With aerial layering you can produce quite large clones.

floater

nice work, but drop the number of plants for the screen. 4x4ft scrog under 1kw HPS needs 4-6 plants depending on veg. good luck, godspeed!

LOL, no worries guys. I'm really looking at this tread for the defoliation tech and SumDumGuy's clean rig. Organized grows help keep me on my program, peer pressure at its best.

TFD

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
nice work, but drop the number of plants for the screen. 4x4ft scrog under 1kw HPS needs 4-6 plants depending on veg. good luck, godspeed!

Hi Floater
Thanks for your input and I agree :) This will be the only run that's over filled this way. I need to flower this whole crop to determine qualities and attributes I like for use in my future grows. I'll try and keep them as neat as possible for this run but they'll be more manageable when in my e&f system.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
LOL, no worries guys. I'm really looking at this tread for the defoliation tech and SumDumGuy's clean rig. Organized grows help keep me on my program, peer pressure at its best.

TFD

You guys are awesome!!
This week I've learned a whole lot from you guys and this aerial layering thing just tops it all!!

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
lookin buddy,cant wait to see some tasty buds,im interested to see if the GH TW is actually a decendant of the arcata as they posted on theyre site that it derives fron the legendary arcata cut,i have a actual arcata tw and i hope to see some resembalence. also i cant wait to see all your other genes grow too they sound like dank winners.

keep it up and good luck.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
lookin buddy,cant wait to see some tasty buds,im interested to see if the GH TW is actually a decendant of the arcata as they posted on theyre site that it derives fron the legendary arcata cut,i have a actual arcata tw and i hope to see some resembalence. also i cant wait to see all your other genes grow too they sound like dank winners.

keep it up and good luck.

Good to see you Green Thumb,
Man I've been flushing for the last 9 hours. I have 3 buckets left and I am done. I'm flushing till the runoff pH goes up to 6.2 and TDS of 300 to 350. This is from an initial runoff of 5.5 and 4100 on the majority of them. I tell you no deficiencies but am I glad I did this now. This was a bomb waiting to go off during flowering. I'll be flipping in a few days now so we should be seeing some really nice nugs soon..

green_thumb...

Veteran
so your tds was 4100??? if so HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!! wtfs up with that? and if that tw is anything like i have its a massive fuckin stretcher so keep a good eye on her,and man i feel your pain on 9hrs of flushing,thats what i use to do to my flowering soil plants once a week to keep any build up to a minimum. anywho its lookin good from the last pic and i'll along for this ride forsure.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
so your tds was 4100??? if so HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!! wtfs up with that? and if that tw is anything like i have its a massive fuckin stretcher so keep a good eye on her,and man i feel your pain on 9hrs of flushing,thats what i use to do to my flowering soil plants once a week to keep any build up to a minimum. anywho its lookin good from the last pic and i'll along for this ride forsure.

Oh you know it ;)
So far I have three TW's.. 1 being the shortest and smelliest. But I'm not getting a gym sock smell. It's actually fruity. 2 is just a bit taller but following in terms of similar appearance. Now 3 is a stretchy mofo damn that girl climbs but I've been training her. The last TW is actually a cross of Jasmine x TW called .... That one came from ... and I hear it is the Arcata cut but I will post the bud shots in due time so that a seasoned eye can let me know. It's supposed to be insane so I am highly looking forward to that too. Like the G13xNYCD it is a 10 week strain. The lemon skunk is also sweet smelling but I expect a lot from those too. Oh man I'm so damn tired lol.

green_thumb...

Veteran
right on,im looking foward to seeing some bud shots,and i dont mean to talk myself up but i can tell a true tw by just its leaf formation,its the strain i have the most experience even before i grew myself my friend that introd me to this wonderful hobby always grew tw,one time i went to his pad and no shit he had a foot and a half tall tw and the main cola was a cone shape that was half the length of the pland and the base of that cola was 5"round coning down to an inch of foxtail at the til and it stunk soooo damn good that signiture ,very citrus,lemony,pine sol-ish gasoline-ish scent with the same tast. mmm m
i really hope you get a tw its a very special specemin like kush but but iv never had a tw cross and it still has that sig tw smell/flavor in addition to what it was crossed with. but with true kush crosses you can always tell that special kush kick in the mix ya kno?

and you just need to chill out and toke one up...

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Aww man I really hope I have one of those man. I'll be super excited :) Just before flower I'll grab a few clones and keep them for moms. That smell you described made me real happy Green Thumb. It's unique. Almost smells like haze..

Exactly what I ready about that Arcata cut. Fucking amazing colas. Damn!!

The TW cross is mixed with Jasmin which is a sativa sominant strain as well but I read it is not GHS TW so this has to be seen.

The Kush :headbange

H

HybridHydro

Man, I totally complete freakin suck at cloning, I have seen the air layering method on-line and in books/read about it. Never tried it though, thats what I love about this site, it inspires me to actually try the shit that I always seen but was always unsure of doing myself.